Answer me this!

After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?, i have spent the last 2 weeks on uk work and am amazed at the ignorant, brainless and basically crap behaviour of so called professionals from the hardstaff driver on the m1 last friday morning who tailgated me that close he was forced to straddle 2 lanes just waiting for that vital downhill section to come roaring past until the road levelled and he then continued blissfully at 53mph happy in the knowledge he was that vital one truck in font! why is it also that nearly half the trucks on the road over here are dented and panels missing yet travel to any other country and you very rarely see many damaged trucks? surely this just reflects the sloppy attitude of the yellow vest brigade over here, people run the poles and other nationalities down but 9/10 times they flash you in after you have passed them and whats with all this overtaking them hitting the brakes ■■■■■■■■ ive witnessed twice in as many weeks! get a bit of respect and brains lads as id rather pick chewing gum of the pavement than work in such a crap enviroment. This is in no way a slagging of the guys and gals out there who do take a pride in what they do but the growing number who dont give a toss! currently waiting for a boat to spain so i can forget all about my past 2 weeks!

Ok thanks for that.

and breathe…

Someone see if Tobys nurse has any spare pills :grimacing:

Simple i believe it is because 20 years ago people wanted to be lorry drivers now for some it is just a job. I started in 1990 & you never used to get the amount of accidents you do today, all the time on the radio their is talk of a truck turned over here & one there etc! Who to be fair nowdays wants to spend weekends away from home all the time

Steve Rogers:
After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?, i have spent the last 2 weeks on uk work and am amazed at the ignorant, brainless and basically crap behaviour of so called professionals from the hardstaff driver on the m1 last friday morning who tailgated me that close he was forced to straddle 2 lanes just waiting for that vital downhill section to come roaring past until the road levelled and he then continued blissfully at 53mph happy in the knowledge he was that vital one truck in font! why is it also that nearly half the trucks on the road over here are dented and panels missing yet travel to any other country and you very rarely see many damaged trucks? surely this just reflects the sloppy attitude of the yellow vest brigade over here, people run the poles and other nationalities down but 9/10 times they flash you in after you have passed them and whats with all this overtaking them hitting the brakes [zb] ive witnessed twice in as many weeks! get a bit of respect and brains lads as id rather pick chewing gum of the pavement than work in such a crap enviroment. This is in no way a slagging of the guys and gals out there who do take a pride in what they do but the growing number who dont give a toss! currently waiting for a boat to spain so i can forget all about my past 2 weeks!

Well said that Man :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Probably because nobody gives a flying ■■■■ anymore. Trucks should be limited to 56mph+ I think, stops people getting impatient which results in safety breeches on the roads…

jacko22:
Simple i believe it is because 20 years ago people wanted to be lorry drivers now for some it is just a job

This is similer to what i said a couple of weeks ago, people are taking it up due to redundancy or whatever but some really don’t seem to enjoy the job.

Will:

Steve Rogers:
After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?, i have spent the last 2 weeks on uk work and am amazed at the ignorant, brainless and basically crap behaviour of so called professionals from the hardstaff driver on the m1 last friday morning who tailgated me that close he was forced to straddle 2 lanes just waiting for that vital downhill section to come roaring past until the road levelled and he then continued blissfully at 53mph happy in the knowledge he was that vital one truck in font! why is it also that nearly half the trucks on the road over here are dented and panels missing yet travel to any other country and you very rarely see many damaged trucks? surely this just reflects the sloppy attitude of the yellow vest brigade over here, people run the poles and other nationalities down but 9/10 times they flash you in after you have passed them and whats with all this overtaking them hitting the brakes [zb] ive witnessed twice in as many weeks! get a bit of respect and brains lads as id rather pick chewing gum of the pavement than work in such a crap enviroment. This is in no way a slagging of the guys and gals out there who do take a pride in what they do but the growing number who dont give a toss! currently waiting for a boat to spain so i can forget all about my past 2 weeks!

Well said that Man :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Thanks will ! Regards to tony next time you speak to him il keep an eye out for him on the way down if he’s about.

Like i said this isnt aimed at all the good drivers out there and there are many who put up with poor working conditions on a daily basis but still do there job in a professional manner.

