£400 lost in mins

Well I got the phone call fri were desperate for green fleet drivers will you work o/t this sat / sun , we’re offering £200 bonus per shift if you’ll do it , no I don’t do o/t , 4 nights out is enough for me , are you sure it’s £200 on top ofbyour normal pay , why don’t you pay this all year round or put hourly rate up :question: , and no again , can’t answer you mate on normal pay , but there’s £200 if you’ll work a shift this weekend , were desperate , no I don’t want to do a extra night out , I want to go home , ok , 5 mins later , what if go home tonight , have night at home and come in morning :question: , zb hell is it a sensible shift ( not that I’d believe them anyway ) , yes I’ll look after you mate for helping me out , well I’ll say yes when I get to yard tonight , I’m sorry but I don’t trust you .
So gets back at 16.15 , says yes and can you start 3 , yea ok but I want a sensible shift , so gets up at 2 this morning and off to work , arrives but my trucks not there so gets given another :smiling_imp: , so puts card in and does manual entry from 16.15 to 2.57 , does checks and tacho has insufficient daily rest up on it :confused: , ■■■■ ive put in wrong mode for daily rest , so does a print out and no it’s rest , wtf , so then it clicked ive done 3 x 15 already , I needed 11 hrs off , I’ve only had apx 10 hr 45 , so goes in t.o and says I can’t drive , I’ve not had enough rest ( bloke looks bemused ) , can’t go out , if I get pulled vosa will park me up for 11 hrs for insuffient rest , it’s this extra shift , I’m used to my routine of 5 days , and getting up at 2 am im not with it , bloke was alright in end , understood I wouldn’t go out .
But zb me , get up at 2 am , home by 3.30 , not paid , and £400 short , :unamused: :unamused: , never mind retire I’m going for a lie down

Sir you should have known your own hours you only have yourself to blame
And were you going to do the two shifts

I do wonder, every time i read a dozy story, is he a real person that walks amount us, trained by McDonalds!!

The obvious answer here would have been to have said “■■■■■■■■ to the tachograph” and kept your fingers crossed that you weren’t stopped by the VOSA in the next couple of months. :stuck_out_tongue:

By putting his card in and doing a manual entry before 11 hours has passed hasn’t he already reduced his rest and earned an infringement?

98986b112f957700c93dee61f11dc9148cbf01a0a6fcc4d79fbd768e2eafd24d.jpg

It appears something slipped past premod :unamused:

Harry Monk:
The obvious answer here would have been to have said “■■■■■■■■ to the tachograph” and kept your fingers crossed that you weren’t stopped by the VOSA in the next couple of months. :stuck_out_tongue:

^
This. Sod getting up at 2am going to the yard then back home again…just wing it… :stuck_out_tongue:

dozy:
Well I got the phone call fri were desperate for green fleet drivers will you work o/t this sat / sun , we’re offering £200 bonus per shift if you’ll do it , no I don’t do o/t , 4 nights out is enough for me , are you sure it’s £200 on top ofbyour normal pay , why don’t you pay this all year round or put hourly rate up :question: , and no again , can’t answer you mate on normal pay , but there’s £200 if you’ll work a shift this weekend , were desperate , no I don’t want to do a extra night out , I want to go home , ok , 5 mins later , what if go home tonight , have night at home and come in morning :question: , zb hell is it a sensible shift ( not that I’d believe them anyway ) , yes I’ll look after you mate for helping me out , well I’ll say yes when I get to yard tonight , I’m sorry but I don’t trust you .
So gets back at 16.15 , says yes and can you start 3 , yea ok but I want a sensible shift , so gets up at 2 this morning and off to work , arrives but my trucks not there so gets given another :smiling_imp: , so puts card in and does manual entry from 16.15 to 2.57 , does checks and tacho has insufficient daily rest up on it :confused: , [zb] ive put in wrong mode for daily rest , so does a print out and no it’s rest , wtf , so then it clicked ive done 3 x 15 already , I needed 11 hrs off , I’ve only had apx 10 hr 45 , so goes in t.o and says I can’t drive , I’ve not had enough rest ( bloke looks bemused ) , can’t go out , if I get pulled vosa will park me up for 11 hrs for insuffient rest , it’s this extra shift , I’m used to my routine of 5 days , and getting up at 2 am im not with it , bloke was alright in end , understood I wouldn’t go out .
But zb me , get up at 2 am , home by 3.30 , not paid , and £400 short , :unamused: :unamused: , never mind retire I’m going for a lie down

