Easy as HGV training company?

:arrow_right: Hi, does anyone know of the LGV training company called Easy as HGV?

Their website looks good but I’d like to hear from someone who’s trained or worked with them to see if they live up to their claims. They have a job section as well as do training so say they can help you find a job after you’ve got your licence. Sounds great but is it too good to be true■■?

Has anyone here trained with them and/or got a job through them?

Thanks
:slight_smile:

if your in Bedfordshire try Wiseknight… quiet a few on here have passed with them. :smiley:

Reagrds
Paul

just had a look at their website and their contact address google and the first line was yell, which gives this

Classification: Internet Services
433, London Rd, Camberley, Surrey GU15 3HZ
Tel: 01276 673830

ring the number shown above and the answer machine says you are through to E business (WTF that is i don’t know?)

so personally i would be a little wary of them

probably a little like Sterling or clearpass or what ever they go by now.

go straight to a HGV training school and speak to them and have a look around.

good choice of site to ask these questions though. at least you will get a true idea of what they are like if anyone has used them before.

good luck with your search and training though.

also, one final point, don’t believe anyone if they say they can guarantee you a job after your weeks course. it is very very rare they can. the industry is on its arse and there are loads of people looking for work, some with 20 years experience and they are struggling to find jobs.

best of luck though

Hi, does anyone know of the LGV training company called Easy as HGV?

Nationwide - not around here. I think they are purely a booking company who farm work out to training companies.

Search on here, I bet there will be people who will advise you.

Remember:-

If it seems too good to be true - it usually is!

Giblsa:
good choice of site to ask these questions though. at least you will get a true idea of what they are like if anyone has used them before.

Its a very good idea to ask for recommendations on here, thats what I did and Im now booked to start my training with Zenith in Fareham in hopefully a couple of weeks time… :sunglasses:

Snowdog:
if your in Bedfordshire try Wiseknight… quiet a few on here have passed with them. :smiley:

Reagrds
Paul

WISEKNIGHT and say hello to Mike for me :smiley:

Oh and also hello to Dave, Terry & Clive - the examiners at Weedon :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome galdriver :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

GENERAL DRIVING TIPS BEFORE STARTING LGV C TRAINING (Link)

If you click the link in my signature or these truck pics

it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

BEFORE you book your training, READ THIS… - I suggest the trainee-to-be visits the training school, meets the head person(s) and has a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Recommended LGV training schools

THE DRIVER SHORTAGE IS AN ADVERTISING MYTH - Generally more drivers than jobs in the UK
Newbies - Jobs, Agencies & EXPERIENCE & Is this country short of drivers ?

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

Post by 26-years-an LGV-trainer removed by Rikki as in any other context than the thread where ROG asked for direct opinion, it constitues a personal attack.

Lucy:
Post by 26-years-an LGV-trainer removed by Rikki as in any other context than the thread where ROG asked for direct opinion, it constitues a personal attack.

Nice to get given a reason why post was removed.

A personel attack ? LOL

I must be a hostile witness ?

They have a job section as well as do training so say they can help you find a job after you’ve got your licence. Sounds great but is it too good to be true■■?

Don’t believe or trust anyone who claims that.

There are many many experienced drivers out of work so bear all that in mind. There is not and never has been a driver shortage, quite the opposite. :wink:

Thanks guys, you’re really helpful. Glad I came onto this site.

It’s not for me actually, I’m an ex-instructor (Ipswich area) who now drives trains for London Underground (imagine how long it took me to stop trying to look in mirrors that weren’t there to check my rear end!!)

I was enquiring for my partners nephew. I think going direct to a local trainer is the best idea too, he’s in Sussex, but he’s eager to get training and jumped at the first thing he found I think. He’s now been put off it, with your help and a Google search he did that showed them in a bad light.

He may have the opportunity of getting a job where they’ll train him whilst working for them, he won’t know until tomorrow, so fingers crossed for that one.

Sorry to hear it’s tough out there for jobs. I didn’t want to leave the industry 8 years ago but circumstances had a different idea (divorce etc) but working for a secure company has certain benefits (good wage, 8 weeks hols etc) and it’s going to pay for us to realise a dream of moving to Scotland to run a photographic business so you never know what’s around the corner, huh?

Good luck to those who are job-seeking and those who fear for their jobs.

All the best

I used this company for my training. What they claim is not quite what they deliver. They claim to have 35 approved DSA training centres around the country, so you can attend one convenient for you. They also imply that it is a fast track to a dream driving job which we all know is not true. In my case they could not place me locally and I ended driving for over an hour every morning and night to the training centre. They are all independent trainers who are not all approved by the DSA and not all using registered instructors. Easy as HGV are just agents, placing you with whoever they can, regardless of quality! My experience was that the training was very poor and inconsistent. Needless to say I failed.
I have since sourced my own training locally and passed both C & C+E at first attempts.
My advice to you would be find a local trainer that is recommended by someone else and that they are registered by the DSA. You can get a list from the DSA.
Good Luck.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome herbiec :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC and much more…

herbiec:
I used this company for my training. What they claim is not quite what they deliver. They claim to have 35 approved DSA training centres around the country, so you can attend one convenient for you. They also imply that it is a fast track to a dream driving job which we all know is not true. In my case they could not place me locally and I ended driving for over an hour every morning and night to the training centre. They are all independent trainers who are not all approved by the DSA and not all using registered instructors. Easy as HGV are just agents, placing you with whoever they can, regardless of quality! My experience was that the training was very poor and inconsistent. Needless to say I failed.
I have since sourced my own training locally and passed both C & C+E at first attempts.
My advice to you would be find a local trainer that is recommended by someone else and that they are registered by the DSA. You can get a list from the DSA.
Good Luck.

They are just ‘agents’ or ‘middlemen’ - do they have any of their own training trucks :question:

IMO, but not everyones, the DSA registered bit is not a prelude to getting a good company or instructor - a personal recommendation is.

When did you do you C & C+E (ARTIC?) :question:

Thanks both of you, interesting to hear from someone who actually tried them too. Glad you found a good trainer in the end.

All good advice again guys, thank you, I’ve told him to ask aruond locally too as you can’t beat a good recommendation. When I taught we didn’t advertise (apart from having a bloomin great notice on the side of the trucks!) and as a car instructor I didn’t either (again, just a name and number on my ‘lid’) if you get a good reputation it will be the best advert, though I’m sure trainers are having a tough time in this financial climate.

I booked with Easy as HGV back in august last year. Easy as HGV do not train you. I was told that if I wanted to do my training with in 3 months then I would have to traval 50 mile to corby from Milton Keynes everyday to train with someone that would have sold me the same course for about £200 LESS.
First time I failed and Easy as HGV wanted £330 for a retest. Also almost all there jobs on there job section are out of date

I decided to sort the retest myself with Mike at WiseKnight based down in bedford. Mike is a top fella and I have already sent a friend to him and would be happy to give his name and number to anyone, happy in the fact that they wont get ripped off by him like I did with Easy as…

It is my opinion and ONLY my opinion that easy as, is nothing more than a bunch of office guys that are picking up the phone. Once they have taken your payment I found that they were no longer helpful and seemed unintrested in anything concerns that I had. There only answer was to talk to the training provider they had sent me to

DAF95XF hi there.I went to Zenith many years ago and they told me I should go for driving a horsebox. Lucky for me I went to another driving school and got the training I wanted. Can’t remember the name of the school but it was Jim from Cadnum, near Southampton who got me through my test.

www.eze2go.com/681576

Thanks basil and scanialady, I shall recommend the one in Southamptom to my nephew, if he decides to go for it, and the bedford one to anyone around me (I live in Bedfordshire too). My nephew heeded the advice and rather than put his money into training (particularly with a dodgy company) he’s saving his pennies and has just got a job with the Post Office. Only van driving on short contract for now but it’s a foot in the door and if they take him on full time they’ll put him through his Class 2. As he has a young family this seems the most secure route for him at present.

Thanks again everyone and good luck with all your jobs in this current climate :unamused:

scanialady142:
DAF95XF hi there.I went to Zenith many years ago and they told me I should go for driving a horsebox. Lucky for me I went to another driving school and got the training I wanted. Can’t remember the name of the school but it was Jim from Cadnum, near Southampton who got me through my test.

eze2go.com/681576

This is the first post that I have seen anyone write a negative about Zenith - all the others on this site have recommended them very highly - maybe things were different many years ago…

or maybe they were different to women who wanted to drive big stuff, Rog. I hope their view has changed but I still encounter the occasional ignorance in that way. I’m ex-driver and instructor in cars, buses and lorries (now drive tube trains…bigger but no steering or mirrors!!) and when I went for a test drive in a Land Rover Defender the other day the salesman after realising it was me (the 50 year old gobby bint) not my fella who wanted to drive he kindly informed me that they only came in manual, not automatic gearboxes! When I stopped laughing we went for a nice test drive and he changed his tune (and apologised, bless him) but I’m saddened it even happened.

P.S.Anyone got or driven the new Defender? The handbrake is way foreward under the dashboard, what is THAT about?? Was it to make way for the unnecessary centre console/armrest? Not comfortable to reach at all unless you’re an orang utan…

Hi Basil,

I had the same experience as you in Corby, but have now done everything myself up tp C+E.
The problem now is that no-one wants to employ novices, and as you say the job links on all the sites are not actually there, even though the likes of EasyasHGV claim that they can get you a job as soon as you have passed. I passed my C+E a month ago. Jobcentreplus are even saying now that there are more and more HGV drivers signing on to draw benefits than ever before. I think we have all been conned into believing that once having the magic piece of paper called a licence, the world will be our oyster! It simply is not true. There are no jobs for us newly qualifieds. I want to know how we are supposed to get experience if no-one will give us a chance.
I have found that the agencies have so many people on their books that they are not signing any newcomers either!
I would be interested to hear from anybody out there with any suggestions.
Thanks