Can I work without license in my hand? (just passed)

Hi, I passed my class 2 yesterday and the tester took my license to send of to dvla telling me I should get my new one soon and obviously gave me my pass certificate.

I was hoping to get some work next week with some agencies but will this be a problem without the license? or is the pass certificate enough evidence?, how have others got round this, I dont fancy sitting waiting for the postie every day before I can start working, could be weeks (but maybe just days)

Thanks

Yes you can but it all depends on the employer if they will allow it. For instance my License is currently off at DVLA but the company ive joined for Class 1 only have a copy of my pass certificate as proof.

As long as you have a Drivers card then I believe you can start driving. Its down to your employer though.

Do you have the paper counterpart of your licence, without it no agency is likely to give you the time of day let alone a job.

Since it is an agency, they will say that they need a copy of your licence before they can get you work.

you could try company’s direct to see if they have any jobs going and give then a copy of you pass certificate if they ask for a copy of your licence.

tachograph:
Do you have the paper counterpart of your licence, without it no agency is likely to give you the time of day let alone a job.

within 3 months that will not be an issue

I passed recently and none of the agencies would give me work until my new licence came through. Only took 8 days. My new counterpart echoes what Peter is saying - it says the counterpart will be invalid after the 8th June this year.
PS this:-
gov.uk/view-driving-licence
will take you to where you can see all the details of your licence.
Good luck :slight_smile:

If you check online here: View your driving licence information, when your entitlements are added on, Cat C (and C1 if you didn’t have it already) will be dated from the day you passed your test (13th). CE (and C1E again if you didn’t already have it) will be from when they put the entitlements on your licence (maybe 22nd? No idea).

Agencies don’t want to know if you haven’t got your licence. The one wouldn’t even tell me if I’d passed the “geography test” and all the other stuff. (I did get Glasgow and Aberdeen mixed up. And I have no idea where Monkspath is. Or Cheltnam (but I guessed the m-way right!).

But yeah best of luck to you!