Simply answer.At Cristmas time people buy much much more than ussualy.So need extra delivery for Tesco .So Stobart busy at this moment.But after 1 week most drivers will ask overtime and not all get extra shift for normal rate but some shift will short because less waiting time.It is simply bussines.We needed when needed.Lorry must carry load but not air.

dozy:
So gets back at 16.15 , says yes and can you start 3 , yea ok but I want a sensible shift , so gets up at 2 this morning and off to work , arrives but my trucks not there so gets given another :smiling_imp: , so puts card in and does manual entry from 16.15 to 2.57 , does checks and tacho has insufficient daily rest up on it :confused: , [zb] ive put in wrong mode for daily rest , so does a print out and no it’s rest , wtf , so then it clicked ive done 3 x 15 already , I needed 11 hrs off , I’ve only had apx 10 hr 45 , so goes in t.o and says I can’t drive , I’ve not had enough rest ( bloke looks bemused ) , can’t go out , if I get pulled vosa will park me up for 11 hrs for insuffient rest , it’s this extra shift , I’m used to my routine of 5 days , and getting up at 2 am im not with it , bloke was alright in end , understood I wouldn’t go out .

What you think it is VOSA,Stobart,Eastern European fault if you enter not correct manual entry??

That would be gutting thing to do.

But will vosa stil not pick up on it either way now?

Andrejs:

dozy:

What you think it is VOSA,Stobart,Eastern European fault if you enter not correct manual entry??

Wouldn’t make a blind bit of difference what was entered as a manual entry, the man has used his reduced rests during his normal working week, being extra shifts doesn’t allow him to have an extra 9hr rest even if he does work for Stobarts.

Andrejs:

dozy:

Simply answer.At Cristmas time people buy much much more than ussualy.So need extra delivery for Tesco .So Stobart busy at this moment.But after 1 week most drivers will ask overtime and not all get extra shift for normal rate but some shift will short because less waiting time.It is simply bussines.We needed when needed.Lorry must carry load but not air.

English lessons better again? No garbled speaky now, much?

Thank you please.

Loosing £400 is nowt. On another thread RobRoy says he has lost millions of quid EVERY week!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Come on dozy with your experience you must have known you needed 11 when they asked you or if you didn’t worked it out at the time so you could have said, I can work but I can’t start until such and such a time. In fact that’s not even a beginners error, that’s just stupid for not keeping track of your self! Merry Christmas

For any younger drivers reading this who are wondering if this sort of thing actually happens, the answer is No.

In the real world a tramper or normal driver will know his break requirements automatically and even if by some freak occurrence one does do a manual entry to early the simple option is to just stick it on break for another 15mins do a printout and write on it:
“Card inserted too early due to time calculation error”.

Our friends at the DVSA will see this as a strange but not totally impossible mistake and only give one a lite dry ■■■■■■■. Unless it’s a regular occurrence.

One would then carry on with the shift and pocket the cash.

123smith:
By putting his card in and doing a manual entry before 11 hours has passed hasn’t he already reduced his rest and earned an infringement?

Yes.

Can’t imagine for the life of me where you got your username from.

As above, can’t think where you got the idea for your username from.

Do you need someone to keep track of the hours you work, breaks you take each day, and rest you require between shifts? Surely that’s Tachograph basics…?

In case you’re not just a troll… How come you’re still employed? You’re a walking liability