Can anyone remember?......

Tachos where you had to manually select driving mode? Cant say has Ive ever seen one.

they are still about :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yes, This is going back to the early days of tachos, they had a circular four position mode switch, duty (square symbol)other work (hammers) rest (bed) and driving (steering wheel symbol)

I do…had 2 big dial type switches with the symbols underneath them. You had to manually select Drive, Work or Rest, none of this “automatic” nonsense where the machine goes to Drive from Work by itself when you set off!

Those were the days…when men were men and the sheep were nervous! :open_mouth: :laughing: …and now with all this digital carry-on, well you kids don’t know your born! :wink:

So if you left it on other work or break, by mistake :wink: , they didnt record any driving?

didnt matter what symbol it was on if you moved it recorded it

Shrek:
digital carry-on, well you kids don’t know your born! :wink:

Id have a digi over a analogue any day, easier to work :wink:

Yeah I remember…1st artic I drove had one Volvo F12 G reg…always forgot to switch it over!

Sooner have a log book or even better a log sheet. :laughing:

Chris Webb:

With a couple of spare ones above the sun visor :stuck_out_tongue:

two log sheets :wink: :wink: :wink:

Biggest pain as an agency driver was having to carry two (sometimes three) different sorts of spare charts; Lucas, Veeder-Root and Smiths.

Yes I know the client’s supposed to supply them, but a lot of my work at the time was ferrying new trucks around and bringing the old 'uns back, and we were paid on the card.

DS074:
Yeah I remember…1st artic I drove had one Volvo F12 G reg…always forgot to switch it over!

Is that the one that had a small key that held tacho in and also was used for altering the time.
Tachos had 3 holes …large one in centre and 2 smaller (but different sized holes) around it…

If you put it in the wrong way it chewed it up and the gendarmes didnt know how many hours you had done…(allegedly :wink: :wink: )

toowise:

DS074:

Is that the one that had a small key that held tacho in and also was used for altering the time.
Tachos had 3 holes …large one in centre and 2 smaller (but different sized holes) around it…

If you put it in the wrong way it chewed it up and the gendarmes didnt know how many hours you had done…(allegedly :wink: :wink: )

Veeder Root was the lorries answer to Betamax :smiley:

Wheel Nut:

Chris Webb:

With a couple of spare ones above the sun visor :stuck_out_tongue:

Aye,them were t’days .
Never had a sun visor Malc,you must have been up to date.Bet you had two windscreen wipers as well and two coat hooks. :laughing:
Don’t tell me you ran dodgy as well Niel, tut tut. :smiley:

Oooh, you are awful. I thought it was law to have two logsheets. :slight_smile:

peterm:
Oooh, you are awful. I thought it was law to have two logsheets. :slight_smile:

It was peterm,in case you spilt tea on one of 'em! :laughing:

scottishcruiser:

Shrek:
digital carry-on, well you kids don’t know your born! :wink:

Id have a digi over a analogue any day, easier to work :wink:

but so damned time hungry. Lose an hour a day easy. Not good if you’re on bonus :imp:

In the very early days the used to retro fit them to the dash , (not vosa friendly inline with your vision :smiley: ) our firms leccy guy fitted mine and it went like this
1st day tacho in ,days work tacho out ,very little and spasmodic trace. boss said tacho is working fine its my fault cos he showed me the little disc turning
same thing day 2 and 3
day 4 boss is well upset cos “im doing it all wrong”
he again sits in drivers seat with me standing on the step and SHOWS me the little disc is turning so the tacho works say’s he.
hang on says i, then i step down and close the door and asks boss (in a pleasant tone) is it working now.
yep says he then looks back and says no it isn’t. i open door and tacho starts working again.
The leccy guy had wired it upto the courtesy light button on the door

my gaffer didnt find it as funny as me cos he didnt laugh at all :frowning: :laughing: :laughing:

had one on a D series