Cat C Newbie

Hi Everyone

First of all a big thanks to everyone on these forums for all the great information that gets posted here. I`ve been lurking on here for a few months now and really enjoy reading it all.

After 20 odd years in the same day courier game Im currently driving 7.5s for a local agency and have passed my Medical and Theory/Hpt tests and begin my Cat C training on 11th october (5 Day course with test on the Friday) so any tips will be gratefully recieved.

My training is with J.Coates at their St Albans branch anyone else on here done it there?

HIYYAAA Kwakaman, listen to your trainer & if you dont understand anything ask & come back & tell us how your getting on :smiley:

pass the test then come back and ask advice. apart from newbies and instructors/examiners, there are probably very few people who can remember the test or whose memory is irrelevant due to changes to the procedures of gaining the licence :blush:

class 2 is bigger than a 7.5 but the principles are exactly the same so dont worry about the practical side too much. you will have plenty of worrying to do when you go for class 1 :wink:

hi there Kwakaman

I trained with j coates in Slough and was more than happy with the training i did 2-1 driving so will prob be the same i found that very good as when other trainee driving could watch him and pick up things myself the instructors I had where very good and I practiced my reversing up at St Albans the guys up there seemed very helpful anyhow good luck and as Bonnie Lass says if you listen you will pass no problem you have experience of 7.5 so you should feel comfortable with that bit of extra very soon

Good Luck

Jen x

Thanks everyone.I really enjoyed the assessment drive, and now I cant wait to get started on the training.

Keep you posted…

Passed cat C this morning,a few more minors than I would have liked (13) but I guess a pass is a pass. Start saving now for C&E. Thanks again to everyone that posts useful advice on here and a big thanks to Clive at J.Coates in St Albans for great tuition.

Well Done on the pass don’t worry your licence wont come back with how many minors you got