Can i do this or is my boss right?

can I work 6 days strait Sunday as overtime then Monday to Friday. finish Friday around 6pm back in to work Sunday around 6am I no ill be getting less than 45 hours rest (36 hours rest) but do that twice consecutively then don’t work the Sunday so im having (60 hours off) ?

As long as you had a regular weekly rest before starting the pattern you could do Sunday to Friday, around 36 hours rest as you outline, then do Sunday to Friday and then have at least 45 hours rest. That’s legal.

It wasn’t clear from your question whether you meNt do it for 3 weeks or just the two; three weeks would not be legal as you would need a regular weekly rest at the end of the second week so could not resume work until around 03:00 on the Monday.

yorkielee:
can I work 6 days strait Sunday as overtime then Monday to Friday. finish Friday around 6pm back in to work Sunday around 6am I no ill be getting less than 45 hours rest (36 hours rest) but do that twice consecutively then don’t work the Sunday so im having (60 hours off) ?

You cannot take two consecutive reduced weekly rests.

Conor:

yorkielee:

yes this is what I ment, I have done this before a few times, about 4 a year and never had a infringement for it but today my boss realised what I had done n went nuts. I worked last sunday as it was bank holiday so got double time the sunday and the Monday this week I did it as I knew a driver was off this weekend n though stuff it ill come in. next week I wont though n its not regually I do come in on a weekend, sometimes just run in on a Saturday but then wait 45 till I start again on the Monday if you get me… I wonder why I haven’t had a infringement come through in the past.

Conor:

Yes you can.

Harry Monk:

Conor:

Yes you can.

Was gonna say, since when lol

It might be possible as a one-off but would need to go back to when you last had 90+ hours off and it would require every weekly rest since that 90+ off (could be done with as little as 69+ off) to have included sunday midnight

Basically it puts the weekly rests at the start of each week and then after doing what you want to do it puts the weekly rests at the end of each week leaving a spare reduced weekly rest which is not used as the weekly rest for any week

Sounds like infringement galore if you ain’t a tacho expert, keep it simple 24hours/45hours canna go wrong!

yorkielee:

Your not very clear when you say …6 days straight Sunday as o/t is Sunday at the start ie Sunday to Friday or are you saying Monday to Saturday and Sunday as o/t then Monday to Friday
Answers could be different because, you can`t work the way your question reads

I am going to guess the OP normally does a regular mon to fri then for two weeks he wants to do overtime on two consecutive sundays

To expand on what I said in my last post …
If the OP had been take a regular weekly rest on the weekend of 16/17 aug and that was used as the weekly rest for the week 11 to 17 aug then followed that with a 3 day break on the bank holiday weekend of 23/24/25 aug with perhaps 80 hours off during that 3 day break.

That 80 hours can be used as a reduced of 35 hours for the week 18 to 24 aug and 45 hours for the week 25 to 31 aug

We now have a regular for 11 to 17 aug, a reduced for 18 to 24 aug and a regular for 25 to 31 aug

The weekend of 30/31 aug is taken off and is a regular for the week 1 to 7 sept

The next two weekends can have a reduced
Sat 6 sept off = reduced weekly rest (A) = not needed as weekly rest for any week
Sat 13 sept off = reduced weekly rest (B) = used for the week 8 to 14 sept
Sat 20 + sun 21 off = regular weekly rest = used for the week 15 to 21 sept