Advantage HGV

Been hunting through the archives but can’t the spefic info i’m looking for so any advice would be very interesting and very much appreciated.

Went on the advantage HGV website and filled in the info request form. Half an hour later the phone went and some over-enthuasiastic boy started his selling speech. So far i’m kinda impressed. I would be put off if some boy didn’t sound interested so i started to pay attention. Through his speech and the 30000 driver jobs in the uk earning upto £50,000 p.a for the most experiance drivers yes it sounds promising and i’m not gulable so iknow all he is doing is trying to get me to part with my cash. So 20 min later he gets to the prices and that sort of stuff and this is where i’m not sure about things.

1. Advantage HGV say they have a training depot in Dalkeith which is 5 min up the road. Now if advantage are a brokers then the driving school will be independant so will i be able to go up and speak to them direct.
  2. Now after all the speech about silly amounts of money and an easy living ( :unamused: ) at the end of the day i still want to do my licenses so are advantage any good or are they cowboys who should be avoided?
    and number 3) the price i was given for a 10 day course (5 day cat c + 5 day cat c+e inc theory, medical, litleture sp and help with therory and applying for licenses and all that sort of stuff) is £2499, or £2099 if i pay and book by lunchtime tomorrow.

Because i haven’t been able to get in touch with scania uk i haven’t a clue if this price is reasonable or a rip off or an undercut. Again any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance John

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56726&start=0

I don’t think I need to say more on that subject

All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature below :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry now i find all the info that i was needing. :blush:

Must phone scania in the morning and see what they are charging.

At least you came to the right place to get all the info before making any decision - many only find out after they have paid !!

Do not pay them any money call Delkeith training direct and get the same course cheaper.

Be careful of back to back courses because 50% of courses will not turm out that way. You need to pass the cat C and not everybody does first time so all they will do is take the money from your cat c+e course to pay for your C course. Before you know it you could of spent 3K on a cat c course only.

Another thing about back to back courses is that it could take 6 months before you do a C+E course and all this time your money is in their bank.

If you do book with them get the dates of the course before you pay them. They trick you into paying for the course then string you out for months before giving you dates whilst your money is in their bank.

If you credit check these brokers their ratings are suspended because they are financially valueless so beware.

My advice is always book with a company that actually does the training!

ADVOID THEM and pathway what ever there call themselves nowadays as above said go to a school that are direct no middle men

Cheers guys was up at Scaia Uk at newbridge (edinburgh) yesterday but their instructor wasn’t there so the service guy couldn’t really answer my questions (which were alot). He did however take me round the 2 trucks that i would train in if i do it through them. As stated i didn’t really get many questions answered as the boy worked in servicing but he did hunt through the office to find me any info he could. Think i will phone them tomorrow and see what happens.

Cheers BEN BADGER that was the sort of feedback i was looking for. I have now noticed a few training schools in my area that have been recommened on the site so will get in contact with them. Also think tomorrow will go to the school at Dalkeith and have a chat with them direct and see what they are saying.

Cheers for the advice guys.

John