New digi card question

Moved house recently so had to send off for a new digital card and licence. They came in the post this morning :smiley:

Anyway I was wondering, I have to send my old card back but what can I do about the data on the card is might need if stopped by VOSA?

only done 2 days driving on digi in the last 28 days, and don’t know when I’ll next be driving a digital vehicle as I’m on agency… (tho apparently start a more permanent / full time job with them next week)

There should have been a pre paid envelope in with your card for you to return it. Make sure it has been downloaded by whoever you have worked for before you do so, it should have been already if you are agency and not a frequent visitor to the company.

You don’t need to worry about keeping it for VOSA in case you are stopped. The 28 day thing applies to charts and any required manual records, not to digi cards. The regulations only require you to produce your card, they don’t specify how many days data must be on the card. You get stopped on the first day you are working after receiving your new card, produce the card when asked and you have met your obligations.

I knew you’d be the first to reply coffee, thanks :slight_smile:

Yes it did come with an envelope to send it back.

Not sure I worded the OP very well, shall I wait to see if I’m in a digi truck next week and do a printout for the 2 days work?

I’m hoping this ‘permanent / long term’ thing with this company is going to work out and not just the agency being full of ■■■■. But shall I get my old card downloaded when I have my induction on Tuesday before I post it back to the DVLA?

Just to remind you, that you do not need to change the address on a digital card until it either expires or snaps. You can even have a different photo on it to your new driving licence in some circumstances.

When I changed mine I had to collect it from VOSA in Derby and leave my old card with them

Wheel Nut:
Just to remind you, that you do not need to change the address on a digital card until it either expires or snaps. You can even have a different photo on it to your new driving licence in some circumstances.

When I changed mine I had to collect it from VOSA in Derby and leave my old card with them

Thats good to know i’v got my Mrs photo on my digi card

matt3903:
I knew you’d be the first to reply coffee, thanks :slight_smile:

Yes it did come with an envelope to send it back.

Not sure I worded the OP very well, shall I wait to see if I’m in a digi truck next week and do a printout for the 2 days work?

No need, those printouts will be worthless. As long as it was downloaded after the 2 shifts you did just send it back now.

matt3903:
But shall I get my old card downloaded when I have my induction on Tuesday before I post it back to the DVLA?

If that is who you did the shifts for and they haven’t already downloaded it then you could if it was different companies you did the work for then it them who must download it.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me :smiley: