Can I do this?

My brain doesn’t wanna play ball tonight so I need a little help please;

Worked 5 nights last week - 45.25hrs
working wed,thu,fri (nights) this week
start a full 6day week on sunday night

I don’t think I’ll get 45hrs in this weekend coming (working friday and back again sunday) so I think I’ll have to have a long weekend the following weekend - is that right?

for example, the weekend in question;

work friday night, back for about 5am then start again on sunday at 19:00 so 36hrs (if I’ve got that right) so I’m into a split weekly rest, if I add the “missing” 9hrs to the following weekend I’ve set it straight again right?

Providing you have taken a minimum of 45 hours weekly rest prior to Wednesday this week, you can reduce this weekend to 36 hours weekly rest and work 6 shifts next week.

Bob

Aye, haven’t worked since friday so no worries there, thankyou.

darkseeker:
My brain doesn’t wanna play ball tonight so I need a little help please;

Worked 5 nights last week - 45.25hrs
working wed,thu,fri (nights) this week
start a full 6day week on sunday night

I don’t think I’ll get 45hrs in this weekend coming (working friday and back again sunday) so I think I’ll have to have a long weekend the following weekend - is that right?

for example, the weekend in question;

work friday night, back for about 5am then start again on sunday at 19:00 so 36hrs (if I’ve got that right) so I’m into a split weekly rest, if I add the “missing” 9hrs to the following weekend I’ve set it straight again right?

As long as you had a regular 45 hour weekly rest for last week you’ll be fine, you will need a 45 hour weekly rest next week but you already know that :wink:

You can pay back the compensation any-time by the end of the third week following this week by adding it onto any rest period of at least 9 hours.

I was writing as you posted your last post :wink:

It looks like you had a full weekly rest last week and this week, it also looks like you will be having a full weekly rest period next week after the six shifts so there will be no compensation to pay back, the reduced weekly rest at the end of this week will just serve the purpose of allowing you to start a new set six 24 hour periods.

tachograph:
I was writing as you posted your last post :wink:

It looks like you had a full weekly rest last week and this week, it also looks like you will be having a full weekly rest period next week after the six shifts so there will be no compensation to pay back, the reduced weekly rest at the end of this week will just serve the purpose of allowing you to start a new set six 24 hour periods.

Can’t get my head round that bit mate -

Yes I’ve had 45hrs last week and four days running this weekend 18th-21st, next weekend I’ll only get 36hrs

doesn’t that mean I need to add the 9hrs compensation to the next weekend or the weekend after? If I have to compensate, I’d rather do it asap because, knowing me, I’ll forget if I dont :laughing:

just lose a tachograph or 2 who is to know.

Correct me If I’ve got this wrong but the way I understand it is this:
You had a 45 hour weekly rest last week and did not work Monday or Tuesday this week so you’ve also had a 45 hour weekly rest for this week, (correct ?)

On Sunday of this week you will start the first of 6 shifts, the rest period from Saturday morning to Sunday night of this week will be the second weekly rest period you have had this week (first Monday and Tuesday was a full weekly rest then part of Saturday and part of Sunday which will be a reduced weekly rest period).

As you’ve already had a full weekly rest this week the reduced weekly rest on Saturday/Sunday will not need compensation as the regulations only require you to have one full weekly rest in any week.

As you know you can only work six 24 hour periods before needing a weekly rest or a reduced weekly rest, the reduced weekly rest on Saturday/Sunday of this week will only serve to allow you to start a new set of six 24 hour periods that you can work, you’ve already had a full weekly rest (Monday/Tuesday).

As you have had full weekly rest periods both last week and this week you are up-to date and owing nothing in compensation so when you’ve finished the 6 shifts starting Sunday night you will be able to choose whether to have a full weekly rest period or a reduced weekly rest period which will count for next week.

Hope that makes more sense but if not let me know and I’ll’ try to make it clearer :wink:

Gates:

Well if he’s on a digital tachograph I’d say anyone who checks it will know, if he’s on an analogue tachograph the company he’s driving for will know soon enough if they’re doing their job right.

Gates:

lol, sadly it’s on a card but i’ll tell ya a little story;

Earlier this year I got pulled by vosa, I was driving on a digi-card and had left my paper charts at home - only 4 related to the last 28 days. I told the guy everything for the last 28 days was all on the card which seemed to work to start with. He downloaded everything from the vehicle unit and took me to his office to check it.

That’s when it came; “can you get your agencies to send your timesheets to this number”

:open_mouth:

well that’s not on here, that’s not, that’s not…

Result? £200 fine :blush: I wasn’t being dishonest, I’d just not picked them up that morning; I had nothing to hide :frowning:

Thanks tacho, I didn’t know you could do it like that but as long as you’re sure, that’s good enough for me :wink:

I’m sure Gates was only joking.

darkseeker:
Thanks tacho, I didn’t know you could do it like that but as long as you’re sure, that’s good enough for me :wink:

I’m sure and I’m also sure Coffeeholic will confirm what I’ve said when he sees the thread :wink:

darkseeker:
I’m sure Gates was only joking.

Yes I think so too :wink:

Interesting story of yours though, and shows that you can never know exactly what to expect when you get stopped :open_mouth:

darkseeker:

Gates:

lol, sadly it’s on a card but i’ll tell ya a little story;

Earlier this year I got pulled by vosa, I was driving on a digi-card and had left my paper charts at home - only 4 related to the last 28 days. I told the guy everything for the last 28 days was all on the card which seemed to work to start with. He downloaded everything from the vehicle unit and took me to his office to check it.

That’s when it came; “can you get your agencies to send your timesheets to this number”

:open_mouth:

well that’s not on here, that’s not, that’s not…

Result? £200 fine :blush: I wasn’t being dishonest, I’d just not picked them up that morning; I had nothing to hide :frowning:

You’ve just reminded me - have to hand in some paper charts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

tachograph:

darkseeker:

I’m sure and I’m also sure Coffeeholic will confirm what I’ve said when he sees the thread :wink:

He will, that rest will not require compensating for. I remember the multi page thread we had on here trying to convince people this was the case, happy days. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

However,

tachograph:
As you’ve already had a full weekly rest this week the reduced weekly rest on Saturday/Sunday will not need compensation as the regulations only require you to have one full weekly rest in any week.

The word full is surplus to requirements here. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: The regulations only require you to have one weekly rest period per week so if you had two reduced weekly rest periods in the same week only one would need compensating.

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

darkseeker:

He will, that rest will not require compensating for. I remember the multi page thread we had on here trying to convince people this was the case, happy days. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed :wink:

Coffeeholic:
However,

tachograph:

The word full is surplus to requirements here. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: The regulations only require you to have one weekly rest period per week so if you had two reduced weekly rest periods in the same week only one would need compensating.

Ah yes I’ve added something to the regulations with that word haven’t I :blush:

Of course I only added the word “full” to keep you on your toes you know :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: