Answer me this!

Also a pozzie Drive…Knights of The Road …point n squirt… the Hardest thing is backing on the Bay then what tonk mag to read …
FHM or Another… Plse dont get me wrong… but Driving a HGV aint Rocket . :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pete8835:
… it aint hard it aint rocket science to sit on ya ARSE point N Get there.[/b]

No but there’s an awful lot out there who can’t seem to master it.

And cars too,i had nowhere to go,cars double parked either side,but they still drive in to the junction making a problem,they put the hands up,gesticulate,mouth off,like it was my fault for trying to exit a small industrial esate,why cant they see a 44 tonner until it is TWO metres in front of their bonnet.

@ Steve Rogers

I wouldn’t expect too many sympathetic reactions to your concerns about the drop in “Professional Driver” standards on this forum, some drivers actively encourage that sort of behaviour and worse.

Harry Monk:

Steve Rogers:
After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?,

Because all the trucks are being driven by eastern Europeans. :wink:

ditto :smiley:

Never met a driver yet that will admit to being ‘one of them’ (a bad driver that is)… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Steve Rogers:
After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?,

Because all the trucks are being driven by eastern Europeans. :wink:

So maybe all in the continent are driven by Brits hence free from damage :unamused:

You really need a pill.

As a general rule I don’t knock the gear about, nor do I drive with my hi viz on I,m not a bin man or a Royal Mail driver.

You only need a handful of inept and careless drivers on a large shared fleet and it won’t take long before they have the stolen recoverd look. If you pay £8 an hour don’t expect miracles, You don’t get steak for lamb chop money.

Nobody drives slow up to traffic lights,it full speed up to a red light,braking heavily instead of anticipating the change to save fuel and wear and tear,but if it is not your wagon,you are not going to care about that.

I know that years ago, we had the worse looking fleets, torn curtains, cabs that would be better off in a breakers yard, and was so embarrassing when parkd on the continent waiting to load. I met a guy on one trip, who had a railway sleeper across the chassis to hold the back of the cab up cos it was so rotten…but we took pride in our job. As we ventured further east, our vehicles still looked the worst of the bunch, except in romania.
The standard of driving has certainly dropped, but was always good in europe, i believe that over there, they at least for eg: indicate, pull out…no hesitation, over here, indicate and wait for someone to flash you, cars rarely will, so you sit there waiting, and when you attempt to pull out, they accellerate.
I also think we get complacent, and always think we are in the right, and are the best, you can tell by some of the comments we get on trucknet, who cares and who doesnt, above all, i think that we still have a good driving record, there has always been accidents, since the invasion, there are more accidents with foreign vehicles, and maybe thats down to how they got their licence, how much experience the drivers have, for their exports are greater than ever, and obviously need drivers, experienced or not, much the same as agencies, take on whoever, so long as the job gets done, the only answer is more training, or a frequent driver testing.

mike68:
You don’t get steak for lamb chop money.

Actually you do - beef rump steak is cheaper per kilo than lamb chops in most shops :wink:

Roymondo:

mike68:
You don’t get steak for lamb chop money.

Actually you do - beef rump steak is cheaper per kilo than lamb chops in most shops :wink:

Or like we used to say if we got a Sgt Major ranting at us for a sloppy job " PAY PEANUTS GET MONKEYS" that never went down well.

Steve Rogers:
After driving in europe for the past 20 years now im just wondering if anyone can shed some light on why the standard of hgv driving is so poor in the uk?, i have spent the last 2 weeks on uk work and am amazed at the ignorant, brainless and basically crap behaviour of so called professionals from the hardstaff driver on the m1 last friday morning who tailgated me that close he was forced to straddle 2 lanes just waiting for that vital downhill section to come roaring past until the road levelled and he then continued blissfully at 53mph happy in the knowledge he was that vital one truck in font! why is it also that nearly half the trucks on the road over here are dented and panels missing yet travel to any other country and you very rarely see many damaged trucks? surely this just reflects the sloppy attitude of the yellow vest brigade over here, people run the poles and other nationalities down but 9/10 times they flash you in after you have passed them and whats with all this overtaking them hitting the brakes [zb] ive witnessed twice in as many weeks! get a bit of respect and brains lads as id rather pick chewing gum of the pavement than work in such a crap enviroment. This is in no way a slagging of the guys and gals out there who do take a pride in what they do but the growing number who dont give a toss! currently waiting for a boat to spain so i can forget all about my past 2 weeks!

+1