Choices

Decision made. Gonna spend 5k on a compliant exhaust. Mad? possibly. But in my current work climate i think its worth it.

MR VAIN:
Decision made. Gonna spend 5k on a compliant exhaust. Mad? possibly. But in my current work climate i think its worth it.

Good choice Rob :wink:

Good choice mate anything euro 4/5 is way over priced at the moment.
The father in law has a mini bus. Took it in passed the smoke test but still needs to spend £1700 on an exhaust. Wost thing is we only live just inside the zone.

newmercman:

MR VAIN:

Good choice Rob :wink:

Nice One Rob, glad to hear your work is good :sunglasses:

jessicas dad:
i wouldnt quit just hang it as long as you can refusing to do london, or i would go down the route of getting with about 6 other owner drivers and buying the equipment for the lez scheme and swapping on it each others lorries to get the nessary cert each year.

From what I’ve heard it’s not that simple as there’s a paper trail for every exhaust and they have a unique serial number.

This is a little bit ‘off thread’ but fully ‘on subject’ but, will this make a difference to the rental value of yards inside & yards outside ‘The Zone’■■ ie, will parking fees just outside the LEZ go up in value from refugees looking to base their e3 & older trucks.

Ross.

Hard to say i suppose it depends on your work. e.g. my yard is just in it but for the last month i haven’t done a job in the zone but this week have had three jobs in it.

Just let the sothern ponces come to sth mimms and collect there own goods, :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

globby 480:
Just let the sothern ponces come to sth mimms and collect there own goods, :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

that is my thoughts on the LEZ too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Will be interesting to hear how you get on with this new system. I suspect you will find a increase in mpg and a reduction in bhp, would be tempting to put a changeover valve to a sidepipe or vertical stack as Goaty suggested.

shuttlespanker:

globby 480:

that is my thoughts on the LEZ too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It won’t matter to you your bungee cord stops at Newport pagnell services. :smiley: :smiley:

kr79:

shuttlespanker:

globby 480:

It won’t matter to you your bungee cord stops at Newport pagnell services. :smiley: :smiley:

That’s as long a leash as she’ll let him have :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

NB12:
Will be interesting to hear how you get on with this new system. I suspect you will find a increase in mpg and a reduction in bhp, would be tempting to put a changeover valve to a sidepipe or vertical stack as Goaty suggested.

Straight thru stacks already purchased. :sunglasses: Not sure if it will be legal thou.

MR VAIN:

NB12:

Straight thru stacks already purchased. :sunglasses: Not sure if it will be legal thou.

Haha, there’s an expression round here for that, “rat legal”!! (it’s legal if you don’t get caught;)

Ross.

I’ve got a vertical one fitted to mine, its noisier than the Volvo original fitted from new, it seems livlier than before, I’ve had it on for about 6 weeks. I don’t think I’ve lost any BHP, as for MPG I do central London most days so my MPG is never too good but on my last workings out over the month its about normal…

fly sheet:
I’ve got a vertical one fitted to mine, its noisier than the Volvo original fitted from new, it seems livlier than before, I’ve had it on for about 6 weeks. I don’t think I’ve lost any BHP, as for MPG I do central London most days so my MPG is never too good but on my last workings out over the month its about normal…

Any chance of a photo mate?
(The pipe, not you!!!) :laughing:

I dont think having a changeover valve would be illegal, they would have to prove that you used it. Like bigr250 says its like robbing a bank, you only get the jail if you get caught. Anyway i think i would be right in saying your only needing to be LEZ compliant in the LEZ zone, so if the system is restricting performance/having an affect on mpg why not have a system that allows you to reduce that affect to only the times that you are in this zone, or does this change the vehicle tax so you now pay a reduced road tax on that “band” of vehicle for all areas?. It would be perfectly beliveable for a show truck like yours to have a way of switching to a noisey pipe for when you like to rev up on private grounds (at truckshows).

I used to have a car with a big bore exhaust de cat system, it still passed emissions tests at mot time.

kr79:

shuttlespanker:

globby 480:

It kept snapping KR, i am now only getting to woodall :grimacing: :grimacing: hope it keeps snapping as well woolley edge is far enuff these days :wink:

MR VAIN:

fly sheet:

Any chance of a photo mate?
(The pipe, not you!!!) :laughing:

I’ll try, I’ve a pic on my phone…

Heres The £6200 exhaust, I prefered the one that was free with it when I bought the lorry though…