Can anyone recommend a training school in East Sussex?

Hi everybody,

I have been reading this site for a several days as I have been considering doing my training for a while now. I am however stuggling to commit to a training school!! :confused:

I currently have the EasyAsHGV brochure sitting in front of me, but having researched some more into them, now realise that they are just the middle man…so won’t be using them. :imp:

Can anybody recommend a good school in the East Sussex area? I have heard quite good things about Crawley HGV, but would love to hear from anybody who has trained in this area, and what their experiences were like.

Hope somebody can help me out :smiley:

Paul :slight_smile:

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome pdw1977 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is the UK short of drivers ? & Was it really worth it?

How to post Pics, avatars, using quotes, Driver CPC forum & Tacho & WTD regs forum

Thanks for the welcome!

I have all the stuff arriving from Crawley LGV tomorrow to have a read through, but I have just had a phone call from EasyAsHgv trying to tell me why I should go to them! They say that the extra money you pay is for them to help you get a good job when you have passed. I must admit it all sounds pretty convincing…

Is it worth paying the extra money, or is just a sales pitch that means they may find me a job, but it might be the other side of the country?

Paul

pdw1977:
but I have just had a phone call from EasyAsHgv trying to tell me why I should go to them! They say that the extra money you pay is for them to help you get a good job when you have passed

That is what is known as sales ■■■■■■■■ don’t fall for it, go direct to the training school at NO point should you use a middle man type school they will charge you more, promise you the earth and then mysteriously these promises will never be delivered. ■■■■’ing barstewards the lot of them :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

will charge you more, promise you the earth and then mysteriously these promises will never be delivered. [zb]'ing barstewards the lot of them

I guess that answers my question the!! :laughing:

Crawley it is!

Cheers, Paul

I trained with Crawley LGV.1 man band operation and highly recommended.

youtube.com/watch?v=vHVlfnnnaAk

I have spoken to Crawley LGV and they sound pretty good. They insist upon a driving assesment before you proceed with any proper training which is reassuring!

I am booked in for a medical on the 10th September, so cant really do much until then. I may get the DSA Theory for large vehicles though to have a look through, but seeing as I am on the final part of training to become a driving instructor I hope the theory element shouldn’t prove to difficult??

Cheers

Paul

pdw1977:
seeing as I am on the final part of training to become a driving instructor

would that be the part 3 of the ADI :question:

would that be the part 3 of the ADI

Yes, thats the one.

Passed part 1 first time (theory)
Passed part 2 first time (driving)

Part 3 is a total Ba***ard!!! I’m on my last attempt. Got really close last time with a 4/3 but made a ■■■■ up on the phase 2 part… :imp:

Going for it again on the 7th September :confused:

If your HPT for the ADI is still under 2 years old then that will also cover you for the LGV providing you pass C before the 2 years expire. - EDIT - wrong info :blush: :blush: - a seperate HPT is required for LGV as the scoring is different :blush: :blush:

Apparantly, 80% of those going for their ADI never achieve it - so I’ve been informed - if true, no wonder these ADI training adverts are being shown on TV - those training companies must make some dosh !!

Sorry I am a bit late to the party here…I am from East Sussex, I trained with SDF in Sheffield Park.
Trainer called Dave, very good. I took a couple of tests at Lancing, they were total bar stewards and I was going to appeal…I decided to take my 3rd test at Hastings, because I passed my C there and the examiner was a ‘normal’ bloke, he judged me on my driving and nothing else, the bar steward John at Lancing, is a complete tw att, hostile, sarky, wants a good slap, you know the sort :laughing: :laughing:

Also, getting out of the test centre at Lancing is an art itself, and that John told me he does not like the Magnum that is used for testing, he considers it to be dangerous climbing in, especially in the wet!
He is just a moany old git really.

Thanks for the info!

I am going for my final attempt at the ADI part three tomorrow at 1pm, so I’ve just been concentrating on that over the last couple of weeks.

I am however booked in for a medical next week which shouldn’t pose a problem!..I hope!
Once I get my provisional license I will go for my assesment drive at Crawley and see what he says.

Wish me luck!!

Cheers

Paul

Apparantly, 80% of those going for their ADI never achieve it

I am now one of the lucky 20% who pass their part 3!! :smiley:

pdw1977:

Apparantly, 80% of those going for their ADI never achieve it

I am now one of the lucky 20% who pass their part 3!! :smiley:

WELL DONE