Threw my Cat C test being stupid :(

A well deserved fail, cant argue with it :frowning:

Drove from the test centre and alls going well. Happy, relaxed, in control… Pulling up to a roundabout and there is a learner (car) ahead, get asked to take the first exit. Learner does the same so I hang back a bit, swing in and around nice and smooth, over the next roundabout and we are on an uphill section moving toward some lights that have just turned red. I am leaving plenty of room between the learner and our truck, I can see that theres going to be a hill start involved and thats not a problem for me but I did not want the rear view mirror of the other car full of me when trying it. They turn right and I am going left, no problems there, lights are turning amber again as I am manoeuvring so I keep going but start turning a wee bit early … Yes, its a ■■■■■ on my forehead!! I see it happening, Im committed and there is nowhere to go but up on about 2" of kerb, one test fee thrown away. To top it off I then proceed up a road I have driven down a thousand times and find out its a 30 not the 40 I have always thought it was… deerrrr.

My only conciliation is that I knew where and how I had messed up, nothing came as a surprise. But school boy errors :imp:

Got to thank Paul at Hindley Green though, after the time with him the test was a stroll in the park (excluding the stupidity). The only other gripes was the crunching of gears, just cant seem to get my head around Pauls box but they were only 4 minors so not too worried about that… (I know Paul is though whistle)

Hey ho, no yorkie today but soon.

My first C test was full of gear faults as that was my biggest weakness. Just could not get to grips with that 4 over 4 box.

All it took was 3 hours more training 1to1 with targetted retraining and I got it in the bag.

Bad luck for not getting it today. If you can afford the retest and a couple of hours, get Paul to go over the gears again with you until you are confident with them. It made the world of difference to me.

Best of luck. And remember you haven’t failed. You just haven’t quite made the standard today :wink:

■■■■ happens … dont worry mate… you’ll bag it next time .

I have been there too, mate. Failed test due to not keeping my head in order.

On a positive note, you now know what to expect on the next one.

Show me a person who never made a mistake and I will show you a person who never made anything.

All the best for the re-sit.

Alan

Thanks guys, appreciated. Feel more annoyed for letting Paul down tbh. I can live with cocking up, but it was his name on the side of the vehicle that was doing it

dar1976:
Best of luck. And remember you haven’t failed. You just haven’t quite made the standard today :wink:

Nope, I failed :slight_smile: but I deserved to. I have seen the guys going ape because of failing, I know why I did and where I did. That suits me just fine, me and the examiner on the same wavelength has to be a good thing.

What can I say but commiserations? It’s good that you accept where you went wrong. Now get back out there and do it right this time! :wink:

I feel your pain mate, I failed my cat C on fri. I failed twice before I even left the test centre! I hit a cone when reversing and hit the curb exiting the test centre! But I only picked up 6 minors on the road.
Gotta laugh it off and make sure we do it next time, I’m booked in again for thursday. How bout you?

Nate187:
I feel your pain mate, I failed my cat C on fri. I failed twice before I even left the test centre! I hit a cone when reversing and hit the curb exiting the test centre! But I only picked up 6 minors on the road.
Gotta laugh it off and make sure we do it next time, I’m booked in again for thursday. How bout you?

welder:
A well deserved fail, cant argue with it :frowning:

Drove from the test centre and alls going well. Happy, relaxed, in control… Pulling up to a roundabout and there is a learner (car) ahead, get asked to take the first exit. Learner does the same so I hang back a bit, swing in and around nice and smooth, over the next roundabout and we are on an uphill section moving toward some lights that have just turned red. I am leaving plenty of room between the learner and our truck, I can see that theres going to be a hill start involved and thats not a problem for me but I did not want the rear view mirror of the other car full of me when trying it. They turn right and I am going left, no problems there, lights are turning amber again as I am manoeuvring so I keep going but start turning a wee bit early … Yes, its a ■■■■■ on my forehead!! I see it happening, Im committed and there is nowhere to go but up on about 2" of kerb, one test fee thrown away. To top it off I then proceed up a road I have driven down a thousand times and find out its a 30 not the 40 I have always thought it was… deerrrr.

My only conciliation is that I knew where and how I had messed up, nothing came as a surprise. But school boy errors :imp:

Got to thank Paul at Hindley Green though, after the time with him the test was a stroll in the park (excluding the stupidity). The only other gripes was the crunching of gears, just cant seem to get my head around Pauls box but they were only 4 minors so not too worried about that… (I know Paul is though whistle)

Hey ho, no yorkie today but soon.

All the best to ya both for next time :wink: :wink:

Nate187:

Got to wait for a cancellation round here… or 10th April :imp:

Atherton seems to run slow

Hard luck on that one, but at least you learnt from it and know the mistake for next time, better than not knowing where you went wrong, good luck for next time. :slight_smile:

Sad day mate but you will get there :unamused: Atherton was my nightmare too many roundabouts I failed my CE three time on the same bloody roundabout but Paul put me right in the end :wink: who did you have as Examiner ? hope it wasnt the one who wears sunglasses even in the rain :sunglasses: The thing is you know where you went wronge just take your time and you will be fine Pauls a good instructor with loads of patiance and hes also good at getting the cancilations so it may well be before April 8th … :wink:
BEST OF LUCK MATEY
Roy

I had Donna and she was great, really relaxing. Hoping for one soon but it is when it is.

Cant recommend Paul enough, great guy.

iain

You were not stupid just nervous and nerves whilst they help in moderation can make you ■■■■ up if too much :exclamation: Take stock you know where you went wrong you have experience of test situation now and can nail it next time all the best when you get retest and soon you will hear those magic words , dont be so hard on yourself :smiley:

jx

Stop beating yourself up, there will be a queue to do that when you get your licence!
Easy enough for me to say as I’m one of lifes lucky sods, passed all my tests first time and I can honestly say, I didn’t deserve to as I knew I had made mistakes, but maybe I had some sort of luck on my side as they hadn’t passed enough folk that day or some such quirk.
The way to look at it is that YOU ARE ONE TEST NEARER PASSING!

It’s what happens afterwards that makes you a driver or not. Good luck to both of you.

Just look on it as a dress rehearsal.

You’ll get it next time.

Good luck!