Can police speed cammeras

the ones in vans , pick up if your using a hand held , mate says NO , only focus on number plate , i recon they can , thought i read somewhere someone getting done that way .ta

should read hand held mobile phone

dont let vosa catch you son hgv suspended for a fortnight maybe more if they see you or police grass you up to vosa

There was that woman a while back got done for putting her make up on whilst driving by a speed camera bod. :open_mouth:

edit: Found the news story

there was also a guy who had been done the previous week/month caught at 28mph.
Problem was he was sticking two fingers up with both hands as he went past.
He got done for dangerous driving IIRC. :laughing:

Twas in the national papers last year i think dunno which one though

Speed cameras get the whole vehicle so you will be nice and visible with mobile phone in hand if it’s a clear enough image, and I would imagine they can do you. There’ll be teams of cops trawling through roadside CCTV cameras soon looking for footage of drivers on mobiles no doubt, already being used to issue parking tickets now.

There was a story on BBC news a while back that the cops are using a new DVD recording version of the van-based speed camera. If they think they saw something dodgdy, such as phone use, they can rewind and double check then use the footage as reason to prosecute!

Driver at our place got done for no seat belt, ‘courtesy’ of a speed camera.

Yes you can, when I was in the job I used the “Talivan” and have reported offences other than the speeding including, no seat belt, using a mobile phone, andsue care.

All because of the picture,

Once pulled up on the A61 to do last drop of the day 2ft from the back doors of a “camera van” the look on plod’s face was priceless
as all he could see was the DAF badge on the front of my truck :smiley:
waved as they drove away after packing up but didn’t wave back :cry:

matchbox:
Driver at our place got done for no seat belt, ‘courtesy’ of a speed camera.

This is becoming common place in the north east - you`ve been warned !!!