What kind of work do you prefer: day shifts/ tramping

Just doing my own little statistics hear
To find out what the supply and demand is like for the job market
To see if you drivers chase the tramping jobs or the day shifts, that’s nights in at home in bed with the misses

Help I have just ■■■■■■ up the whole poll system
Tried to add a new poll option and all the votes have gone

I’m not trusted to do nights out…

None of the above, 18.00 20.30 start, five shifts none of which should go past the 10 hour mark.

I dont tramp, the only nights out involve going home, going to the pub with a meal etc. As far as Im concerned, Im like cinderella .............. if Im out in my carriage and the clock stikes 12 midnight, I figure my carriage is liable to turn itself into a pumpkin, and that must never happen. which is why I don`t do nights

what about us night trunkers ? god dam ya :grimacing:

bowser:

We don’t count - never have :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

gardun:

bowser:

Your the hooligans of the M1/M6 especially at night! :wink:
Flying past us with your cab almost kissing the DD trailer of your mate in front!
Got to get there to get home again!! :grimacing:

dessy:

gardun:

bowser:

Flying past us with your cab almost kissing the DD trailer of your mate in front!

Never been on the M1 and only ever used about 2 miles of the M6 :laughing:
AND my mate is usually about 2 hours behind me :wink:

Deep down I think we’d all do days only, Monday to Friday 9 to 5 etc, but for me the money’s in distance work and nights out so that’s what I’ll do.

i have a friend who has been out of work for a while. he told me he would do anything, he can’t stay on the dole.
i said i’d have a word at our place, and he would probably get home every 2 or 3 weeks.
he then said. that’s no good for me, i only want local work, no nights out, none of this, none of that, etc, etc.
he’s still out of work. :laughing:

dessy:

gardun:

bowser:

M6/A5 for me … the future’s orange don’t you know ■■.. :smiley:

None of 'em. I work and prefer permanent nights :grimacing:

bowser:

dessy:

gardun:

bowser:

M6/A5 for me … the future’s orange don’t you know ■■.. :smiley:

And I thought it was Green! :wink: :laughing: :grimacing:

None of the options, and at various times all of the options, so didn’t vote.

According to my contract im a Day driver,Mon to Fri but my start time window is from 0000 to 0400,so you can start midnight Monday morning and still be there at 1800 on a friday :open_mouth: if they move your starts back as the week rolls on :imp:

I’m a tramper simply because I like the adventure of going new places, the further the better. Ultimately I’d like to do euro tramping for a week or 2 at a time.

Tramping out would do for me - that way the wife can drop me off on a Monday, and she’s got the car all week before picking me up (from the nearest pub to the yard) on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon :slight_smile:

Didn’t used to like nights out, but got used to them and now kinda miss them (weird)…

Also, with nights out, it’s easier to do a long shift and have a short rest = higher earning potential.

I’d like to give europe a go, but I work for the money and the money’s not there at the moment (that I’ve seen) plus they all want fully experienced blah blah… Same old merry-go-round with how do you get the experience…

For now, I’m home every night, take home is roughly the same as I was taking home at Maritime, but I do 7am - I finish (usually between 6 and 8.15 pm) Mon - Fri instead of 4am - 7pm monday, then 7am - 9pm tues, then 6am - 9pm wed etc etc etc…

The work’s much harder, the truck is much ■■■■■■■■ but when I’m done, I’m at home infront of the PC or out on my motorbike which I just can’t do whilst sleeping 300 miles away in a truck.

The Sarge:
Tramping out would do for me - that way the wife can drop me off on a Monday, and she’s got the car all week before picking me up (from the nearest pub to the yard) on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon :slight_smile:

Not too sure if my PMs are working, might have some jobs going at ours!

andi_cardiff:

The Sarge:

Not too sure if my PMs are working, might have some jobs going at ours!

do you work for Skint & Knackered?