Steve,
I spent 26 years on Euro work then had a nine year break from lorrydriving all together, came back 2 years ago.
Talk about being in shock I couldn’t beleive the standard of so called “professional” driving. As an example a Belgian pulling for TNT came past me last night on the M25 with his curtain pulled all the way accross his side window! What the hell was that about… John

Steve Rogers:
After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?,

Because all the trucks are being driven by eastern Europeans. :wink:

i started out driving vans, then 7.5 tonners on a car licence, then you could do a block course onto class 1.
the course wasn’t just about driving. roping, sheeting and general education by old hands was involved.
i think taking away the 7.5 ton entitlement from car licences also took away the chance for someone to get a taste of what lorry driving is about. they’d either walk away, or get hooked.
but nowadays they decide that lorry driving is easy money and spend thousands of pounds to get a licence, they hate the job, but they’ve spent up.

i agree about the stantard of driving is crap now the troufairble is no body takes any pride anymore when i started you kept your own trucks and took a pride in the job most of us new what the job involved before we started as we had spent are school holidays with dads or uncles and without nowing it we were learning the job without realising it and we were with them because we wanted to be but good old h/s and other factors have put an end to all that and the fun has gone out of the job a lot of trucks are double shifted and are peasent spec so who would take any pride in them and most modern day drivers are just not interested in the job to them it is just a way to a paypacket at the moment there are still some old school drivers out there but when they are gone in the next 15 to 20 years i would hate to even think what the standard will be

Steve Rogers:
Like i said this isnt aimed at all the good drivers out there and there are many who put up with poor working conditions on a daily basis but still do there job in a professional manner.

Goodbye don,t rush back get back to your ideal world and us plebs will just crack on bye now ■■■

Harry Monk:

Steve Rogers:
After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?,

Because all the trucks are being driven by eastern Europeans. :wink:

Outrageous (spolling :blush: ) statement . . . cant be more than 80 percent can it ?

You need to drive here in the Republic of Ireland,hardly any trucks will ever flash you in and as our so called motorways are merely two lanes in each direction when you pull out to overtake the truck that is that little bit slower,unless he is one of the few that have some manners and will back off a little and let you in you could find yourself in the outside lane for quite a while,happened to me on a night run lately,and when I was telling a few of the other drivers at the depot,one guy says ‘I wouldn’t have backed off to let you in either,why should you get home any sooner than me?’ I thought he was joking at first but no,he was serious! I find driving in the Uk much better than here,most trucks flash you in and pull out to let you join the motorway,I think Uk car drivers are better than Irish ones too,and having driven on the continent for a while,I’d agree that that the standard of driving over there is generally better,but not always :wink:

Transc:
You need to drive here in the Republic of Ireland,hardly any trucks will ever flash you in and as our so called motorways are merely two lanes in each direction when you pull out to overtake the truck that is that little bit slower,unless he is one of the few that have some manners and will back off a little and let you in you could find yourself in the outside lane for quite a while,happened to me on a night run lately,and when I was telling a few of the other drivers at the depot,one guy says ‘I wouldn’t have backed off to let you in either,why should you get home any sooner than me?’ I thought he was joking at first but no,he was serious! I find driving in the Uk much better than here,most trucks flash you in and pull out to let you join the motorway,I think Uk car drivers are better than Irish ones too,and having driven on the continent for a while,I’d agree that that the standard of driving over there is generally better,but not always :wink:

Spot on there, worst drivers in Euroland here, I’d give up if I had to drive here day in day out, what with numptys going the wrong way up the m-way, at roundabouts and one way streets and idiots who trundle along at 40 in the outside lane, I could go on but I’d only be boring everyone.

Equitran:

Transc:

Spot on there, worst drivers in Euroland here, I’d give up if I had to drive here day in day out, what with numptys going the wrong way up the m-way, at roundabouts and one way streets and idiots who trundle along at 40 in the outside lane, I could go on but I’d only be boring everyone.

Chill out man.go on a fh site. :sunglasses:

OMG you so silly ■■? All us EX Forces have been kicked out…Blow me they need us again as G4,s aint got the Man power.

But please dont come the old Knight of the Road Naff… it aint hard it aint rocket science to sit on ya ARSE point N Get there.

as the old saying goes theres drivers and screwdrivers