Can you do us a favour and run in

Why does this question keep comming up :unamused: , I mean who in there right mind would want to do 11 hrs in the truck then maybe a hour back to the yard for £18 , zb me at least make it worthwhile if you going to keep asking , what’s a extra load worth :question: £250 guessing , yet they want to pay £18 or what ever your hourly rate is , there should be a set rate , say £100, 5 hrs pay,
Nb I remember doing half hour back to yard as couldn’t
Get back and got paid about £3.80 by stobarts :question: :question: :exclamation: and the bloke dealing with
Pay said that’s all your entitled to , I spend more on food than I got paid :unamused: :smiling_imp:

Just say no

Is it FRIDAY AGAIN ! ? FFs

Ffs, dopy what happened to the extra 4 hours? Is wifey away tonight so boss doesn’t need you on a sat run in ?

You’ve lost me. Are you working from another depot or out of a customer’s yard all week but the local depot wants you to come in in your car for some reason?

cav551:
You’ve lost me. Are you working from another depot or out of a customer’s yard all week but the local depot wants you to come in in your car for some reason?

I think he means run in off a night out for a couple of hours pay?
Dozy we get min 8 hours in the week for a shift and minimum 6 on a Saturday which pays time and a half, Sunday no good as we are all at church praying for you!

Welcome back dozy mate. Can you just post from this account from now on please? The others aren’t as good as the original. And happy birthday for last weekend mate

Most drivers will have had the TM on the phone with a “Do-us-a favour”. It’s down to them how they respond.

For me: First thing was it must be legal - I am not breaking the law for you mate.

After that it would depend on the circumstances. I am a firm believer in building up the favour levels. Like The Godfather, they can lie dormant for ages, ready to be produced when I want a day off at short notice, or an early finish on a Friday. Even without that, it means that when there is some good job in the offing, it is me he/she will think of first.

Many “Do-us-a favours” involve very little effort, and money is not the only thing that matters.

dozy:
Why does this question keep comming up :unamused: , I mean who in there right mind would want to do 11 hrs in the truck then maybe a hour back to the yard for £18 , zb me at least make it worthwhile if you going to keep asking , what’s a extra load worth :question: £250 guessing , yet they want to pay £18 or what ever your hourly rate is , there should be a set rate , say £100, 5 hrs pay,
Nb I remember doing half hour back to yard as couldn’t
Get back and got paid about £3.80 by stobarts :question: :question: :exclamation: and the bloke dealing with
Pay said that’s all your entitled to , I spend more on food than I got paid :unamused: :smiling_imp:

See Doze if you work for the green supermarket brigade after a night out you go straight home with a days pay even if you’ve ran in from 10 minutes up the road, or you can work all day and have a day off another time in lieu.

Well I had 2 hrs to spare until I hit the a1 , ended up 17 mins over my time and at stunning ton diner , it’s not bosses fault but I’ve now got to do 11 hrs in truck and then 40 ish mins back to Grantham on morning for £18 , but I’ve got my friend to keep me company

Santa:
Most drivers will have had the TM on the phone with a “Do-us-a favour”. It’s down to them how they respond.

For me: First thing was it must be legal - I am not breaking the law for you mate.

After that it would depend on the circumstances. I am a firm believer in building up the favour levels. Like The Godfather, they can lie dormant for ages, ready to be produced when I want a day off at short notice, or an early finish on a Friday. Even without that, it means that when there is some good job in the offing, it is me he/she will think of first.

Many “Do-us-a favours” involve very little effort, and money is not the only thing that matters.

The problem is though, that for many bosses, favours are a one way street.

OVLOV JAY:
Welcome back dozy mate. Can you just post from this account from now on please? The others aren’t as good as the original. And happy birthday for last weekend mate

I only have one account seriously jay , and thanks for birthday wishes , 9 yrs until I can chuck the keys at someone :wink: , how this job/ me have changed over the years , they used to say I wish we had more drivers like you , now they say I wish we had one less :exclamation: :exclamation:

dozy:
Well I had 2 hrs to spare until I hit the a1 , ended up 17 mins over my time and at stunning ton diner , it’s not bosses fault but I’ve now got to do 11 hrs in truck and then 40 ish mins back to Grantham on morning for £18 , but I’ve got my friend to keep me company

17 mins over your time?
I thought you just got a mega fine a few weeks back doze, wtf are you playing at?.

the nodding donkey:

Santa:

The problem is though, that for many bosses, favours are a one way street.

If it’s a one way street then it’s not a company I want to work for, I myself have a good agreement with my planner.
If he needs something out of my usual scope, then he gives me something for my trouble, an example being that if he requests an early start Monday I’ll finish early the Friday before and after.

And next Friday I’ve requested to be home at lunchtime, so the following week I’ve agreed to work Saturday morning. Swings and roundabouts, and never been a need for cross words between us in 4 months.

To be fair this week is not his fault , I had plenty of time to spare but they shut the a1 and I was stuck on it , that’s just Lorry driving , my argument was when they ask you to do it

dozy:
To be fair this week is not his fault , I had plenty of time to spare but they shut the a1 and I was stuck on it , that’s just Lorry driving , my argument was when they ask you to do it

Sorry, but you really are a fool. Or an excellent troll, I will go with the latter. Absolutely no excuses to constantly be like you. I would say you are a danger to other road users. Quit driving and go back to stacking shelves.