Speeding speed camera van CAUGHT!

The speed for a commercial vehicle under 7.5 ton is 50 M.P.H. on as single carriageway so why is this guy from the Lincolnshire Police doing 50+ , is it because he takes the pictures of speeders so he is exempt?..

He is only a few miles per hour over the limit but that would be enough for me and you to get a ticket.

Sorry about the quality…

dscf0098.avi

Heres a clearer picture of his number plate…

img378.imageshack.us/img378/9956/dscf00993nz.jpg

Or this one

img380.imageshack.us/img380/9234/dscf00996vk.jpg

I have no idea who took the video as obviously that would be illegal to use a video camera whilst driving :wink:

jammymutt:
why is this guy from the Lincolnshire Police doing 50+ , is it because he takes the pictures of speeders so he is exempt?

No, not at all! He’s doing slightly over 50 due to the fact that he’s steering with his knees whilst opening his packet of crisps/sandwiches (pork of course) and unscrewing the top on his bottle of coke, before he reaches across to find an early Sting CD (see what I did there? :wink: ) in the glove box. :laughing:

Tramper:
before he reaches across to find an early Sting CD (see what I did there?

I saw, very good. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have no idea who took the video as obviously that would be illegal to use a video camera whilst driving …

Yep and even more stupid than exceding the speed limit by 5mph.

Is you average transit speedo and the car speedo it’s compared against in the video actuall that acurate? :wink:

jammymutt:
I have no idea who took the video as obviously that would be illegal to use a video camera whilst driving :wink:

Ahh, then what you want is a dashboard / windscreen camera mount and a remote trigger cable. Remember to switch the flash off and the camera to automatic and sport mode :smiley: :smiley: then you just reach down and press the trigger cable.

They are available. I have one for my DSLR :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

dennisw1:
Is you average transit speedo and the car speedo it’s compared against in the video actuall that acurate? :wink:

Who knows but you still get the points and pay the fine whether your speedo is exact or not, but if your the guy who takes the photos of the speeding vehivcles on that stretch of road then you can do what speed you want cant you?.

whos got a cannon 350 then

jammymutt:

dennisw1:

Who knows but you still get the points and pay the fine whether your speedo is exact or not, but if your the guy who takes the photos of the speeding vehivcles on that stretch of road then you can do what speed you want cant you?.

No, but his speedo might be a lot more accurate than the vehicle that took the video. I’ve driven a Renault Master which read 79 mph on the speedo when my GPS read 70. A GPS is way more accurate than a vehicle speedo for constant speeds. Most cars I’ve driven over-read by at least 5% at that sort of speed. It’s certainly possible that he was actually driving at the speed limit, and that the following vehicle was over-reading.

Also, I’m not entirely sure how they define “car-derived vans up to 2 tonnes maximum laden weight”. Since the transit is probably under 2 tonnes MLW, it might be possible to argue that the speed limit is actually 60.

hitch:

Nope, I’m a Konica Minolta person :wink:

Saratoga:

hitch:

Me too, canon are flimsy nasty and Over priced.

Minolta Dynax 7D fr me.
I was a press photographer once.

dennisw1:

Saratoga:

hitch:

Me too, canon are flimsy nasty and Over priced.

Minolta Dynax 7D fr me.
I was a press photographer once.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: Bows to oh thou’s greater knowledge. Z3 and 5D merely :wink: Sorry. I’ll stop sidetracking!!!

MrFlibble:
Also, I’m not entirely sure how they define “car-derived vans up to 2 tonnes maximum laden weight”. Since the transit is probably under 2 tonnes MLW, it might be possible to argue that the speed limit is actually 60.

Transit isnt a car derived van.

I have never seen a Transit made to look likea car so there no way in hell it is a car derived van.

It is a "goods vehicle not eceeding 7.5 tonnes maximum weight " Therefore on a single carriageway it is limited to 50 m.p.h.
highwaycode.gov.uk/09.htm#103

You’ve never seen a Ford Tourneo then? It’s an MPV based on the transit.

Thing is ‘car derived van’ is a misnomer these days as few vans are derived from cars. The old ■■■■■■ van was mearly an ■■■■■■ with van back end, the Transit Connect though is a purpose designed van as is the renault Kangoo. You could argue that say the renault kangoo uses the same engine and gearbox unit as the Clio, however you could then say the FWD transits use the Ford Mondeo engine and box.

We all know what kind of vehicle it applies to though, i suspect that at some point some one will test the term in court and they stand a fair chance of winning.

i was mearly ilustrating the point that videoing a vehicle with a camera phone and comparing the speed against another cars speedo isnt the most scientific of checks.

You’ll also notice the ACPO guide lines state something like a 2%+2mph leeway, so if your car speedo was over reading slightly and his under reading by this degree then he could well of been sitting at 50 or less acording to his speedo.
Obviously if you feel so strongly about it i’m sure you can pass your evidence to lincolnshire police.