Cars, Cops and Criminals BBC 1

This makes some fun reading regarding PC Angus Nairn
public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … e-car.html

I bet the ‘police’ truck is driven by Mr Nairn ‘know it all’. Just caught the end of the programme, that guy in the Volvo heading to Stockport just got what he deserved. The program must be recorded a while back because I think you could expect more than a £480 fine these days for that. I went past Perry Bar myself a few days ago and noticed a film crew filming the truckers and the police.

Regarding PC Nairn

1. do not make any comments on here that you cannot substianiate- if you do it will be removed
  2. I will be trying to get an interview with him, and will put to him to “Poacher turned gamekeeper” comments
  3. Knowing some CPMG guys to talk to “out of hours” as a whole they are extemely supportive of our industry , but are tied to an extent with policies from above

he sort of admitted that most officers wont pull a truck due to size an complications, he also mentioned that he is a night officer targeting trucks on the M5 so basically any 1 who has got 2 brain cells and is running bent and can avoid the M5 will !!

did any 1 else notice barry tozers sat nav in the window :grimacing:

am not being picky there like as i used to have a dash table an sat nav in the wiper area of the screen !!

what they should do if they no truck crime is a high risk is put cctv in every lay bay and even a manned booth like a toll at each entrance to each msa truck park so anybody coming into the park has to make them selves known (hence no dodgy cars etc)

but pigs wil fly before that !!

Rikki-UK:
I do appreciate that I am lucky, in that I am in the situation that I can if I wish pick and choose work and only work for those that run legit, many out there do not have that option

That’s a very fair point Rikki. :smiley:

I’m in a similar position now, but I’ll admit that it wasn’t always the case. :blush: :blush:

I find it funny both trucks running bent both subbies for montgomery lol.
:laughing: :laughing: :smiley:

j.gooch:
Just wondering why Eddie S driver still employed - admitting on camera parking in a lay-by with a high value load (40ft trailer full of alcohol)!!! Did the insurance company pay out? Because I am sure my insurers would not have paid out.

I know the driver well, having met up with him on a number of occasions all around the country in the past. He is a great guy,and a very well thought of employee of ESL.He was en-route on the A50. His intention was to park up on ESL,s depot at Burton-on-Trent. He phoned them up when he was about 10 minutes away, he was told that they were full up and not to bother trying to park up in there.When his time ran out about 5 minutes past B.O.T. he parked up in a well lit lay-by right alongside the A50. He knew that he was not going to get much kip, thanks to the passing traffic, but thought that he was safe where he was. When they broke into the cab, he was in his sleeping bag. He was cattle prodded, and CS Gassed.They eventually dumped him somewhere in the middle of Yorkshire, or some other God Forsaken hole ( I forget exactly where).They almost zb well killed him. Why was he not sacked?? FFS!! Because his employer ESL understood that he had done his best, insofar as parking is concerned. He could , of course have pulled a fuse .and ran illegally to a safe parking place, (if such a place exists).Had PC Angus "the grade 1 tnuc " Nairn, referred to as a "Trucker.s Friend "on the program;Or one of his similar “pick an easy target” fellow plod been any where in the area, and had captured him, he would now be getting slagged off by members of the TNUK Whiter than White Brigade, for running bent. The bottom line is that ESL were told of the situation. They chose not to send a driver out to get him somewhere safe. They accepted responsibility for the loss of the load. He still drives for them. I last spoke with him about 3 years ago at his home depot,ESL Braunstone, shortly after he had come back to work following over a year off as a result of the treatment that he had received.
Insofar as making admissions "on camera " is concerned. What about our venereal friend "Angus Super-Plod :smiling_imp: ", driving off in that wagon without his seat-belt on ? It,s alright for some.

Buycrider:

j.gooch:
Just wondering why Eddie S driver still employed - admitting on camera parking in a lay-by with a high value load (40ft trailer full of alcohol)!!! Did the insurance company pay out? Because I am sure my insurers would not have paid out.

