LEZ

I’ve bought a fancy exhaust for my old 2006 fuel burner, well I will have by Monday when I collect it. Its fairly depressing really as I could have used £6200 on mountain bikes or a car but as I have all the mountain bikes I want & don’t need a car I just thought ■■■■ it I’ll get street legal for London instead.

I was thinking earlier about the LEZ bollox, I know they have ANPR cameras to check compliance, but do these cameras pick out Johnny Foreigner and apply the same charges for non compliance, or do they just persecute the British :question: :unamused: :unamused:

CM ran a report about 3 weeks ago Mark 6 mil in unpaid lez by non UK operators under the current LEZ. It’s a joke surely they can flag it up at the ports and they can’t leave until fines are paid.

Flysheet what make of exhaust did you buy and what motor are you fitting it to ?
cheers

As usual Mark we are being anally raped whilst the flip flop lot come & go as they please. I was in a no win situation with this Crossrail thing looming, FH13 already liviried 700k kms & as I loath moving house…

I’m having a Baumot fitted to a Volvo FH13 Rolle265…

I’ll let ye know what difference it makes at the end of the week…

Thanks Flysheet

i run an old scania and refuse to fit any partical money sorry smoke trap to it :imp: pity i wasnt a farmer really coz the government would of paid for a new engine filled it with diesel and gave me a cash handout for all my down time :imp: mind you mine is left hand drive :blush: :blush: should pinch some foreign plates for london use only :wink: :wink: so until i go green i dont have to put a number on my door and were a crash helmet and enter the london wacky races :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

a mate of mine runs a scania 530 euro 2 on dutch plates
he goes in to london twice a week on returning from europe
still no fines as yet and hes had the truck about 5yrs
so theres your answer

Daf Man 480:
a mate of mine runs a scania 530 euro 2 on dutch plates
he goes in to london twice a week on returning from europe
still no fines as yet and hes had the truck about 5yrs
so theres your answer

Theres your answer, get some foreign plates off Ebay, ignore any enforcement officers, not difficult as they only speak Swahili or Urdu

Regarding the LEZ, I think it something like pre 1973 vehicles are exempt so get the old atki out the corner of the yard and drive it through centre of London. By the way there are alreedy plans to increase the Strictness of the LEZ in 2015 or 2016, where only euro 4 engines and above will pass, and vehicle older with particulate traps wont. So you pay £5000 or thereabouts for a exhaust trap, pay to have it serviced every year and it will be not worth scrap value come 2015/2016. I’d be interested to see if it increases fuel consumption as I understand it does despite what manufacturers say! Oh and you run the chance of getting it nicked too! Running into London for me (Midlands) is not worth the hassle, either you have to have a £5000 exhaust or pay £200 a day just to sit in endless traffic, looking up at the planes throwing out millions of tons of emissions from their untaxed fuel and then get a parking fine!

I’m sorry you feel this way over our capital, but your one less motor in my way by not being there. As for 2015/16 the Tfl gang assured me they have no plans. I didn’t believe them. I’m all piped up & if they want to steel it the sons of dogs may leave my fuel tank alone…

hi john boy, got the invite to TFL building for a seminar with vosa, tfl and lez, vosa bit all very interesting, tfl bit wanted to sign you up for the FORS scheme not to bad, but the lez geezer was a joke the boys ripped into him and he could’nt wait to get out of the room, but he did say and this was strait out of the horses mouth that they have no plans for euro 5 yet at all in 2015 they have to wait and until the big cheese in brussels demands it, it was hilarious when i said to him how come everyone in europe is getting a government grant to pay for their exhausts and us brit scum aint!!!. regards paul.

I really don’t think dropping £6k on an exhaust filter is the way to go to be honest, i’d chop it in for a newer motor. It’s pretty obvious they will ramp it up to euro 5 then euro 6 as soon as they can.

As I said they don’t plan to increase it to euro 5 in 2015/2016, just to only allow vehicles which meet euro 4 emission levels on all emissions, not just particulate levels, so in 4 years time your particulate trap will be scrap.

Well if you get another four years out of your truck for £5 - £6 grand how bads that . Still a lot cheaper than buying a Euro 4 or 5 . I am talking about 8 x 4s , Volvo,Scania,etc . You can still sell it for export or to the rest of the UK which isn’t under the same regulations. Although I did read somewhere that they are planning to make other big cities follow the Lez pattern by then .

Silver_Surfer:
I really don’t think dropping £6k on an exhaust filter is the way to go to be honest, i’d chop it in for a newer motor. It’s pretty obvious they will ramp it up to euro 5 then euro 6 as soon as they can.

That was an option but as I don’t run a 6x2 midlift supermarket type rollerskate I decided I’d put a fat lez exhaust on my current rattler. Its not over obvious to Me as they say & as germangeezer says its yet to be decided…

Incidently if I’m still creeping around in my current contraption in 2015/2016 please shoot me…

animalmanphil:
As I said they don’t plan to increase it to euro 5 in 2015/2016, just to only allow vehicles which meet euro 4 emission levels on all emissions, not just particulate levels, so in 4 years time your particulate trap will be scrap.

How long do you think I plan on keeping it animalmanphil?? In 4 years time the whole thing will be basking in the sun with a choice of exhausts…

Roller265:
Well if you get another four years out of your truck for £5 - £6 grand how bads that . Still a lot cheaper than buying a Euro 4 or 5 . I am talking about 8 x 4s , Volvo,Scania,etc . You can still sell it for export or to the rest of the UK which isn’t under the same regulations. Although I did read somewhere that they are planning to make other big cities follow the Lez pattern by then .

I’m liking the cut of your job Roller265, yes 5 or 6k is a lump of dough but running off to get an overpriced 07 lorry could cost a whole lot more by the time its liveried & fettled to being something I can work with…

germangeezer:
hi john boy, got the invite to TFL building for a seminar with vosa, tfl and lez, vosa bit all very interesting, tfl bit wanted to sign you up for the FORS scheme not to bad, but the lez geezer was a joke the boys ripped into him and he could’nt wait to get out of the room, but he did say and this was strait out of the horses mouth that they have no plans for euro 5 yet at all in 2015 they have to wait and until the big cheese in brussels demands it, it was hilarious when i said to him how come everyone in europe is getting a government grant to pay for their exhausts and us brit scum aint!!!. regards paul.

I hope you wore a disguise Paul…lol

I’ve registered for FORS quite a bit back, I get bombarded with e-mails but unlike yourself & a few others I know with a few lorries I have’nt been visited yet, Diamond who has about 15 had the visit yesterday just the usual waffle over checking licences H&S etc etc, so now He’ll be a bronze member, I’ll keep me head down & plod on with my shiny new pipe up the cab. I did hear the continentals where getting a hand setting up, I priced a trap in Denmark to fit to mine but it was even dearer than here with the £ being bobbins.

I was supposed to be on the Crossrail drivers induction today as I’ve been pulled for overvisiting but they could’nt fit me on (not physically) but no spaces. They reckon its 8hrs FFS, have any of your lads been on it yet?? Off mountain biking instead though…

yeh ive had all the boys do the c/rail induction john, its 7 hours long we did it at the crossrail offices at their site in farringdon road, its 5 hours about how not to kill cyclists, 1 hour about fuel consumption and 1 hour about terrorists!!! wot a crock of ■■■■, still it counts as 7 hours of your driver cpc training another crock of ■■■■!!! i dont know why im bothering john ive got he pox with the game big time now!