So now I have two digi cards

As some of you might remember from some of my previous posts here, I moved house and kindly asked DVLA to change addresses on my counterpart licence and my digi card.

Both came back with address spelled incorrectly (and each of the documents had different errors in it!), and I returned both, keeping my old card to use it. They changed address on my license, but send back the card saying that they need some proof of my new address. So I send it back to them again with the newly corrected license. They send it back saying that I need to fill the form, so I filled the form and send it all to them again.

They sent it back to me, saying that my “application is just processed” and they are sending my new card with wrong address to me so I can use it until they send me the next one.

So now I have two cards - one old card with old address which I am allowed to use until the new one with (correct) new address arrives, and the new one with wrong address and I have it in writting that I can use that one as well :smiley:

Moreover, they sent me another form in separate letter asking me to apply for new card. Do you think I have chance to have three of them? :smiley:

Btw: when I move house, I have one month to notify DVLA about changes. It seems that three months it’s not enough for them to update their database correctly.

You don’t need to change the address on your digi card when you move house, you can just wait until it expires. As long as you have changed address on your licence you will still get the reminder sent to you when your digi card renewal is due, they go by your licence address not your digi card address.

There is no requirement to have the same address on both cards.

When they issued the new card with the mistake in the address your old card with your old address should have been cancelled. So even though it will still work if you get stopped it could be a problem as you might be using a cancelled card.

orys:
As some of you might remember from some of my previous posts here, I moved house and kindly asked DVLA to change addresses on my counterpart licence and my digi card.

Both came back with address spelled incorrectly (and each of the documents had different errors in it!), and I returned both, keeping my old card to use it. They changed address on my license, but send back the card saying that they need some proof of my new address. So I send it back to them again with the newly corrected license. They send it back saying that I need to fill the form, so I filled the form and send it all to them again.

They sent it back to me, saying that my “application is just processed” and they are sending my new card with wrong address to me so I can use it until they send me the next one.

So now I have two cards - one old card with old address which I am allowed to use until the new one with (correct) new address arrives, and the new one with wrong address and I have it in writting that I can use that one as well :smiley:

Moreover, they sent me another form in separate letter asking me to apply for new card. Do you think I have chance to have three of them? :smiley:

Btw: when I move house, I have one month to notify DVLA about changes. It seems that three months it’s not enough for them to update their database correctly.

£-.99

Coffeeholic:
You don’t need to change the address on your digi card when you move house, you can just wait until it expires. As long as you have changed address on your licence you will still get the reminder sent to you when your digi card renewal is due, they go by your licence address not your digi card address.

You are wrong on this one - the reminder (as this is the third paperwork as I just noticed) came to the new address with all the errors on it as appeared on my digicard, not to my new address as on my driving license…

Also today came the new card :wink: So at this moment I have three cards at my place - old address, new address wrongly spelled an new one correctly spelled, and the reminder with wrongly spelled addrees pre-printed on the forms :wink:

I know a man with a load of hanging beef with a bit of plate steel on the floor that needs to be in Barcelona tomorrow - you interested ? :laughing:

Sorry I forgot -
THINK OF THE CHILDREN before you answer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

beefy4605:
I know a man with a load of hanging beef with a bit of plate steel on the floor that needs to be in Barcelona tomorrow - you interested ? :laughing:

hahaha :wink:

orys:

Coffeeholic:

You are wrong on this one - the reminder (as this is the third paperwork as I just noticed) came to the new address with all the errors on it as appeared on my digicard, not to my new address as on my driving license…

Also today came the new card :wink: So at this moment I have three cards at my place - old address, new address wrongly spelled an new one correctly spelled, and the reminder with wrongly spelled addrees pre-printed on the forms :wink:

That’s why they cost so much we have to pay for their incompetence.

orys:

Coffeeholic:

You are wrong on this one

I didn’t change my address on my digi card the last time I moved in October 2010 but I did change my licence to my new address. The reminder for the renewal of my digi card came to my new address a couple of months before it expired on 30th June 2011. I know two or three other drivers who have done the same when they moved and the renewal came to the address on the licence. Maybe your situation is different because you have been talking directly to them. The fact is there is no legal requirement to change the address on your digi when you move house in the same way there is for your licence.

Coffeeholic:

orys:

Coffeeholic:

I didn’t change my address on my digi card the last time I moved in October 2010 but I did change my licence to my new address. The reminder for the renewal of my digi card came to my new address a couple of months before it expired on 30th June 2011. I know two or three other drivers who have done the same when they moved and the renewal came to the address on the licence. Maybe your situation is different because you have been talking directly to them. The fact is there is no legal requirement to change the address on your digi when you move house in the same way there is for your licence.

I wasn’t telling you are wrong with legal requirement, I just pointed that in my case at least, the reminder came to the address given on the card, not on the license.

orys:

Coffeeholic:

orys:

Coffeeholic:

I wasn’t telling you are wrong with legal requirement, I just pointed that in my case at least, the reminder came to the address given on the card, not on the license.

I think that must be because you have been speaking to them Under normal circumstances it will come to the address on the licence.

Coffeeholic:
I think that must be because you have been speaking to them Under normal circumstances it will come to the address on the licence.

Or maybe something has changed together with other changes recently?

orys:

Coffeeholic:

Or maybe something has changed together with other changes recently?

A friend of mine got his renewal about 3 weeks ago and he hasn’t changed the address on his digi card since he moved a couple of years ago. It came directly to his current address, the one on his licence. So if it has change3d it was very recent.