Fridge/coolbox

I start nights out on Monday so need to get myself so thing to keep the food cold! What fridges or coolboxes are people using??

Go to a camping shop they’re about £40.

Halfords have a 24 ltr 12v plug in cool box for about £50, was thinking of getting it myself, cools to 16 degrees below ambient temp, seeing as my air con in the cab is set at 18 degrees that is a 2 degree fridge, plenty cool enough to stop my milk turning to cheese overnight.

Bought mine at South Mimms, Camping Gaz. Camping shop might have been cheaper.

I bought an Aldi one,35 quid if I remember right. Got it 2 years ago, been brill. Cannot see the point of paying hundreds just because it`s got a wabco, etc name on it. Cool box is a cool box.

dowahdiddyman:
I bought an Aldi one,35 quid if I remember right. Got it 2 years ago, been brill. Cannot see the point of paying hundreds just because it`s got a wabco, etc name on it. Cool box is a cool box.

I have one of the Aldi cool boxes works great. Plus three year garrantee the cooling bit is Waco.

Robertthegreat:

dowahdiddyman:

I have one of the Aldi cool boxes works great. Plus three year garrantee the cooling bit is Waco.

Are these in stock all the time or is it one of those promo jobbies?

NewLad:

Robertthegreat:

dowahdiddyman:

It depends
if the driver has unloaded it himself, stacked it on their pallets, taken it into their warehouse and then waited until someone signs his delivery note then they are in stock all the time
if the driver has told them to do their own job themselves then they are not in stock

Just been to winfields and bought one. Goes to 18 degrees below ambient and up to 65 degrees to keep stuff warm. £50 reduced from £80. Got it plugged in now for a test run. Seems to be working well so far and only been plugged in half hour.

The best ones are by Waco have a compressor in then like your frige at home sell them on fleebay, they are expensive but I’ve had mine 10 years and still going strong touch wood

NewLad:

Robertthegreat:

dowahdiddyman:

Just check on the aldi website and look under the special buys.

I bought this one and it is quiet and my water is ice cold even tho it’s 22 degrees today.

It was £138 from j29 truckstop.

I have a halfords one and its great keeps things very cold and not to bulky think it was 40 quid

Get an inverter and plug a normal mains supply plug in to an inverter, I’ve melted two cigarette lighter things recently.

One on me coolbox, break number two after I covered the air intake vent & also on a kettle. I hate cigarette ports, common cause of fire I believe.

Aldi have the electric cool boxes in next thursday 27th £39.

Nice one thanks

i just use one of the mini fridges you buy for the house, comes with a 12v plug and keeps things lovely and cold, ok its not very big but its actually designed to be used constantly which these halfords/argos coolboxes arent designed for

My halfords cool box stays on sun/mon to Friday and had no issues so far in 7 months.
When it goes I’ll be buying a waeco.