Cars, Cops and Criminals BBC 1

bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 … t_Targets/

Soft Targets. Police squads go after criminals targeting vulnerable lorry drivers and their valuable loads, while investigators try to identify stolen caravans that have been sold on to unsuspecting members of the public. PC Angus Nairn investigates truckers who are falsifying their spies-in-the-cab

Using terms like spies-in-the-cab kind of gives a clue as to what tone the program will take on drivers and the industry. :unamused: :unamused:

Another BBC show not worth watching.

Coffeeholic:
Using terms like spies-in-the-cab kind of gives a clue as to what tone the program will take on drivers and the industry. :unamused: :unamused:

Another BBC show not worth watching.

ill sky+ it so i can see how badly they portray us

according to the listings they aint showing this programme on bbc scotland so scottish viewers will have too watch it through sky on some of the southern channels or via the iplayer

bubsy06:
Worth a watch

Soft Targets. Police squads go after criminals targeting vulnerable lorry drivers and their valuable loads, while investigators try to identify stolen caravans that have been sold on to unsuspecting members of the public. PC Angus Nairn investigates truckers who are falsifying their spies-in-the-cab

is it a repeat :question: - the one where a bulk tippers haulin pete gets a tug my traffic on M6 and they find he fudged his log book/tacho his :question: :confused:

scotstrucker:
according to the listings they aint showing this programme on bbc scotland so scottish viewers will have too watch it through sky on some of the southern channels or via the iplayer

It’s on tomorrow night at 21:00 in Scotland.

Cruise Control:

bubsy06:
Worth a watch

is it a repeat :question: - the one where a bulk tippers haulin pete gets a tug my traffic on M6 and they find he fudged his log book/tacho his :question: :confused:

no that was on motorway cops, this is a new 1 as far as am led too believe

anyone else watchin this… Copper just drove truck off the motorway with no seat belt. How the law suits them selves ey

143 sounded nice purring away when he was tugged,lol

acceptme:
anyone else watchin this… Copper just drove truck off the motorway with no seat belt. How the law suits them selves ey

dunno if am right but three series did’nt have em fitted

dont know what I feel about this
positives
Barrie from truckersworld did put over very well the parking problem
it did raise the fact there is a problem

negatives
Did we just show the scumbags who didnt know we are a soft touch a new opportunity?

PC Angus Nairn checking for Drivers Running Bent ? Maybe he should cast his mind back to before he went turncoat. (Only what i have heard on the grapevine)

good point but once again in the volvo he wasnt wearing his seatbelt… bit unfair me thinks…

Rikki-UK:
positives

negatives
Did we just show the scumbags who didnt know we are a soft touch a new opportunity?

yes i just watched it on iplayer and yes he put the point across well but i cant help but think the same as rikki.

Rikki-UK:
positives

negatives

Absolutely bang on chap!! on both parts!

I don’t under stand why some drivers have to run bent is it for the extra money that they can make I don’t think any job is worth it.(it may just be me :confused: :confused: )

Anyone notice that both trucks runing bent were contracting to Montgomery?

Wouldn’t it be great if the government introduced a law whereby if you’re caught stealing you’d lose a finger/fingers or hand depending on the size/value and severity of the theft. No doubt these criminals will be sent on rehabilitation courses at the tax payers expense while we have to pick ourselves up and struggle on. :imp: I’d love to swear but no doubt i’ll be edited, so i’ll edit myself. [zb] [zb] [zb]

Just wondering why Eddie S driver still employed - admitting on camera parking in a lay-by with a high value load (40ft trailer full of alcohol)!!! Did the insurance company pay out? Because I am sure my insurers would not have paid out.

Northern boy:
I don’t under stand why some drivers have to run bent is it for the extra money that they can make I don’t think any job is worth it.(it may just be me :confused: :confused: )

At one point in my career, I have seen making booking times, no matter what was important, it kept me in the planners good books and ensured I got the good runs… which earn the money

as i got older I realised no-one is going to die becuase my load of bog rolls (or whatever) didnt get delivered at 2.30 am off the chart.

I also learnt that once you do the tip out of hours once, its expected every time,

I do appreciate that I am lucky, in that I am in the situation that I can if I wish pick and choose work and only work for those that run legit, many out there do not have that option