HGV Advantage

hi people how is everybody im new too the forum just starting out in the haulage business just wondered if any1 could help me im thinking of training with hgv advantage wondered if any 1 has been with then and if there any gud i live in worcestershire so if any 1 can recommend any great training for i would appreciate it thanks look forward to hearing from you.

scott

these??

advantagehgv.co.uk/

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome sheddy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

sheddy:
im thinking of training with hgv advantage

LGV/HGV training BROKERS (middlemen)
BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS…

sheddy:
i live in worcestershire so if any 1 can recommend any great training

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which started on 10 Sept 2009.

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful.

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Do not give them any money. Go to a company that has got trucks and instructors and not a broker like these clowns. Call someone who knows the industry and not a salesman who will sell his own granny. Before you choose your training provider go and do an assessment before you give them lots of money.

Brokers have a habbit of taking peoples money and not delivering anything

thanks for all your help people as i have just started in the industry ive gone with hgv advantage starting with my theory too passing my class 2 i hope i wont regret this lol wish me gud luck lol thank rog for the welcoming take care peeps keep you informed how it all goes laterz.

scott

It would be interesting for you to find out who Advantage plan to send you to (they don’t operate any vehicles themselves - they will send you to a driving school) and find out how much the course would have cost you if you’d booked it direct.

Best of luck with it all :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
find out how much the course would have cost you if you’d booked it direct.

Or how many hours training they would have given you for the same price - I have known cases where the course via the broker was for 16 hours and, for the same money, the course done direct with the school was for 20 hours !!!

There is just no helping some people is there :confused:

I would be interested to know if they mentioned anything about the driver CPC.

I think they are avoiding to tell people about it because of the cost and you might find out after the training is done leaving you to pay out another load of money.

alrite burnie1 i am doin the cpc aswell as pracital and theory test for 1747.00.

That’s my point. For £1680 we would have supplied

Medical
On line theory training
Classroom theory training
Theory tests
Prac course 1:1 on new purpose built vehicle
Fully qualified and reg DSA instructor
Test at our private test centre
Free use of vehicle for a retest if you were unlucky first time
Theory training for Mod 2 (case studies) driver cpc
Vehicle for Mod 4 (prac driver cpc)
Mod test fee

Compare that to what you’ve paid and I think you’ve slipped up. But best of luck anyway. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I’m in the process of doing my Class C license.

Phil Brown HGV from Droitwich are really good. philbrownlgvtraining.co.uk

They have good vehicles and both instructors are really nice.

@ sheddy - had you already paid Advantage BEFORE you found this site :question:

It does seem a bit strange that he came on asking for advice, then went against everything that was said and bookeed it anyway.

yes rod i had booked it before seeing that but after all ur comments im thinking of gettin a refund.

sheddy:
yes rod i had booked it before seeing that but after all ur comments im thinking of gettin a refund.

Your only chance of that is if you paid by CREDIT card and can convince the CREDIT card company that Advantage have not fulfilled their contract

Good advice rodders :wink:

Hi Sheddy

You probably wont be able to get refund straight away but make sure you log any calls, corrospondence keep a note and copies of every contact you have with them if you read rog`s forum read this before booking training you will probably find this they will book theory hazzard tests etc no probs then when comes to booking training if they are trying to make money out of you (which they are) you may find you have a prob getting training and test booked as they make not offer the training schools enough for them to take you on so heres where you have to log everything times you rang them what they say try and email them reg and save those emails because if you have a prob then you can go to your credit card company and say that they are not giving you your training course IN REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME thats a crucial statement and you need to use those words also you need to ask your credit company for a thing called a CHARGEBACK against the company that will ensure that if enough people do this the credit card companies will not do business with them look there is a lot you can do to get your money back but you need to give them enough time to provide you with the service they promised so could be a few months before all sorted out now you may not need this advice and i hope you dont but if you get any problems with them plse pm me and i will give you all the advice I can I went through all this in Feb with Directlgv and got my money back i9 have letters that i sent to them and would be happy to email you copies if u need them so you can write the hard hitting letter that gets you ur result hope you dont need me but am here if you need me sorry for the essay but I hate people being ripped off :exclamation: :smiley: Good luck Jenx