I know the driver well, having met up with him on a number of occasions all around the country in the past. He is a great guy,and a very well thought of employee of ESL.He was en-route on the A50. His intention was to park up on ESL,s depot at Burton-on-Trent. He phoned them up when he was about 10 minutes away, he was told that they were full up and not to bother trying to park up in there.When his time ran out about 5 minutes past B.O.T. he parked up in a well lit lay-by right alongside the A50. He knew that he was not going to get much kip, thanks to the passing traffic, but thought that he was safe where he was. When they broke into the cab, he was in his sleeping bag. He was cattle prodded, and CS Gassed.They eventually dumped him somewhere in the middle of Yorkshire, or some other God Forsaken hole ( I forget exactly where).They almost zb well killed him. Why was he not sacked?? FFS!! Because his employer ESL understood that he had done his best, insofar as parking is concerned. He could , of course have pulled a fuse .and ran illegally to a safe parking place, (if such a place exists).Had PC Angus "the grade 1 tnuc " Nairn, referred to as a "Trucker.s Friend "on the program;Or one of his similar “pick an easy target” fellow plod been any where in the area, and had captured him, he would now be getting slagged off by members of the TNUK Whiter than White Brigade, for running bent. The bottom line is that ESL were told of the situation. They chose not to send a driver out to get him somewhere safe. They accepted responsibility for the loss of the load. He still drives for them. I last spoke with him about 3 years ago at his home depot,ESL Braunstone, shortly after he had come back to work following over a year off as a result of the treatment that he had received.
Insofar as making admissions "on camera " is concerned. What about our venereal friend "Angus Super-Plod :smiling_imp: ", driving off in that wagon without his seat-belt on ? It,s alright for some.

very well put and well said :laughing:

Rikki-UK:
Regarding PC Nairn

1. do not make any comments on here that you cannot substianiate- if you do it will be removed

PC Nairn TWICE drove a lorry ON CAMERA without wearing a seatbelt. Watch the programme…

Conor:

Rikki-UK:
Regarding PC Nairn

PC Nairn TWICE drove a lorry ON CAMERA without wearing a seatbelt. Watch the programme…

the old saying comes to mind

“one rule for us, another for them”

i’v been pulled a few times by pc angus nairn and have never had any problems with the guy, he’s always been polite and friendly, he knows what he’s looking for and knows the ones that are at it so he aint a super copper he just a copper who uses his past working experiance as a driver to his advantage. theres alot of other enforcement officers could use his example in the way in how to speak to drivers

acceptme:
good point but once again in the volvo he wasnt wearing his seatbelt… bit unfair me thinks…

Don’t they have an exemption?

gonzothejaffa1:

acceptme:
anyone else watchin this… Copper just drove truck off the motorway with no seat belt. How the law suits them selves ey

dunno if am right but three series did’nt have em fitted

That one did, you can see the bit the belt slots into down by the seat as the cop moves away, 08:38 into the program.

Ayup,maybe the jock policeman wasnt too bad,he did say drivers could drive for 15hrs :confused: Maybe if anyone is pulled,just quote PC ? and say it was on BBC,then everything should be ok :slight_smile: :slight_smile: cheers Joe.

Joe and Jayne Public would of watched Cars, Cops and Criminals last night, turned the tv off and Joe turns to his wife with a puzzled look on his face and says

“well i saw some cars some cops on that show but didnt see any criminals

if they had named the show correctly it should of said Cars, Cops and Criminals(truckdrivers).

then Joe would of said to his wife

coor did you see those criminals those bloody scum of the earth truck drivers

:laughing: :laughing:

Buycrider:

j.gooch:

Sounds like an inside job to me. It’s pretty much guaranteed that at some point in the conversation the driver pointed out that he had a load of booze on but yet they still couldn’t find any space for him in the yard? :unamused: So the driver tells them he’s gonna bang it in a “well lit and secure” lay-by ( :unamused: ) on the A50 and ESL are okay with this?! I find that very hard to believe…

Meanwhile, whoever he spoke to at ESL (transport office muppet or gate security) is now aware that there’s gonna be a trailer full of booze sitting duck in a lay-by and surprise surprise (or not) when a few hours later the driver gets a face full of CS gas and the trailer gets emptied. :unamused: How coincidental… ‘Opportunist’ thieves don’t go about with cans of CS gas in their pockets and nor do they bother with trucks on busy trunk routes when they’re sat under 250 watts of light. It’s got ‘inside job’ written all over it.

Buycrider:
He could , of course have pulled a fuse .and ran illegally to a safe parking place, (if such a place exists).

why on earth would he need/want to pull the fuse when he could simply have written on the back of the card/done a printout - the valuable load details could have easily been verified by ESL if needed in future

unfortunately some firms/drivers have abused it to death over the years, but it still stands as a perfectly legit reason to run over your time IF necessary

acceptme:
anyone else watchin this… Copper just drove truck off the motorway with no seat belt. How the law suits them selves ey

also I didnt see him put a tacho in,and I thought although he was right in booking the driver ,the copper was a bit smug for my liking.
and how m,any times does plode angus stop drivers just so he can get to drive an artic when he’s booked them .

Eddie Stobart have panic buttons?

Do they press it when they need to reverse :laughing:

Sorry couldnt resist steady eddie drivers :blush:

You’ve got to hand to the copper he certainly has a nose for a bent runner :confused: