I went through a speed camera today

But when I passed it, I noticed it wasn’t the police, it was some private company, I’m not sure if I was under the 30mph limit. It was at the roadworks at Magna Park, Lutterworth, if I get fined, maybe I can just ignore it, like I have done with private companies parking tickets, what do you think?

I 100% wouldn’t ignore it if you even end up getting a fine.

Sploom:
But when I passed it, I noticed it wasn’t the police, it was some private company, I’m not sure if I was under the 30mph limit. It was at the roadworks at Magna Park, Lutterworth, if I get fined, maybe I can just ignore it, like I have done with private companies parking tickets, what do you think?

Are private companies doing speed checks now?
Ffs! :unamused:

Did it actually have an operative with a camera in the back or just a van with a camera sticker on the back?

if camera was in roadworks. its possible it could of been one there for the road workers to catch speeding tipper drivers in road works area in which case no need to worry.
as they seem to be appearing in a lot of roadworks lately. think carnells operate them. and there there to enforce the 10mph in the roadworks area.

Sploom:
I’m not sure if I was under the 30mph limit. ?

That really…

Is the kinda thing you need to know.

It had orange flashing lights on the back and lots of stickers indicating it was a speed camera van.
I do normally stick to speed limits but I was using cruise set at 48 kmh, but the last driver had it set in mph so it started accelerating towards 48 mph instead of 48 kmh

Nothing to worry about unless you were illegally driving through roadworks or were speeding or behaving dangerously within them.

Part of the idiotic blame/safety culture that now pervades every aspect of our lives and one of the reasons any major project in the UK takes 4 times longer and costs three times more than it would in any other country on the planet.

Somebody gets paid to spy on other people going about their business, you couldn’t make it up.

carnellgroup.co.uk/solutions/safetycam/

How did you manage to fit your big lorry through that little camera :question: :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

ROG:

How did you manage to fit your big lorry through that little camera :question: :wink: :unamused: :laughing:

Not a problem providing you remember that with enough time, patience and lube an elephant can deflower a gnat! :blush:

It doesn’t need a copper with a pointy hat to climb up a ladder, and install a camera on a pole to make it a legal speed camera.
Edit to add.
Many/all forensic labs are private today. It isn’t coppers and civil service anymore. As with so many other things being done ‘on the cheap’ there are issues here.

the little window has to be open when taking pictures if it was closed youre ok

The two windows at the back were open, just like the police camera vans

More likely its a camera to monitor the speeds through the roadworks mainly for the safety of the workforce

Yes, it was a carnells van, they claim to be passing details to the police and drivers getting prosecuted.
carnellgroup.co.uk/solutions/safetycam/

let us know if you get a summons then?
ive blasted past several after a momentary hiccup to the speed i was doing then realising its not a plod type camera van and ive never heard anything yet over the years.
all the wording on their website is cunningly vague similar to tv licensing letters and parking penalties.

I think if you read the website carefully they are 1.Reporting any vehicle on site that exceeds 10mph to site management basically so they can be warned / banned from site etc. 2. Reporting any vehicle that diverts into the roadworks area for spurious reasons, like dodging the queue etc. to the police for possible prosecution (quite rightly in my opinion ).
If they are doing any monitoring of live lane speeds it is only to be able to justify asking for more police presence etc. if a hgh level of “non-compliance” is found.
I don’t know that all that is definitely correct right now but that’s how it was a couple of years ago.

Its a cameravan for the roadworks dont worry