Need a bit of help asap please;

I’m having a spot of trouble working this out but can see it’s simple - my brain’s just not interested!

I’ve been asked to work a full week for a client next week and expect to be up to somewhere near 50-60hrs total work so I’m checking over my hours for last week to see if I should turn it down. I’ve not worked my driving time out yet but would say it’s about 40hrs for last week.

Last week I got back from a long weekend away so that’s where my weekly rest was - the first day I worked was wednesday, I then did 6 days and am now on the second day of a weekly rest. The total for those 6 days was 54hours (work, minus breaks) and the last day I worked was monday.

I’ll be starting a new week tomorow. Thursday and friday I’m working, I’ve got nothing saturday or sunday sofar but then they want me to do monday to saturday 02:00 starts. Can I do that??

I’m thinking I can as long as I have the weekend off but wanted to check. To be honest I’d rather not do this perticular job so was hoping I’d find I can’t do it but I think I can.

Any help much appreciated…

Be careful -
DRIVING TIME & WORKING TIME is calculated from sunday midnight to sunday midnight and not over the last 6 days you worked

You will need those figures first before any DRIVING TIME can be worked out
WORKING TIME is calculated over a 17 orr 26 week period so don’t bother trying to work that out

WORKING TIME is calculated from sunday midnight to sunday midnight and the max in any one week is 60 hours

WORKING TIME is only driving & other work added together - not the time from start to end of shift

I’ll be starting a new week tomorow. Thursday and friday I’m working, I’ve got nothing saturday or sunday sofar but then they want me to do monday to saturday 02:00 starts. Can I do that??

Seems ok from the weekly rest point of view
0200 starts means that you may have to comform to the rules on night WORK but that depends if their is an opt out in place or not

:open_mouth: I’m not doing very well lately, I thought I’d got hours etc sussed finaly but it’s rare for me to do more than a few days a week. o.k. Sunday to sunday;

Wednesday; 06:30 - 12:15 minus break = 5.75hrs
thursday; 05:00 - 13:15 minus break = 7.5hrs
friday; 04:30 - 15:30 minus break = 10.75hrs
Saturday; 06:00 - 18:30 minus break = 11.75hrs

Total; 35.75hrs

Sunday; 04:30 - 12:30 = 7.25hrs
monday: 06:00 - 17:45 = 11hrs
Total= 18.25
Tues = rest
Weds = rest
thurs onwards?

Thurs & fri have now been cancelled so problem solved (sort of).

darkseeker:
:shock: I’m not doing very well lately, I thought I’d got hours etc sussed finaly but it’s rare for me to do more than a few days a week. o.k. Sunday to sunday;

Wednesday; 06:30 - 12:15 minus break = 5.75hrs
thursday; 05:00 - 13:15 minus break = 7.5hrs
friday; 04:30 - 15:30 minus break = 10.75hrs
Saturday; 06:00 - 18:30 minus break = 11.75hrs

Total; 35.75hrs

Sunday; 04:30 - 12:30 = 7.25hrs
monday: 06:00 - 17:45 = 11hrs
Total= 18.25
Tues = rest
Weds = rest
thurs onwards?

Thurs & fri have now been cancelled so problem solved (sort of).

I haven’t read all the post yet but just a mention on the above regarding your hours and breaks.

Weds should maybe read 5 hours after your break?
Thurs is correct
Fri should be 10.25

Rest are correct.

:sunglasses:

Argh! I’m off back to bed :laughing: I dunno what’s wrong with me these last few days :blush:

Anyway the job I was trying to find a way out of has now been cancelled because they wanted me to do the following monday and tuesday but I can’t do the monday so lost the lot :grimacing: I know it’s just a sign of how pathetic agencies can be but for a change it’s actually worked out well for me as it’s not the nicest of jobs :smiley:

From the hours you posted on your WORK time you got no probs in that Dept

From looking at those WORK hours there is obviously no problems with driving time either

At the moment, you could legally do 60 hours WORK including 56 hours DRIVING next WEEK

Yeah, I can see it now. Generally I’m fairly good with driving hours and even the wtd but for some reason I just couldn’t get my head round it today :laughing: Thanks again Rog.

As it stands at the moment though, I’m not booked to be anywhere from today onwards :unamused: apart from something completely different I’ve booked for myself on the 5th :wink:

darkseeker:
I’m having a spot of trouble working this out but can see it’s simple - my brain’s just not interested!

I’ve been asked to work a full week for a client next week and expect to be up to somewhere near 50-60hrs total work so I’m checking over my hours for last week to see if I should turn it down. I’ve not worked my driving time out yet but would say it’s about 40hrs for last week.

Last week I got back from a long weekend away so that’s where my weekly rest was - the first day I worked was wednesday, I then did 6 days and am now on the second day of a weekly rest. The total for those 6 days was 54hours (work, minus breaks) and the last day I worked was monday.

Yes.

Double posted!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

instructorone:

Coffeeholic:

darkseeker:

Yes.

Short, sharp and to the point. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

instructorone:
Short, sharp and to the point

Yes but Sometimes, not always, being given the underpinning knowledge can be very useful

ROG:

instructorone:

Yes but Sometimes, not always, being given the underpinning knowledge can be very useful

Never said it wasn’t, just made me smile with its simplicity.

:smiley: :smiley:

instructorone:

ROG:

instructorone:

Never said it wasn’t, just made me smile with its simplicity.

:smiley: :smiley:

Simple question only required a simple answer, no need for a lot of extra ■■■■■■■■ in this case.