Tramping v day shift

Hi everyone, happy new year. Just wondering what people’s opinions are on tramping compared to day work? I’ve only done day work but am considering having a go at tramping this year. All opinions welcome please.

Thanks.

Eh let me see,
Eh,
Mmm
Eh
Mmmmm
Ehh

its been done but hey ho,

are you married

do you have kids

if the answer is yes to both questions ,and you love your wife and treasure your kids then why would you want to be away from them all week or more .

if the answer is not married or can’t stand the fat bossy cow and the scrotes do your head in then have a go if you think your suited because it isn’t for every one ,it’s all i’ve ever done and the short time i did daywork to stop the long haired one whining it didn’t work so i got rid of her and went back tramping ,also i hated travelling to work every day. your choice

scrotumscratcher:
you love your wife

can’t stand the fat bossy cow

And that’s why I’m seriously thinking about going from 2 nights out a week to 4/5 a week, god my life’s a mess haha

If I were young and had no family, I suppose i’d possibly tramp.
But only if my company continue to put the driver up in a Hotel or B+B paid for by the employer.
Not happened in a few years though.
The last one was the Harry Potter book launch and it wasn’t me who did it.
There is no way I’d do a full night in the bunk at the back of the cab, That’s just for napping.

Never tramped and hope I’m never desperate enough to have to. I do purely day shifts starting anytime from 6/7 until 5ish on local work on tippers. I was offered to change from days to tipper tramper job on a previous job but turned it down point blank. I’ve also worked where there was a rota system on runs so I knew when I’d do a night out until my current job came along. I’m quite happy to have a sleeper cab and be prepared for the odd night out if the work dictates but sleeping all week in a cab? No thanks.

As said depends on your home life really & or if she can cope with you being away all week

For me I prefer tramping but atm doing night shift next best thing ( well when get back to work hope to start back in next few weeks ) but that is me

Remember if you are tramping you will have to buy all your own food prepare it cook it then wash up best thing is to do straight after never leave you have to put everything away as limited space find places to sleep etc

There’s also the option of 4 on and 4 off. And find a company who has an account with the MSAs, charge to the company but still get your night-out allowance.

I can only speak as a 25 year old single bloke, but I love tramping.

But as above, if you’ve got wife & kids and value family time then probably not for you.

I was a day man for 4 years, been tramping for the last 12 months and would never even consider going back. I’m 45 in a couple of weeks.

If your kids have grown up and your love life is in the doldrums then tramping can relight the flames of passion in a parting makes the heart grow fonder type way.
Catching ones wife in bed with another woman can be a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately for me it was the mother in law on a sleepover. I retreated to the sofa as my advances weren’t welcomed. Can’t say I didn’t try though.

Dipper_Dave:
If your kids have grown up and your love life is in the doldrums then tramping can relight the flames of passion in a parting makes the heart grow fonder type way.
Catching ones wife in bed with another woman can be a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately for me it was the mother in law on a sleepover. I retreated to the sofa as my advances weren’t welcomed. Can’t say I didn’t try though.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re a counsellors ■■■■■■■■■…

Dipper_Dave:

Were you naked when you walked in the bedroom? Were you erect when you walked out? :blush: :blush:

Some things can’t be unread :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dipper_Dave:

You didn’t try hard enough, 2/10 :laughing: :laughing:

Your best best is to get a get a job in a security hut on minimum wage and talk bollox to lorry drivers 24/7 telling them how rubbish the job is and how sad you are working for rubbish money ,PIMMPADDY is your man :unamused:

Dipper_Dave:

Is she a fit ■■■■, or an old boiler?
If the latter were you wearing your beergoggles. :smiley:

vikingpete:
Hi everyone, happy new year. Just wondering what people’s opinions are on tramping compared to day work? I’ve only done day work but am considering having a go at tramping this year. All opinions welcome please.

Thanks.

our company pays Day for 10 Hour Shift
£110.- Mon to Fri
£140.- Sat
£160.- Sun

wot wood ya get for Tramping?

Immigrant:

vikingpete:

Thanks.

our company pays Day for 10 Hour Shift
£110.- Mon to Fri
£140.- Sat
£160.- Sun

wot wood ya get for Tramping?

I can understand the extra pay for the weekend. Night workers will want more. Tramps, I suppose will be happy with anything that’s alcoholic. They’ll even fight each other for a pittance.

Please stop replying to or quoting the post of this total troll. If ignored sufficiently, it will go away. Hopefully, maybe even die