Cheapest way thru Manhattan

Ok I’m trying to find out which bridge/tunnel I can use with a empty 48ft tanker coming from Queens going down south on the Jersey TPK. I’ve met other drivers there saying they can go thru Manhattan w/o paying tolls coming from Brooklyn and I have a good load around the I278-I495 intersection I’d like to keep but the Verrazano bridge is draining my pocket!
Does anyone know which bridge or route I can get away with? Williamsburg Bridge to the Holland Tunnel or maybe Queens Midtown Tunnel then straight to Lincoln Tunnel? Thx for any help

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

ALEXX, ALEXX, question for you here. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

You could try this, its free.
Theres no duty free on it anymore though
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yellins.co.uk/woolwichferry/

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

Better still ask American Truck Drivers…
truck.net/bbsmain/ plenty on there should have the answer

but any way Welcome to TruckNet UK

JerryRig:
Ok I’m trying to find out which bridge/tunnel I can use with a empty 48ft tanker coming from Queens going down south on the Jersey TPK. I’ve met other drivers there saying they can go thru Manhattan w/o paying tolls coming from Brooklyn and I have a good load around the I278-I495 intersection I’d like to keep but the Verrazano bridge is draining my pocket!
Does anyone know which bridge or route I can get away with? Williamsburg Bridge to the Holland Tunnel or maybe Queens Midtown Tunnel then straight to Lincoln Tunnel? Thx for any help

Welcome to Trucknet UK Jerry, but the mind boggles that you are worrying about how to get from Queens to the Jersey Turnpike after apparently successfully crossing the Atlantic! :open_mouth: .You don’t post a location so I assume, you are UK based aren’t you? :laughing:

Only joking mate, we do have many US based members on here and I’m sure you’ll get some help soon :wink: .

Salut, David.

WELCOME…Jerry…by Queens i would assume you mean Buckingham Palace…so go along the embankment…and through the Blackwall Tunnel…you can then go down the M2 to Dover…and into the Holland Tunnel via France and Belgium… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hope you get your directions sorted…but dont leave the engine running…fuel is expensive as it is… :wink: :wink:

Spardo:
You don’t post a location so I assume, you are UK based aren’t you? :laughing:

What, with a name like JerryRig :question:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Yeah, alright…

Rob K:

Spardo:

JerryRig, Is that a Mercedes? :stuck_out_tongue:

i wonder if he could show me the way to amorillo

Please dont start insulting our American cousins or we may have to YANK this thread :sunglasses: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Rob K:

Spardo:

JerryRig, Is that a Mercedes? :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: PMSL

No trucks allowed in the tunnels anymore, and if your tanker has placards, surface streets in most of the 5 boroughs is also not permitable. no, if you are truly dead-set against paying any bridge tolls from LI to NJ, you have to take the 59th street bridge over to manhatan, down 3rd ave south to 57th street, to either 8th or 11th avenue, then go allllll the way up past harlem, until you get on the CBX and take the GWB int jersey for free. Several people in the US site could tell you the same thing.

BTW, both the Williamsburg and the Throg’s Neck bridges are cheaper than the ‘gangplank’ is, but they also send you over to the GWB, and dump you at Ft. Lee. The NJTP tolls down to New Brunswick alone destroy any savings you’ll make.

AlexxInNY:
No trucks allowed in the tunnels anymore, and if your tanker has placards, surface streets in most of the 5 boroughs is also not permitable. no, if you are truly dead-set against paying any bridge tolls from LI to NJ, you have to take the 59th street bridge over to manhatan, down 3rd ave south to 57th street, to either 8th or 11th avenue, then go allllll the way up past harlem, until you get on the CBX and take the GWB int jersey for free.

Yeah, that’s what I was going to say. :wink: :smiley:

Thanks for that definitive reply Alexx. The poor bloke,s been parked up for 4 days waiting for the good oil. :laughing:
As for me, I’ve printed off your info just in case… :wink:

On a serious note, if Jerry is still monitoring after all the ribbing, I’m sure you have given him valuable information.

Salut, David.