Hey guys. A lil' help please?

Hey guys,

I’m new to this forum (obviously :stuck_out_tongue:) and for some time I’ve been very interested in becoming a HGV driver. I signed up with British School of Trucking some weeks ago. About a week ago I got all the stuff sent to me (eg; medical app, provisional app and theory stuff) But I came across this forum yesterday speaking ill about the company.

Could anyone give me a review on the company please? I’ve only spent £199 on them so I want to make sure its a legit driving school before I spend more.

Many thanks.

depends where you are based tbh& have you looked at any other training providers in your area ie looked in yellow pages :question:

but they sound like a broker to me ( middleman ) so may cost more in long run

i know my training provider sorted out my medical ( at there place ) arranged my theory & hpt then my lessons & test

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome deoboropk :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

deoboropk:
I signed up with British School of Trucking some weeks ago…I came across this forum yesterday speaking ill about the company.

LGV/HGV training BROKERS (middlemen)
A ‘middleman’ company (broker) will farm you out to another company for the actual training and they don’t do this for nothing so perhaps going direct to a training school that does the actual training might save you money :question: - YOUR CHOICE

I’ve only spent £199 on them

What was that for :question:

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post. The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.
Official DSA videos of modules 1, 2, 3 & 4

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful - also CV & Interview tips
First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

They have centres in :

Aberdeenshire
Anglesey
Angus
Argyllshire
Ayrshire
Banffshire
Bedfordshire
Berkshire
Berwickshire
Brecknockshire
Buckinghamshire
Buteshire
Caernarfonshire
Caithness
Cambridgeshire
Cardiganshire
Carmarthenshire
Cheshire
Clackmannanshire
Cornwall
Cromartyshire
■■■■■■■■■■
Denbighshire
Derbyshire
Devon
Dorset
Dumfriesshire
Dunbartonshire
Durham
East Loathian
Essex
Fife
Flintshire
Glamorgan
Gloucestershire
Hampshire
Herefordshire
Hertfordshire
Huntingdonshire
Inverness-shire
Kent
Kincardineshire
Kinross-shire
Kirkcudbrightshire
Lanarkshire
Lancashire
Leicestershire
Lincolnshire
Merioneth
Middlesex
Midlothian
Monmouthshire
Montgomeryshire
Morayshire
Nairnshire
Norfolk
Northamptonshire
Northumberland
Nottinghamshire
Orkney
Oxfordshire
Peeblesshire
Pembrokeshire
Perthshire
Radnorshire
Renfrewshire
Ross-shire
Roxburghshire
Rutland
Selkirkshire
Shetland
Shropshire
Somerset
Staffordshire
Stirlingshire
Suffolk
Surrey
Sussex
Sutherland
Warwickshire
West Lothian
Westmorland
Wigtownshire
Wiltshire
Worcestershire
Yorkshire

BROKER me thinks!!

Also nice to see their information is “in date” :unamused: :unamused:

Class one, articulated or draw bar up to 44 tonne
Drivers must be aged 21+
Earnings in excess of £600+

Last time I looked it had been lower to 18 as of last September :unamused:

deoboropk:
Hey guys,

I’m new to this forum (obviously :stuck_out_tongue:) and for some time I’ve been very interested in becoming a HGV driver. I signed up with British School of Trucking some weeks ago. About a week ago I got all the stuff sent to me (eg; medical app, provisional app and theory stuff) But I came across this forum yesterday speaking ill about the company.

Hi deoboropk,

I’m not quite sure what you mean by “speaking ill,” but it’s quite possible that some potential trainees simply did some further research and chose another provider.

deoboropk:
Could anyone give me a review on the company please?

If a TNUK member has received good training from BST and is prepared to recommend them, then BST may be added to the ‘recommended providers’ list. I don’t see BST on that list at present, so I guess that there’s currently no review available.

deoboropk:
I’ve only spent £199 on them so I want to make sure its a legit driving school before I spend more.

You’ve obviously been in contact with BST and it seems that you were convinced enough by the info you received to spend your £199, so surely you were suitably reassured before you sent the money?
How would you define “legit” please? (BST seems to me to be “legit,” but I’ll await your definition.)

me thinks a broker as well Jon as no trainin providers in Northumberland

never seen any of the vehicle around tbh but i may be wrong

dont think many trainin providers in Berwick either as they tend to come down to Newcastle to 1 of the 4 that is there

Also having looked on their site, their maths aren’t too great, I copied and pasted this from their site…

Here are five more great reasons to choose us:

We’re one of only two LGV driving schools in the UK which give you a choice
of how you get your LGV Category C+E licence:
you can use either a full size artic or a full size drawbar.

We offer a price guarantee.
If you get a quote from another LGV school using qualified instructors and operating in the same area,
we will guarantee to match it.

Last but not least, your introductory lesson is completely free of charge.
This means it costs you nothing to see just how professional our service is.

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but that looks to me like 3 “great” reasons, not 5 :confused:

This topic looks to me that it might be heading the way of a similar topic that got pulled the other week.
Let’s all remember that it’s NOT illegal for a company to act as a broker and then farm out their candidates to other LGV driver training providers.
NO UNSUBSTANTIATED NONSENSE PLEASE!!

I think all this has been covered before - BRITISH SCHOOL OF TRUCKING :neutral_face:

Could not find any links where a trainee had actually used this company which, as we know, is the only real way to get an insight as to what they are like.

ROG:
I think all this has been covered before - BRITISH SCHOOL OF TRUCKING :neutral_face:

Indeed it has ROG. :smiley:

A little look at the BST website revealed something that might be of interest to the OP in this topic… :wink:

I’m running this as a ‘spot the difference’ contest. :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :grimacing:
If you view both links side by side at the same time, you’ll be able to spot any differences easily.

BST’s website: (which clearly mentions First Class Trucking on their “Training” tab :wink: )

http://britishschooloftrucking.com/training.html
======================================================================================

So then I went to First Class Trucking’s website (“Training” tab) and found this:

http://www.1stclasstrucking.co.uk/training.html
======================================================================================

Is it just my eyes or do I need a new monitor??

Info correct as at 20:30 on 11/07/10

Something else that seems very very similar or should I say - almost exactly the same on both sites :wink:

1stclasstrucking.co.uk/

“I just want to say a Big Thank You to 1st Class Trucking Ltd. With your help all my financial worries are far behind me. I am now happily employed with a large UK haulage firm, enjoying the freedom of the open road just like you said, and now I finally get to spend a lot more time with my family as I no longer have to work all those long crazy hours in the factory!”

britishschooloftrucking.com/

I just want to say a Big Thank You to British School of Trucking. With your help all my financial worries are far behind me. I am now happily employed with a large UK haulage firm, enjoying the freedom of the open road just like you said, and now I finally get to spend a lot more time with my family as I no longer have to work all those long crazy hours in the factory!

Maybe one person trained with both :unamused:
The pictures above each of the quotes - are they the same or different :question: