Digi Tach and change of address

Hi guys, maybe i’ve been up far too long, but can’t seem to bring anything up on the search about this. So apologies if i’m repeating a question :sunglasses:

We’re set to be moving house (when this one sells all being well touch wood!) and just wondering what the state of play is with changing address on mine and my dads digi cards. Do we fill out a form, send it off and they (dvla/vosa or whoever) post us a new card, or as i seem to remember someone saying, we have to go to the nearest Vosa testing station to collect them?

Many thanks for the help!

Cheers

Stu

DIGI CARD FORM (Print in colour only)
Fill it in - send it off - DO NOT SEND YOUR CURRENT CARD
Exchange cards at selected VOSA station
Make sure card being handed in has been downloaded first

You only send/receive digi card through the post if it’s damaged/faulty.

I did mine a while back ring DVL up and they will send you the form fill it it with your new address and the vosa office or testing station local to you this info is in the form. DON’T send your present digi card keep on using it as normal. .they will send you a letter saying when it will be available mine was five weeks after i got the letter. I took print offs every day for a record of driving has the new digi comes with no info of any previous driving info.
Forgot you can only do your digi card after you have changed address on your normal driving license

So as I moved in March and still not got round to changing my Digicard, whats gonna happen to me ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lycanthrope:
So as I moved in March and still not got round to changing my Digicard, whats gonna happen to me ? :stuck_out_tongue:

opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20061937.htm
Nothing about an offence of having a card with an out of date address in the above link - unless there has been something added since then…

Good point, your licence and digi card go to different departments. Either send your licence off a few days ahead of the application for the new digicard or wait til your licence is back first. If your digicard goes to the digi section and the address has not yet been changed on your driver file (from your licence) then they will refuse the application as it wont match the address on your licence. Not the best system but hey thats life.

Lycanthrope:

Nothing, you can keep using that card until it is due for renewal if you wish.

Coffeeholic:

Lycanthrope:

fabulous, so why would anyone else want to bother changing the address on theirs ? :confused:

you certanly can carry on using it i moved 12 months ago changed licence but not digi card no problems with all the tm or agencys whom have viewed it

Lycanthrope:

Coffeeholic:

Lycanthrope:

fabulous, so why would anyone else want to bother changing the address on theirs ? :confused:

I only changed mine because I go over the water and I wasn’t sure how the foreign authorities viewed the licence and digi card having different addresses. I can usually find plenty to argue about with them so didn’t really need anything else. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sooper dooper, thanks for the replies!

So usual long wait from the DVLA then :unamused: - Where i’ll be moving to, will probably be Shrewsbury Vosa station which isn’t a million miles away, so not too sad. Was just unclear on if they post it to me or have to swap…

But after reading stories of ■■■■ ups from the DVLA, i’ll be definatly taking photocopies of the pink DL and counterpart so i dont loose any catagories randomly!

Lycanthrope:

sod all :laughing: i just got a rhides card using a diff addy on my licence and digi card… told port old bill it had diff addys but he said its ok…

I got pulled by the VOStapo a couple of months ago and after checking my licence, charts and they asked for my digi card (even though i had provided 28 days worth of charts) I was warned that I could be done for an out of date address on my digi card. (i didn’t argue because they weren’t doing me for anything).

I got the forms, changed my address and found It harder to get my new card than all of the above, I had to try to get to the designated VOSA office to sign for my new card DURING THEIR ■■■■■■ OFFICE HOURS despite being a tramper, so only just made it because of a fault on my unit that took me home and was able to pick up my new card before it was sent back to their head orifice…

Opening hours 9 - 5 MON to FRI, it just shows that they have no understanding of the industry that they are supposed to be policing. :imp:

schrodingers cat:
I got pulled by the VOStapo a couple of months ago and after checking my licence, charts and they asked for my digi card (even though i had provided 28 days worth of charts) I was warned that I could be done for an out of date address on my digi card. (i didn’t argue because they weren’t doing me for anything).

They were talking out their arse, you should have just ignored them.

schrodingers cat:
I got the forms, changed my address and found It harder to get my new card than all of the above, I had to try to get to the designated VOSA office to sign for my new card DURING THEIR ■■■■■■ OFFICE HOURS despite being a tramper, so only just made it because of a fault on my unit that took me home and was able to pick up my new card before it was sent back to their head orifice.

Opening hours 9 - 5 MON to FRI, it just shows that they have no understanding of the industry that they are supposed to be policing. :imp:

Same thing happened to me when I changed mine, they keep it at the office for two months and I managed to get there and get it with 3 days left before they sent it back.

If you check your local testing station some open Saturday morning. I picked mine up on the Saturday.

Re. exchanging digi cards at a VOSA site, I am sure i read on here some were, that they will copy the info off the old one to the new, did i just imagine i read, that or is that what they do?

ajdavis64:
Re. exchanging digi cards at a VOSA site, I am sure i read on here some were, that they will copy the info off the old one to the new, did i just imagine i read, that or is that what they do?

They don’t do that.

Coffeeholic:

ajdavis64:

They don’t do that.

So I take it, that it’s the card owners responsibilty to print out the last 28 days then. also on that point, if i dont use the card or drive a truck for 3 months would i still need to keep a record?
Sorry not 100% on new rules these days.
Thanks.

ajdavis64:

Coffeeholic:

ajdavis64:

They don’t do that.

So I take it, that it’s the card owners responsibilty to print out the last 28 days then.

No, you don’t need to printout anything you just have to make sure the card has been downloaded before exchanging it.

ajdavis64:
also on that point, if i dont use the card or drive a truck for 3 months would i still need to keep a record?

If you haven’t used the card or driven a truck for three months there is nothing to keep a record of also anything you did on the digi three months ago should already have been downloaded.