car drivers

what is it with them and gaps, i came down the m62 about 13.00 today and its just impossible to leave yourself a safe braking distance in front, every time i dropped back in they jumped, the amount of times i thought i was going to clip one, and why to they have to stand on the brakes when they come in cant they just blend in

I totally understand with what you are saying ady1. I think its about time the government focused on better driver training and education instead of fines, fines and more fines. It is in my opinion that as part of learning to drive a car you should have a half day’s experience driving HGV’s at a off road test facility. This way car drivers would understand that HGV’s can not stop the same as a car and that’s why you need to give all large vehicles greater room for breaking and turning.

After all when I am out on the road I do not necessarily worry about my driving it all the other lunatics out there that I worry about.

ady1:
what is it with them and gaps, i came down the m62 about 13.00 today and its just impossible to leave yourself a safe braking distance in front, every time i dropped back in they jumped, the amount of times i thought i was going to clip one, and why to they have to stand on the brakes when they come in cant they just blend in

Come on Ady don’t let us proper truckers down. You are meant to drive almost on the bumper of the car in front so they can’t do that to you, then they end up stopping in lane two with their left indicator on, dangerous i know! Get a grip, teach them to get over in good time!!!

Well never mind aye? They’re probably all Polish - and maybe some Muslims there too :wink:

David Miller:
Well never mind aye? They’re probably all Polish - and maybe some Muslims there too :wink:

No, the former drive at 50mph in the middle lane, just lean on the airhorn as you pass them on the inside , then put the right indicator on at the same time and they ain’t sure what they’ve done wrong but they move anyway due to them being slightly confused, usually into the outside lane at the same speed. The latter normally drive in lane one at 40mph loaded up with goods and family in white toyota hiache vans, i usually find approaching them at 56mph with headlights blaring and again leaning on the horn causes them to pull sharply onto the hard shoulder and results in about 12 pairs of eyes all peering through the windscreen to see what happened. You get a certain confidence after a long time driving and it is quite easy to heavily influence other drivers around you!!

Mike-C:

David Miller:

No, the former drive at 50mph in the middle lane, just lean on the airhorn as you pass them on the inside , then put the right indicator on at the same time and they ain’t sure what they’ve done wrong but they move anyway due to them being slightly confused, usually into the outside lane at the same speed. The latter normally drive in lane one at 40mph loaded up with goods and family in white toyota hiache vans, i usually find approaching them at 56mph with headlights blaring and again leaning on the horn causes them to pull sharply onto the hard shoulder and results in about 12 pairs of eyes all peering through the windscreen to see what happened. You get a certain confidence after a long time driving and it is quite easy to heavily influence other drivers around you!!

:laughing: Funny, but true. :open_mouth:

The latter can usually be found on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings on the M62 heading eastbound with 13 people in a Toyota Camry after the arrival of one of the Pakistan Airlines flights at Manchester. And yes, they still do 40mph. :unamused:

just lean on the airhorn as you pass them

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Why lean on me what have I done? :laughing: :open_mouth:

Rob K:

Mike-C:

David Miller:

:laughing: Funny, but true. :open_mouth:

The latter can usually be found on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings on the M62 heading eastbound with 13 people in a Toyota Camry after the arrival of one of the Pakistan Airlines flights at Manchester. And yes, they still do 40mph. :unamused:

VERY GOOD :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I usually find approaching them at 56mph with headlights blaring and again leaning on the horn causes them to pull sharply onto the hard shoulder and results in about 12 pairs of eyes all peering through the windscreen to see what happened.

Brilliant. Evil but Brilliant and it is just SO true - they DO that - all of 'em!!
:laughing: :laughing:

Cant knock ALL car drivers though. We drive cars dont we :wink:

ady1:

i came down the m62 today about manchester bound at about the same time and i saw 1 idiot in a red corsa at jct26 i think it was the m606 slip cut across from the 3rd lane straight into lane 1 at the last second and slammed his brakes on so he didnt wipe the car out in front of him right in front of a artic carrying logs with another artic behind him and me behind him.the log driver had too swerve sharpley into the middle lane to avoid driving straight over the corsa luckly there was a large enough gap for him to get into if it wasnt i dread to think what would of happened because there is no way in this world he would have been able to avoid hitting the car causing a huge accident involving myself me and the artic in front had to go heavy on our brakes as we were being past by cars in the middle lane.it was definatly a change of underwear moment lol

‘Only a fool Breaks the Two Second Rule’

A simple rule that could save many lives but how many people can’t count??
Having said all the above about car drivers I was sitting in Newport Pagnell the other week having a coffee and watching the traffic go by.
I was saddened at seeing so many trucks tailgating. And when I say tailgating I really mean it. One pair (from the same company) were so close I at first took it to be a wagon and drag.
Keeping a safe gap is the main safety factor I try to drum into all new trainees and it is very disheartening to see so called experienced truckers doing this.

‘Only a fool Breaks the Two Second Rule’

How True… 2 seconds to get your ■■■■■■■ car outta my way coz i am coming through.

god yeah car drivers, they’re all scum…

…oh hang on, dont we all drive cars when we’re not working…

ady1:
what is it with them and gaps, i came down the m62 about 13.00 today and its just impossible to leave yourself a safe braking distance in front, every time i dropped back in they jumped, the amount of times i thought i was going to clip one

Mothertrucker:
Keeping a safe gap is the main safety factor I try to drum into all new trainees and it is very disheartening to see so called experienced truckers doing this.

See the first quote, to explain the reason for not doing the second.
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

P.S. If they where that close Mothertrucker, they were probably on the CB talking to each other. It works fine till the one up front falls asleep and drives off the road. By that time, the others are so hypnotised into following the rear of the one in front, they all follow, like lemmings.

dennisw1:
god yeah car drivers, they’re all scum…

…oh hang on, dont we all drive cars when we’re not working…

No .

Rob K:

I wondered why the git in the white toyota swerved from lane 3 on the M60 (CW) to exit onto the 2nd sliproad/lane of the M56 heading towards the airport at 4:30pm right in front of me, while I was in lane 1 on wednesday, at the very last moment :unamused:
while I was heading towards Eccles, I knew I should have shunted him, especially since the expression on his face was one of “what have I done wrong?” :confused: