Cat converter deadline approaches!

ANY HELP ON THIS ONE■■? I OWN A 51 PLATE DAF 75 ROAD TRAIN AND IT NEEDS A CAT CONVERTER TO GO INTO LONDON BY JAN 2012. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD COMPANIES WHO CAN FIT ONE ,AND HOW MUCH?

Any help on this one■■? I own a 51 plate DAF 75 road train and it needs a cat converter to go into London by Jan 2012. Does anyone know of any good companies who can fit one ,and how much?

I fixed your capslock for you, and I’ve moved your topic to where I think it will receive answers from those who can help. dd. :wink: :smiley:

£4K! A guy I know has just had one fitted by his local Volvo dealer, it is a straight swap for the manufacturer exhaust, with the addition of a small sensor and a electronic box fitted to the wing. Aparently it has a filter inside that needs cleaning or replacing periodically.

You need one of these

$40grands worth, it has urea injection and makes a totally emission free engine conform to EPA10 rules which require EGR, a DPF and SCR combined. The exhaust gas coming out of the pipe is cleaner than the air that goes in the air filter :open_mouth:

Not sure where you are based but the first of our DAF 95s has gone in this week for conversion.

It’s being done at Adams Morey portsmouth who are the DAF agents for southern hampshire.

I’m sure a figure of 4k ish was mentioned but a quick call to them would no doubt give the answer.

I don’t know if it’s a DAF conversion or they just twirling the spanners.

Cheers
Neilf