Cant do nights out no more

Hi passed my class 2 just over a month ago ,I have done a few shifts with the agency and taken the plunge and left my old factory job for a full time lgv job which involves a lot of tramping which I knew about before I took the job ,has I see it it’s a foot in the door the only problem is that due to personal reasons I cant do many nights out is there work other then tramping I don’t mind 15 hr days ect ,and also if a got my class 1 would the only work be tramping? Just asking b4 a spend all that money doing it .

There are lots of jobs that dont involve nights
out like doing drops to building sites for likes
of key line ect or tell the agency what work you
prefer. There is also day trunking or night trunking.

thanks going down london early this morning 3am i think then back friday :laughing:

sorry to hear you cant do nights…olike i said some people can do nihts & others cant…i have been doing shifts for nearly 18yrs & night shift kill me now.
Good luck with another job

Don’t worry loads of jobs don’t involve night out, especially round area like yours, Jobs like Supermarket deliveries, Trunking or just local general haulage where they might double shift the truck.

I’ve never done ‘nights out’ and wouldn’t even entertain the idea, and never found any problems working.

‘Trolley’ work is invariably ‘single shift’ and you’ve got Morrisons nearby, and both Morrisons and Asda down the road at Wakefield, and an even greater selection on the Europort Estate, and even Arla just a bit up the M1.

TBH, you’re spoilt for choice.

i think when i get my class one there will be more choice, been working for joda for the past 2 weeks ive had a few nights out mybe 3 ,and im driving a little van :laughing: just so i get used to the runs bloody long days just finished today started at 330am this morning just got in now 11 30 pm :open_mouth: been like that a few times they say its ok cos the van not have a tacho ,they are giving me a ridgid next few week 5 niights out i think , been down to london today then pick up some pallets near brighton ,drop at leeds , :stuck_out_tongue:

Just as a matter of interest what is it about nights out that you don’t like?

Because I’ve never really had a problem with it and in more rural area’s it becomes harder to find day work, so nights out is normal round here.

nights out are part of being a truck driver,it comes with the job,if the company you work for do nights out then you should be expected to do them too…If you dont like nights out dont work for that company,simple.

One thing to remember the more nights out you do the more money is in your pocket at the end of the week…

I’ve had my C+E for two years now and haven’t done any nights out and don’t intend to. As the man says just find a company who’s work dosen’t involve nights out.

do not worry too much as you can and will get employment

without working nights,as many people do not also want to

work days, allways,all the best

Well I did my first night out last night was ok was knackered went out like a light! Later on in the afternoon all the trampers came back in to work for their wage slips I was chatting to a few of then all, I can say is characters!
They all said it was better to get used to using the van, then after a month they will put me in the class 2 cant wait! Yesterday, Thursday my sat nav packed up middle of bloody London I ■■■■ myself had to buy a map, but did ok.
Don’t care what anyone says I use the map to plan my drops, pickups order etc
But, sat nav beats maps every time.
It’s a steep learning curve, learning load security, and routes and your drops pickups, and that’s before you lean to drive a class 2, or class1!
Just cant imagine been good enough to drive a class 1 in the situations they get in ,I will though in time. (i hope) :slight_smile:

slackeye:
It’s a steep learning curve, learning load security, and routes and your drops pickups, and that’s before you lean to drive a class 2, or class1!
Just cant imagine been good enough to drive a class 1 in the situations they get in ,I will though in time. (i hope) :slight_smile:

Yep! it isn’t easy to begin with and yes you will get better at it if you apply yourself to the job.

Thursday my sat nav packed up, your words slackeye and sat nav beats maps anyday :laughing:

“Just can’t imagine being good enough to drive class 1in the situations they get in”

Believe me if I can do it any one can just takes a bit of practice and learning by your mistakes

Thanks for the replies, I got a call today on the van phone while I was in Nottingham, I am starting on the rigid on Monday with a bloke to show me the ropes, just going to take my time, at the end of the day I think a firm will be more bothered that I bring back the truck in one piece then anything else! :wink:
It’s been fun driving the van but now for the real thing.
:laughing:

long days just finished today started at 330am this morning just got in now 11 30 pm been like that a few times they say its ok cos the van not have a tacho

err, don’t think so. I’ m fairly sure vans come under domestic rules, max 10 hours driving a day x 7 days a week. Its rarely enforced though. (problems with proof i guess).

I’m tired at this time, this is the only link i can find that goes some way to supporting that what i’m thinking here is correct:

http://www.vanman.co.uk/regulations/hours.htm

Slackeye…

slackeye:
Well I did my first night out last night was ok was knackered went out like a light! Later on in the afternoon all the trampers came back in to work for their wage slips I was chatting to a few of then all, I can say is characters!

I think a massive part of the job is being able to get on with people. Then if you are really stuck - you have the skill & wisdom to ask for help!

Many of us are new to the ‘game’ and the ‘old school truckers’ seem to have a great relationship (and language) with eachother. It feels intimidating at first, but it’s only the treatment any ‘new-boy’ gets (fetch a bubble for the spirit?).

From my veiw, the best approach is total honesty - don’t pretend you know more than you do - it’ll always come back and bite you (as I’ve found!)

I may have gone off-track here, hope-fully someone will find my comments useful?

driverone…
I was told if your vehicle has a tacho then go by the rules - if if hasn’t then you’ll be fine - as long as you’re not takin the pass (a=i)?