Old Style Drivers Log Book

Like this? My pa drove for Ferrymasters

Hi Webby08 i have sent you an email re log book

The aul’ fellas’ birthday was last year lads… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

Does anybody have an old style drivers log book, the ones that you manually wrote in before they introduced the tachographs?? Im looking to buy one, or if anybody could tell me where i could get hold of one, preferably a new one if poss… Any help with this would be great…

shop.fta.co.uk/p-392-r50-dri … -book.aspx

these have them

Thanks for that Brett, not sure if thats what im looking for it looks different to the ones i remember… Do you know if thats the same ones the drivers filled in before the tachograph chart was introduced??

no it was before my time google thats were i found it. :smiley:

Before my time too, i remember when i was a kid my dad filling in 3 days worth of driving in about 30 seconds as the cop was walking up the side of the trailer for a roadside check… The good old days… :laughing:

That is different from what I remember. IIRC , the day was split intp 15 min bits and you drew a line going up or down to change from drive, work etc. so you ended with a single line like this, if you get the idea.

LOL,ive still got mine from 81(uk rules)when learning ,but we still use log books in canada ,no quite the same .imo the ones on the link seem to be a lot larger than i remember.
jimmy

Thats the type im looking for where you draw a line and move it up and down for work, rest, or other stuff.
I was only about 10 years old last time i saw one, Trying to get hold of one for a 90th birthday present

Like this
truckershelper.com/tour/scre … ogbook.gif

That looks like the thing im looking for… Any ideas where i could get one??

I’ve got one that I last used in 2004,but it’s probably no good to you as it’s a Swedish one.

webby08:
Hi,

Does anybody have an old style drivers log book, the ones that you manually wrote in before they introduced the tachographs??

Have a word with the driver on your local bin wagon, local councils did use them, dunno if they all use tacho’s now but if not, they should still have some, you never know you might hit on lucky?

The nearest I could find -

The Americans still use that style
if you google “Hours of Service Logbook” theres a few on google shopping etc

webby08:
Before my time too, i remember when i was a kid my dad filling in 3 days worth of driving in about 30 seconds as the cop was walking up the side of the trailer for a roadside check… The good old days… :laughing:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I know it’s of no use to you but this is what they still use in oz.

Probaly have still a Dutch one (partialy used) little green book with a page per day.
If it’s any good to you send me a PM and I will have a look in the loft in a couple of weeks time.

Its really a uk log book im needing, my dad was a long distance lorry driver all his days, think he started with a horse and cart, and i wanted to get a log book for part of his birthday prezzie…