Bloody Hell, I Passed!

You’ll have to forgive this post, I just feel the need to dissect the past few days and I figure this is the best place to do it as those of you on here will understand what it’s like.

I managed to pass my Cat C today, with 10 minors yes but a pass is a pass right? I was really suprised seeing as how bad I feel I’ve been all week, especially yesterday with it being the eve of the test. I wasn’t making big mistakes, I had my positioning sorted but I was making so many little errors. Each time I made one I knew I had done it, whether it was forgetting a mirror or leaving the indication too late, undue hesitation at roundabouts seems to be a big thing of mine but I’m hoping now that I’ve passed that will get better with experience.

I went home yesterday afternoon fuming at myself, I honestly felt there was little point even going today if I was obviously not test ready but this morning I got in the cab for a couple of hours driving before the test and finally things seemed to really click (better late than never!).

Nerves certainly got the better of me at the start of the reverse, the one area I felt I had no problem with during the week. When running down the yellow line I lost sight of my wheel, how I do not know but the panic began to creep in. Fortunately I didn’t go over the line and managed to sort myself out completing the rest of the reverse no problem. Then it came to the drive. No more than 3 minutes in I saw blue lights coming up fast behind me and had to get over to the side of the road. That seemed to shake me into focus though and aside from one late signal and once case of lane discipline everything was fine except for going too slow and undue hesitation at some roundabouts :neutral_face: .

Back at the test center I was given the “I’d like to congratulate you on passing” line and I think my reply was a shocked “Really?!” because even though I felt the drive had been ok I was certain I was going to fail regardless. The feeling now that it has all sunk in is great. I often wondered what people were on about on here when they talked about the grin you get after passing but it’s true. On the way back to the yard I looked an awful lot like that —> :grimacing: .

So yeah, just the CPC to do now and then in a few months I should be looking to do my C+E but for the time being I’m just incredibly happy with the result today.

great news well done

Congrats on passing, well done :smiley:

congrats

Well done mate, i agree it’s the best feeling in the world, goodluck in the future :smiley: keep on smiling and crack yourself open a beer or 2 :grimacing:

Well done you passed forget the minors they are minors, rip up the DL25 it’s the pass cert that is the important thing.

Well done mate

The undue hesitation at roundabouts is better than a serious and subsequently a fail.

well done , :sunglasses: im one with a good few minors tooo , but a pass is a pass .

Enjoy the feeling :grimacing:

cheers mike

Congrats on the pass I am starting my training on the 10th march I will hopefully be as happy as u feel on my test day

John

Nice One… :slight_smile:

Congratulations on passing your C test :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yay nice one mate, well done! :slight_smile:

well done :grimacing: don’t worry about the minors, as you said a pass is a pass :exclamation:

Congratulations on the pass

Jen x

Well done

The minors wont be on your licence just the date you passed :laughing:

Pariah87:
I managed to pass my Cat C today, with 10 minors yes but a pass is a pass right?

Hi Pariah87,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

Pariah87:
… but for the time being I’m just incredibly happy with the result today.

I’d be incredibly happy with that too mate. :smiley:

Here’s the best way to look at it: :wink:

animal:
The minors wont be on your licence just the date you passed :laughing:

… and of course, the nice big letter “C” as well. :grimacing:

WELL DONE!

:smiley: :smiley: