Can you do us a favour.......?

Got a phone call last asking if I could cover the trunk again, yeah sure so I goes in and then was told when I’m done i’ll be doing my own run…
Cue a 13.5hr day :imp:

DAF95XF:
Got a phone call last asking if I could cover the trunk again, yeah sure so I goes in and then was told when I’m done i’ll be doing my own run…

Hi Stu, some would be pleased to get a day’s work, and a 13.5hr day surely isn’t so bad in these troubled times.

:open_mouth: Other posters might put it differently though mate. :wink:

You got to see me…which made the night even worse, make sure you clean behind your ears tonight fella :sunglasses:

Yep, I got 6 hours today, 6 yesterday and 7 sunday…not what I need at all!

whats up with that :question: sounds like an early finish. :bulb:

DAF95XF:

What have you gone part time now :open_mouth:

Not sure what you are moaning about I would be happy with doing those hours most days its what this job is all about if you dont like it get another job :stuck_out_tongue:
Seriously though no need for the big moan there are lads on here who do 15 hour days 3 times a week all year round you wont get any sympathy :laughing:

DAF95XF:
Cue a 13.5hr day :evil:

whats wrong with that :question: :question: i get some days like that and just get on with it - better than no job at all :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

DAF95XF:

Are you sure you cut out for a job in the haulage industry?
9 to 5 jobs are in perfume factorys try there :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i would relish the chance to get that many hours in :smiley:

Yet another thread dominated by macho, yet thick drivers…This industry is so far behind every other aspect of industry that it makes me laugh…Dinosaurs are us… :laughing: :laughing:
Knobbers.

att:
Yet another thread dominated by macho, yet thick drivers…This industry is so far behind every other aspect of industry that it makes me laugh…Dinosaurs are us… :laughing: :laughing:
Knobbers.

Spit it out then what are you saying :question: :question: :question:

DAF95XF:

it looks like it will now be your job 3 times a week daf, now the boss has seen you can get the trunk and your job done in 13.5 hrs :laughing: :laughing: , should of had a few problems, run out of hours then youd only be doing your job on a night :exclamation: :exclamation:

att:
Knobbers.

whats wrong with earning a bit more dough :question:

think whats hes saying why should we work 15hrs a day 60 plus hrs a week to make a
decent enough living
many on here couldnt survive on basic hours

certainly when I was on the tramping 13.5 hours was an easy day and by the end of it I would be feeling like I’m cheating the company by working so little lol. Seems an offy waste of a 15. I would hang it out to 14 hours 59 minutes :sunglasses: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

13.5hrs sounds good to me at £13 an hour on nights but it does seem a waste not to drag it out for the 15hrs :unamused: happy days

It depends what your paid on, 13.5hrs on hourly rate no complaints. 13.5hrs on a salary based on a lesser houred working day crap.

graham schroeder:
think whats hes saying why should we work 15hrs a day 60 plus hrs a week to make a
decent enough living

Because ATT was probably attracted to the industry by the lies on roundabout billboards promising regular earnings of 40k for only 3 or 4 days training, then found out the truth after he passed his test

graham schroeder:

Thats why when I start on the trunk (officially) they are changing things around for me to get the hours in as as it is the trunk is upto Northampton, do the drop and swap, drive back and then finish, a total of 6 hours which is not good.