Cat C Test (Today)

PANTS!!

Failed I’m afraid with 3x Serious errors, all the same thing and it’s all my own stupid fault. Pulling off at roundabouts I made the same mistake 3 times

Other than that everything was much as I had expected, there were nerves yes but not too bad. The rain didn’t help much because thats the first time I have driven the thing in the wet. Questions were all fine - the controlled stop next & that was fine - we then head out as the reversing area was busy, we can do the reverse when we get back the examiner says.

Were off and left out of the test center and up towards the A1 first junction is a mini-roundabout - fine, next roundabout was a Right turn I think, again fine. Next roundabout and I pull up as its a little busy, were doing a left turn - Im sure this Black MPV is shaping up to turn left and make my move - Sheesh hes coming round - mirror, panick - did he have to slow down? maybe I can’t tell - did he? oh bum! the examiner didnt respond at allas far as I could tell - did I get away with it? maybe, just maybe.

The examiner didn’t really pick his papers up for about the first 20 mins or so So Im still not sure in my own mind what the score is with the roundabout incident. To be completely honest I dont recall the other 2 roundabout incidents happening, as far as I was concerned all the other junctions and roundabouts were fine? Obviously not. Anyway as far as I was concerned I was still uncertain as to whether I was a pass or fail as we got back to the test center. When we got back the examiner set me up for the reverse and I do that bit fine. Then its crunch time and “I’m sorry to tell you” bit. I was gutted and could have cried honestly - Jeff came over as I had requested that he be party to the examiners run down of how things went - there were 11 faults in all with 3 of them being serious.

Well that was that and I had no stomach for hanging around for another couple of hours until the other guy on Cat C test had had his go so Jeff kindly got me a lift back to the school in the artic as the guy only had the one early test and was heading back (The artic driver had failed too & it was his first go) the cab on the way back wasnt a bundle of laughs let me tell you.

So I’m feeling OK about it now, I think the wife is more upset than I am to be honest. I just want to get back out there and have another go now. Trouble is L&T reckon it might be 4 weeks or so!! This afternoon I will ring round some schools this afternoon to see if anyone can get me a test sooner.

Well thanks for all the support it is appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul.

A very interesting read! you could have put it all on the same thread but not too worry mate!

It sounds like you were unlucky
but remember, not many pass their first time!
Keep at it, You will pass!

An interesting read and sorry to hear you failed but now you have had the test experience I’m sure you will sail through next time. Good luck.

Oh well unlucky Bepto,you have a good atitude from reading your test day report :wink:
My moneys on you passing next time m8.

Bad luck Bepto. Get out there and try again matey. Bet you will be ok next time. x

Hi bepto

Sorry to hear you failed, i feel for ya m8. I start my lessons soon, im nervous as hell :laughing:. Good luck for the retest.

Cheers
Matt

First of all, Sorry Bepto

I didnt realise that the reversing exercise could be postponed till the end of the test.
That is a shame because Margie, who I hope I never meet! (22 stone, 6’ 2’’ with tattoos) failed because of nerves.
He probably would have passed after a 40 minute drive had calmed him down.

Back to Bepto, Did I miss something, what was the fault on the roundabouts? had you had problems in this area before?

I think that is the difference between a good instructor, they know what you need more work on, Nerves obviously come into it but the examiners are human and know the difference between nerves and a serious fault.

Again sorry to hear your bad news. Maybe the examiner had a bad day if there were 2 of you failed

Sorry to hear that news, here’s to a pass next time.

Bad luck mate. I failed C+E twice with the same fault :blush: :blush: Despite the fact that I was worried about being too hesitant or not making enough progress I now know that you have to wait at roundabouts and junctions until you are 101% sure it is OK to go. If it takes all day so be it :slight_smile:
Don’t worry about it - go again and I bet you do it next time Good luck!

Hi. Sorry to hear that you didnt pass as i know when i recently took my class 2 that i was anxious before but knew in my mind that i shuld pass. The thing that concerns me is the amount of time spent training for the test.
I was an inexperienced driver as far as large vehicles were concerned and after my assesment of 20mins, i was told it was not too bad at all and that a 7 day course would be appropriate. ie 6 days shared training with a test on day 7. The training days seemed a lot longer than yours also. starting at 8am till 4.30 ish. Even though this was shared driving, when another student wasnt available i still got the full day.
Also, when sharing, you get to observe and learn from other peoples driving.
This course cost me £850 ish and i was fortunate enough to pass first time with 4 minors. I took the test at a place called Weedon, its riddled with roundabouts and i can empathise with the trouble at roundabouts at i suffered also. You really do need to convince yourself that its perfectly clear, as if you think you can make it in time and go your wrong. You should know you can make it in time and only go then.

Sorry if this is muddled but ive been to the pub tonight.
Cheers all.

Bad luck Paul :frowning:

I’ve tried for my class2 several times and failed, that was with a previous employer, so I’m still on 7.5. I know how frustrating and painful it is is to fail :frowning:

The most helpful thing I’ve been told is by a pal who passed his test, and that was to drive the 7.5 like the larger stuff, and to do everything “by the book”

It seems to work well, but it’s usually first thing in the morning when i forget :blush: :blush:

I failed first on the reversing, which was a nuicance, then other times it was just nerves, which are always shot on these things!

Good luck for your next one, you’ll get there… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I will too :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

sorry to hear that bepto, i passed my class 2 first time…but then when straight onto class 1 and did’nt even get out the test centre mate…if you read the class 1 training diary thread its all in there mate.

everyone is right you just gotta pick yourself up dust yourself down and get back there and have another go. i got my class 1test again a week on tuesday mate. let us know how you get on…and good luck with the next one i really hope you pass mate :wink: :laughing:

Oh Bepto, I am so sorry you didnt make it… :frowning: This Time!!.. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

But as has already been said, by Coffee… At least you now know what to expect… None of the best drivers pass first time… I failed my first back in Feb for the reverse, same as Margate…

But as margate has quite rightly said, its a matter of getting up, and dusting yourself down… Get back out there, and you’ll fly it next time…

What were the other minors for mate??.. You have really got to watch those roundabouts mate… ‘If in Doubt - DONT PULL OUT!!’… that what was said to me… it doesnt matter if you sit there for 20 mins… if you cant go, dont go… The examiner knows the score, and if he has had enough of sitting there, he will say something like… “Okay, driver, pull out when ya can safely…” this gives you the go ahead to gently edge out, and make the others coming round the roundabout give you a chance… But until he does… you just sit there…

But dont worry about it… chin up mate, next time buddy, next time… :wink: :wink:

Bad Luck mate…but remember, all the best drivers pass second time!!! :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

(I took car, Class 2, and Class 1 twice… :sunglasses: )

Bepto:
PANTS!!

Next roundabout and I pull up as its a little busy, were doing a left turn - Im sure this Black MPV is shaping up to turn left and make my move - Sheesh hes coming round - mirror, panick - did he have to slow down? maybe I can’t tell - did he? oh bum! the examiner didnt respond at allas far as I could tell - did I get away with it? maybe, just maybe.

Cheers,
Paul.

The driver of the MPV didn’t signal and or got in the wrong lane, I don’t really see a problem with you cutting him up as you had no idea he’d be going round the roundabout. The test however is the test and the real world is the real world. The examiner will find every fault he/she possibly can if they fail you to justify the faliure. Better luck next time, don’t let it get you down (I know you will - it’s just natural:wink:) .