Cars cops and criminals

did any1 jst hear on the bbc now that truckers need to stop after 8hrs driving and rest lol its was on cars,cops and criminals is there something we should know??

acceptme:
did any1 jst hear on the bbc now that truckers need to stop after 8hrs

I noticed that too.

acceptme:
did any1 jst hear on the bbc now that truckers need to stop after 8hrs driving and rest lol its was on cars,cops and criminals is there something we should know??

Yeh they got that wrong but i think in general they were quite
sympathetic to some of the problems we face.
Makes a change !!!

funny how every program that involves anything to do with trucks always get it wrong,you think they could try a little harder

peterq5422:
funny how every program that involves anything to do with trucks always get it wrong,you think they could try a little harder

probably applies equally to most subjects - take all documentaries with a pinch of salt?

notice we got the old been gassed chestnut, and the seemingly sensible scots copper had bought into it too :unamused:

I saw it and enjoyed it. I guess the 8 hour comment was pretty innacurate but it beats boring Joe public to death with 9 hours/10 hour spreads e.t.c. All they need to know is we HAVE to stop and park up, often in some not so nice areas.

Many programmes paint truckers in a very bad light, this one made us out to be the good guys for a change!

With regards to the gassing, is it true crims use easy start sprayed through an air vent to knock drivers out?

Lankytim:
With regards to the gassing, is it true crims use easy start sprayed through an air vent to knock drivers out?

Yes it is they pull a pipe off the night heater and the next thing you know is you’ve got a sinking headache in an empty cab or worse!

I noticed that too, Im gonna log onto the BBC iplayer and show it to my boss, after all if its on a BBC doc. it must be true :laughing:

Where the WTD failed the BBC will help :laughing:

Slightly off topic a bit, did anyone see this program a couple of weeks ago when they were on about cars bein nicked and shipped abroad?

Well on the bit where the stolen X5 had been bought back to England, and was being unloaded onto a flat bed out of the container, that was my drawbar that delivered it :smiley: Me trucks famous!!!

I didn’t see it but it dosn’t suprise me.
Hears some comments from TV and Newspapers.

Truck carrying 35 tons of concrete…no chance.
The load was secured by a seatbelt strap…It may look like one to someone.
And of course Maximum 8 hours driving per day…no comment.

They shouldn’t do it. The public should know the facts not some made up rubbish.

limeyphil:
Truck carrying 35 tons of concrete…no chance

we’ve regularly carried 40 tonnes of concrete from macrete in ireland to UK :grimacing:

jj72:

limeyphil:

we’ve regularly carried 40 tonnes of concrete from macrete in ireland to UK :grimacing:

Taken out on 2 flatbeds then swapped to a euroliner.
We know it goes on from time to time. Done it myself. :wink:
But they shouldn’t say it as it’s making the driver out to be guilty.

limeyphil:

jj72:

limeyphil:

Taken out on 2 flatbeds then swapped to a euroliner.
We know it goes on from time to time. Done it myself. :wink:
But they shouldn’t say it as it’s making the driver out to be guilty.

tut tut limeyphil - i meant one 40 tonne beam under STGO Cat 2 :wink: :laughing:

i used to carry 30 tonne loads of steel out of bublin docks in the 70s on 4 axles driving a hino,and go all over the country.
example.
dublin/cork 7 hours transit time one way.
the noise from the axles on the corners was another thing.

You could get some steel plate under that bit of concrete, although it would be better in a fridge :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
You could get some steel plate under that bit of concrete, although it would be better in a fridge :stuck_out_tongue:

keeps it fresh that way :laughing:

Oddly enough I didn’t know that steel needed to be kept fresh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Saratoga:
Oddly enough I didn’t know that steel needed to be kept fresh :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It helps, you dont need to strap it in a fridge as it has solid sides, and think how difficult it is to remove a box of fish fingers from the fridge at home