Tfl con................

Just returned from holiday & had 3 quotes arrived by e-mail for the fitting of a new exhaust to allow me to penatrate the inner ring of hell (London Village)

Bearing in mind my vehicle has a factory fitted upright exhaust & all 3 quotes say that they’ll just be fitting to my standard Volvo stack support…

Eminox want £7510,70 plus VAT & are offering me 1 free filter clean when required :open_mouth:

Volvo want £6700ish plus VAT & there contraption I assume is an Eminox but with a Volvo sticker on & also requires its filter to be cleaned/serviced…

HJS want £5100 fitted & say you can clean its filter yourself in your own bathroom…

This has got to be the biggest swindle in road transport ever, I thought speed limiters where a rip off but FFS this is really taking the ■■■■…

couldnt agree more john boy, best quote ive had is £5900 from volvo with 5 of the ■■■■■■ things to do ive got the right pox with it all, dont know what im gonna do yet, what with this and that other poxy other con charge every day at a tenner someone is aving a right laugh at us

Five FFS thats shocking Paul. I reckon its gonna add value to an old motor but not for very long. Given the Cross Rail & all thats going on down there & more importantly the fact that ■■■■ alls going on elsewhere I’m gonna have to splash the cash but I’m not happy, if you told me I needed a gearbox & it was 5 large I’d say fine but a ■■■■■■■ exhaust thats got "Rob me " all over it at 5k is a tad rich…

I’m sure you’ll have some buying power if you want/need 5 of them but 25k is some coin. I was talking to Ray at Intersped last week he’s just virtually given a euro 3 Daf away as his spots in the zone but He says half of them doing groupage round The Smoke that He uses are’nt Euro 3 even!!!

Makes Me wonder wether its all worth the mither TBH with you…

the one thing, im trying to find out is,

once you’ve spent thousands converting, i take it that brings you to euro 4 standards, but on the tfl web site vehicle checker, all it says is that euro 4 vehicles are valid after jan 2012, (at the moment).

so when will they move the goalposts again…? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think but don’t quote me its 2016…

I’m just curious to know at what price would you say it’s too much to carry on?

£8k?
£10k?
£15k?
£20k?
£50k?

You’re never going to see this money back and unless you’re in a very niche market with exceedingly good monies to be made, you’re not going to be able to pass the cost onto your customers either. Where are going to draw the line, or are you just going to continue swallowing all the crap that the various “authorities” keep throwing at you?

Personally I think that anyone lining up with their cash to have their arses shafted by TFL are off their ■■■■■■■ rockers at the prices being quoted.

twisterboy:

once you’ve spent thousands converting, i take it that brings you to euro 4 standards, but on the tfl web site vehicle checker, all it says is that euro 4 vehicles are valid after jan 2012, (at the moment).

28th Sept 2014. Euro 4 / 5

Rob K:
I’m just curious to know at what price would you say it’s too much to carry on?

£8k?
£10k?
£15k?
£20k?
£50k?

You’re never going to see this money back and unless you’re in a very niche market with exceedingly good monies to be made, you’re not going to be able to pass the cost onto your customers either. Where are going to draw the line, or are you just going to continue swallowing all the crap that the various “authorities” keep throwing at you?

Personally I think that anyone lining up with their cash to have their arses shafted by TFL are off their [zb] rockers at the prices being quoted.

Probably get shafted for 6k Rob either that or update to a Euro 4 by the end of the year, just going to see how the mop flops, would’nt dream of doing it if I was on general haulage money though. Bit too young to retire TBH with you…unfortunately.

trucking:

twisterboy:

28th Sept 2014. Euro 4 / 5

Thanks for that I was’nt over sure, as for the goalposts they’ll just keep moving them I’d have said…

Just a thought as i’m not sure where your based, but for folk not based in London would it be worth just paying the charge if you only go on occasions on the basis it stays at £200 a day for the price of say the Volvo conversion that equates to 33.5 days!
I know its not the best but if you only go say once a month that would see you right for a couple of years or until you could upgrade your truck.
Do we think that the transport industry will stick together and put an extra charge on, will it hell as like!!

Just been quoted £5426 + vat!!! by Volvo, for an Eminox upright.

4 to 5 week lead time.

The plot thickens…

Got my Volvo written quote here Goaty = £7185.48 plus VAT, I use Thomas Hardies, whats your local agent ■■ Incidently I rang Tfl this week & was assured that they have’nt even started discussing Euro 5 dates yet…

Volvo Truck and Bus, Ipswich I think (used to be Duffields), I very rarely go in there.

Another O/D I know has been quoted £5k by Volvo agent, MC Truck &Bus at Witham.

Does anybody have a link to the proposed 2014/Euro5 deadline?

Cheers Goaty, I’ll have a pop over my price on Monday. If Euro 4 is OK for say the next 5 years its a tad easier getting your coin back off a trap than if its only untill 2014, either way its still bollox…