Weekly rest query?

Hi guys and gals

i was wondering whether any one could help me with a weekly rest question i have?

What it is, is that i have worked the last two saturdays, plus during the week both weeks, so worked a total of 5 days the first week and 6days the second week with both sundays off, on the first saturday i had 9 hrs off on the firady and then started at 6 am sat morning and worked till 3 pm sat afternoon, i started work on the tuesday at 5 am beacuase of the bank holiday just gone, i also worked last saturday gone again i had 9hrs off on the friday and started at 6:30 am on sat morning and finshed at 3 on sat afternoon. I started work on Monday at 5am,
So my question is, What time do i need to finish tomorrow to pay back the right amount of time??

hope this makes sense

many thankx

alex

In the first week you had more than 45 hrs weekly rest.

Last week you had 38 hrs weekly rest, so you have to make 7 hrs up by the end of the 3rd week.

You will need 45 hrs rest this week.

You don’t have to make up any time unless you have reduced in previous weeks prior to the bank holiday and have not paid it back yet en bloc.

So becuase i had more then 45 hrs the week of the bank holiday that in fact cancelled that saturday i worked out, if that makes sense??
so in fact i could work this saturday and then i’d have to make the time up the following week■■?

I assume you usually start work at 5am so to make 45 hours you need to finish by 8am Saturday to start at 5am Monday.

To make 45 hours AND the 7 hours owed from last week (if you wish to) then you need to be finished by 1am Saturday

I think my maths are ok…

so in fact i could work this saturday and then i’d have to make the time up the following week■■?

NO - you must have a FULL weekly rest - within any two consecutive fixed weeks a driver must have at least one full weekly rest

After no more than 6 driving shifts you will need a weekly rest. It must be 45 hrs every other week and at least 24 hrs in between. Any reduction must be compensated for by the end of the 3rd week after the reduction.

From what I understand, if the weekly rest spans over the two fixed week (eg start on Saturday and finishes on Monday), it can be tagged to either of the two weeks.

As Rog said.

You can work Saturday if you wish but you will then need 45 hrs rest. So your start time next week will depend on when you start your 45 hr rest on Saturday.

interlog:
After no more than 6 driving shifts you will need a weekly rest.

6 X 24 hour periods (144 hours) - the 6 driving shifts went out with the old regs :wink:

interlog:
it can be tagged to either of the two weeks.

But not both

Thankx alot for that guys :smiley: , i dunno what time i’ll start on monday, i don’t really have a fixed start time just depends where i’m heading up to on the monday morning. I very rarley work saturdays let alone two consecutive saturdays, so never really had to think about this before.

What confused me was that i thought u had to make the time up before midnight on the sunday because of the start and end of a working week.

interlog:
Last week you had 38 hrs weekly rest, so you have to make 7 hrs up by the end of the 3rd week.

4th week, not 3rd. :wink:

Yep or the end of the 3rd week following the week of the reduction so it depends whether that weekly rest was tagged to week 0 or week 1.