cat c passed

passed my cat c on thursday at first attempt,with just 3 minors!! if you live in the midlands i can’t recommend highly enough that you use PETER SMYTHE TRAINING. i had never driven a lgv only vans & 7.5 tons but with a weeks intense training with peter i passed. I have now booked c+e training to start august 6th. having worked as a roofer 32 years before being made redundant i knew i had to change career as the construction industry is on its a##e at the moment i hope it pays off. signed up with various agencys as this seems to be the only way to get work with no experience,so as a newbee to lgv and trucknet here goes!!!

Welcome to the madhouse carlclay brill news on passing congratulations :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: jx

thanks jennie,i will keep you posted on my progress.i will say this site has been a brilliant source of tips and information which has really helped me,so thanks again.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome carlclay :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

carlclay:
passed my cat c on thursday

:smiley: :smiley:

If you are taking it further…
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for CE ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post.

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful - also CV & Interview tips
First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

carlclay:
i can’t recommend highly enough that you use PETER SMYTHE TRAINING.

WHO ■■ !! :wink: :laughing:

I don’t know why I did a post with all this info because I’ll bet you were pointed towards this site within 10 mins of stepping through the doors of that training company :slight_smile:

carlclay:
passed my cat c on thursday at first attempt,with just 3 minors!!

Hi carlclay,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

That was a rather good score, if you don’t mind me saying so. :smiley:

carlclay:
… the construction industry is on its a##e at the moment …

It’s perfectly OK to write “arse” if you want to. :grimacing:
We have an auto-censor that automatically detects banned swear-words and substitutes the letters “zb” in square brackets like this:- [zb].
It doesn’t do that with the word “arse,” so that’s fine.

The best plan is to try a word, then if the auto censor gets it, then it’s not allowed. (You can use the ‘preview’ feature to check :wink: )
It’s when folks try to dodge the auto-censor with stars, @ signs and the like that we manually edit somebody’s post.
And maybe we’ll fire off a PM to those who take the ■■■■. :smiling_imp: (There’s another word that’s allowed.) :wink:

bloody hell,!!! thanks for some amazing congratulation posts.

You deserve the congrats Carl. You also contributed to making history at our training centre. We had a record week for low scores - including 3 clean sheets. Anyone in the trade will know how unlikely that is. God only knows when it’ll happen again!!

All the best for your upgrade, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
We had a record week for low scores - including 3 clean sheets.

Don’t tell me… the ink in the examiners pen ran out … again !! :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously - well done to the trainees and their instructors :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

well done mate its a great feeling .hope it goes well on the job front

thanks cockneygazzer, it was and still is a great feeling, i still havn’t got off cloud 9!!! going to sign up with some more agencies today and knock on some haulage firms doors, prepared to do some unpaid trial days if it gets me a foot in the door!! once again thanks.Carl

carlclay:
prepared to do some unpaid trial days if it gets me a foot in the door!!

If you mean drive for free then may I suggest you read This HOT topic :exclamation:

point taken rog!! guess i should re-think my strategy, i was thinking more along the lines of being a newbie it would show potential employers i could handle their expensive lorries, i was only thinking of a one day one time offer but i definately would NOT be taken for a ride {so to speak},as i say,re-think my strategy.thanks for your input everyone it really helps,i would appreciate anyones help and advice on this and any other ideas out there,thanks.Carl

Having read comments on similar subjects I agree that a fair days pay for a fair days work is the road I shall now be going down. At least I have not left the house yet on my fools mission!!! :blush: :blush:

i understand were your comeing from clay.out of desperation i have thought i would offer to do a couple of days for free to learn the ropes but only if i was getting a full time job out of it.but looking at it now i think its the wrong way to go.that was certainly an intresting thread rog

been out doing the rounds today,had some good conversations with a couple of local haulage companys,the feedback i have got from them is encouraging especially when i tell them i will be taking my C+E in august, one company has asked me to ring back thursday as he might have some C TIPPER work for me maybe leading to artic work if i pass ( or should that be when i pass peter!!!). fingers crossed!!. went to jobcentre to enquire about help with funding either HIAB or ADR courses and they say that IF i can get a company to say i would certainly be CONSIDERED for employment on headed paper then they MAY fund the course. the problem is as i am not a professional layabout its not easy to get any kind of help!!! i’ll keep you posted

if i pass ( or should that be when i pass peter!!!).

YES :laughing: :laughing: