fridge

hi i have just started my first tramping job and am looking to by a fridge/coolbox. just wondering whats the best to get and how much i should be spending thanks in advance Andy.

Depends what you want it for. A coolbox starts at around £30 and is ok for cooling down drinks but it does not hold a constant temperature and draws a lot of current. A compressor based fridge is better, holds a constant temperature and does not draw much current so you can run it continuously and keep food in it, but are more expensive, from around £200 upwards.

i got an evacool from j29 truckstop it cost me £110 and its 12/24v and holds a constant 4 degrees. best buy in my opinion.

Got a waeco fridge.Cost me about £160 about 4yrs ago.So don’t know what they would cost now.You can get them of the net or a camping caravan shop.It 24v and i have it running all week.It silent and keeps my food nice all week.Defiantly worth a look.

worldofcamping.co.uk/shop/wa … idge__3431

Got one of these. Perfect for cold or frozen food. First class service from as well from world of camping and super fast delivery 