Change address Driver card

I have moved and need to change address on my drivercard anyone know if you can download a form . I did manage to find one on dvla site but got to wait a few days for them to send it then a few days for me to send it back to them.
Anyone know of a better quicker way please. Thankyou. Paul

From what I gather there is no legal reason that you must change the address on the digicard but if you want to then …
dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/medi … D777B.ashx - section b

You can collect a form from your VOSA testing station or your local DVLA office and that will speed things up a bit, as you won’t be waiting for the form to arrive.
Bear in mind that you will also have to change the details on your driving licence too, as the two must correspond and the fine is a hefty one for non-compliance.
The DVLA are pretty quick at turning round driver cards, normally about 5 days turnaround.

Thanks Tiger I never thought of that I have had a lot on . :smiley:

Hiya …i’am certain you can print off all the DVLA forms now…i’ve printed off quite a few forms in the
last year no problem… i even did my passport this year online…somethings do get easier.
good luck
John

You don’t have to update the address on a digicard, just wait until it is due to expire.

Harry Monk:
You don’t have to update the address on a digicard, just wait until it is due to expire.

This^ No benefit to changing the address on it, same expiry date. Wait until it needs renewing.

Thanks everybody it was just that I thought you had to change address on both licence and drivercard too.
Dont want to get pulled thats all. Thanks :slight_smile:

BAXTER BOY:
Thanks everybody it was just that I thought you had to change address on both licence and drivercard too.
Dont want to get pulled thats all. Thanks :slight_smile:

As long as you have changed the address on your licence the renewal form for the digi, when it is due, will come to your new address. They go by the one on the licence not the card at renewal time.

Just one thing to add to this, if you do change the address on your digicard they don’t post the new one to you, you will have to go and collect it from a nominated VOSA office or test centre.

Harry Monk:
Just one thing to add to this, if you do change the address on your digicard they don’t post the new one to you, you will have to go and collect it from a nominated VOSA office or test centre.

That’s changed now Harry, I believe it was in August, and they now send it to your home address. The latest version of the form doesn’t have a section for nominating a collection place.

dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/medi … D777B.ashx

Ah ok, I stand corrected.

got my renewal in on saturday.can be done over the phone and they can post it out to you. :slight_smile:

All sorted now thankyou. :sunglasses: Paul