Newbie Cat C ( Class 2 to oldies!) -Little Intro

Hi Everyone

48yrs young and wanted ( AKA -Needed change of direction)

Found forum by accident but glad I did, very very informative!

Just passed Cat C last week, thinking about C+E but undecided as to do now or get some C experience first ( IF I can that is!!)

Wasn’t too impressed with my training company, even recommended on here , though as instructor seemed more interested in his texts, I signed up for 16hrs, 4hr blocks in 3 days then test. Virtually little feedback as to how doing then on way to test rattled off what I need to know and do!

Had to laugh :laughing: :laughing:

Mute point as passed with 3 minors! Yey! ( Must admit surprised given the ***** gearbox I’ve ever had misfortune to meet!)

Start CPC periodic on Monday ( Thank you Grandaddy lol, beats initial) so get the Blue ‘Hire me please’ card soon after! Will be fun given diversity of comments on content of courses on forum , so much for uniformity!

Anyway love the forum and reading some of the posts!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Heres to getting work soon!

Anyone good recommendations for C+E training in West Yorkshire - Let me know as might just go for it now, before I drink money celebrating Cat C pass.

Edit -If right place I’ll travel daily, have commitments so cant do residential :cry:

Thanks

Donald

dcgpx:
Wasn’t too impressed with my training company, even recommended on here

You are allowed to name the training company

:smiley: :smiley:

The two obvious suggestions are Paul @ Elmet and ourselves at Mansfield - obviously a bit further but commuted by many.

I suggest you have assessments at wherever takes your fancy as there are huge differences between some trainers. Make sure you’re happy with the truck and the trainer or sounds like you’ll let yourself in for a repeat performance.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
The two obvious suggestions are Paul @ Elmet and ourselves at Mansfield - obviously a bit further but commuted by many.

I suggest you have assessments at wherever takes your fancy as there are huge differences between some trainers. Make sure you’re happy with the truck and the trainer or sounds like you’ll let yourself in for a repeat performance.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Ditto

Paul :smiley: