Cab fridges I NEED ONE

ANY RECOMMMENDATIONS time for one now as side locker temp is creeping up want a good one 12 /24 volt and need it this coming week , mostly up and down m1 birmingham maybe manchester

just get a decent cool box and dump it in the pax footwell

a compressor cool box is more expensive but
you can use it in the car and also it goes down to
-18c ,

I have just bought one of these

Cheapest i could find was from here worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/default.asp £309 plus postage. Very good service and delivered quickly. The truck i’m moving into already has a fridge so i will use this as a freezer.

just get a cheap coolbox, anything else is way over the top for this country. if you were away in europe for a couple of weeks, stocking up the fridge before you left the country would be fine but now in this country your never more than 20 mins from a supermarket.

cheap coolbox are only 20-30 quid.

daleyboy:

Cheapest i could find was from here worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/default.asp £309 plus postage. Very good service and delivered quickly. The truck i’m moving into already has a fridge so i will use this as a freezer.

My £30 quid Campingaz coolbox used to be full of ice at the top it was that good, kept my food and drink ice cold all week. I would need a screw loose to think about paying over £300 for basically the same thing. You can hype it all up saying it’s a compressor but there’s really no point in that for this country

IM away all week so need a voltage one but not 300 quid ,just enough too hold drinks food milk etc

Halfords, £39.99 got it at the beginning of last summer and used continuously even down to Nice and along to Spain, holds drinks and food for couple of days. I put in frozen stuff at the bottom.
No problem so far and can move truck to truck, 12v, sits in footwell. …£300 :unamused: :unamused: I wish I was paid that much :wink: You can have mine for £250 plus delivery with a free ‘Switchlogic Cookery Book’ and a bottle of cold Chablis :laughing:

Steve-o:

daleyboy:

My £30 quid Campingaz coolbox used to be full of ice at the top it was that good, kept my food and drink ice cold all week. I would need a screw loose to think about paying over £300 for basically the same thing. You can hype it all up saying it’s a compressor but there’s really no point in that for this country

Not working in this country though, and i am away for 6 weeks at a time, so my wife can cook me 20 odd meals and put them in those chinese food containers to freeze, save myself an absoulte fortune.

Not working in this country though, and i am away for 6 weeks at a time, so my wife can cook me 20 odd meals and put them in those chinese food containers to freeze, save myself an absoulte fortune

Fair comment

Steve-o:

daleyboy:

I’ve have both, and the compressor types are in a different league. Their power consumption is minimal, they have superior thermal insulation and can be left on over the weekend. Most have voltage monitors and will cut out before running the battery flat, they are inaudible compared to the noise of a cool box fan running all night, and with no worry of whether a flat battery waits for you in the morning, you get what you pay for.

I got that £35 one from Argos a few weeks ago, it’s ok but a bit noisy. It also warms up a bit too much overnight to keep meats in, but it’s fine for drinks, obviously it pays for itself within a few weeks compared to buying them at MSA prices.

Yes, a compressor fridge is far better but also far more expensive so it depends what your budget is and needs are.

Yeah i was in two minds about buying one, but when you look at the current cost of eating out in Europe, then it makes sense to have a large amount of home cooked food, added to the fact i am then in a lot more control over my diet. After all by the time you have paid 12 euros for a menu then drinks on top times that by 42 days(6 weeks) which works out to be 504 euros, then it isnt going to take me long to recoup my money. Probably 2-3 six week stints will have the fridge paid for :slight_smile:

Fair enough if you’re away out long term :wink: If I were you I would be on at the boss to see if he’ll pay for it, or at least part of it. Tell him if you have to eat another tin of beans then you’ll be making and selling your very own knock out gas to the ■■■■■■ :laughing:

Steve-o:
Fair enough if you’re away out long term :wink: If I were you I would be on at the boss to see if he’ll pay for it, or at least part of it. Tell him if you have to eat another tin of beans then you’ll be making and selling your very own knock out gas to the ■■■■■■ :laughing:

Hes probably reading this,so fancy paying for my fridge boss? LOL :laughing:

Essentially, if you need to refrigerate food for any significant period of time you need a compressor fridge, which will hold the contents at a fixed temperature indefinitely.

A cool box will reduce the contents by a certain amount, typically 10 degrees Celsius. So if the ambient temperature is 25 degrees then it will be far too warm inside to preserve ham safely, for example. However, any drink which is 10 degrees cooler than you are is going to hit the spot.

If I was away running round Europe for weeks at a time then I wouldn’t hesitate to spend £300 on a fridge, but those days belong in the past!

halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor … yId_165650

JOB DONE its the best 24ltr £49.99 doesnt hold 2ltr bottles like it sez about 10mm missing fron the cap hole insode :frowning: we all have em at my firm will last 10 hours on a good battery charge keeps food cold well it creates ice by the 2nd day you have to bang lid to get it off :smiley: its a convection cooler so blows cold air into the fridge off a metal plate well anyway its really good 12v tho and 48w doesnt do hot food only cold.

daleyboy:

Steve-o:

i would like to have thought if he sends you out for 6 weeks the lorry would have a fridge and microwave installed for you. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

boss if your reading this … tight git.

jessicas dad:

daleyboy:

Steve-o:

i would like to have thought if he sends you out for 6 weeks the lorry would have a fridge and microwave installed for you. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

boss if your reading this … tight git.

HAHA the truck i’m getting has got a fridge and microwave, and aircon pod on the roof. But until a couple of days ago i was going on the rock and roll tours so bought it for that. Its no bother though because as i said before these work as freezers as well, going down to -18 so thats what i will use it as :slight_smile:

Big Joe has it spot on, a £30 coolbox will keep milk and bread fresh, a cheap fridge will save you money until that Monday morning when you have an imperative load and the batteries are flat, your boss wont thank you if he has to get a main dealer call out in Europe and face the wrath of an irate customer too.

A Waeco compressor fridge will freeze all weekend without a thought of the batteries going flat.

As mentioned, ya gets what ye paid for :stuck_out_tongue:

I sold mine and got what I paid for it 2 years previously