C+E Driving Assessment

Today I went for a driving assessment with JLD Training (as I saw them mentioned on here) which was supposed to be an hour but ended up being 2 a proper result. Enjoyed every minute of it and just wish I hadn’t waited so long.

This assessment was done because I failed my C+E test last year with J Coates (in yeading) and wanted a second opinion and to try a different training/test area (Culham/Abingdon).

I failed for mounting a kerb while turning right!!

Apart from being rusty and catching a couple of kerbs :blush: and a small amount of speeding :blush: , I think it went well. Had a try at the reverse and although untidy and needing one shunt that went well also.

By the end I was told I would need 2 days plus the test to get the reverse spot on and practice with tight rights and lefts!

So my question is do I go back with J Coates or start with JLD?? They both use the same kit (Mercs) and there is not really anything between the instructors.

Giving myself a choice has confused things!

Choose whichever one you feel most comfortable with if everything else is the same

So my question is do I go back with J Coates or start with JLD?? They both use the same kit (Mercs) and there is not really anything between the instructors.

I would normally suggest staying with the trainer you started with. But you seem so happy and comfortable with the second trainer, perhaps it’s worth the change.

The aim of the operation is to pass the test. It’s important that your’e confident whenever you’re coming up for a test so go with the trainer where you think that will be achieved.

Oh yes, BTW, good luck with it wherever you choose. :laughing: :laughing:

hi there who did you train with at coates I took my c with trainer alan seager , as peter said whoever you best feel comfortable with but if you dont know alan go in and speak to him hes a real down to earth bloke and dont talk bull says it how it is and to be honest found him easy to understand when instructing , good luck whatever you decide , im off for an assesment with ep training addlestone on the 27th for the c+e if u havent decided by then ill let you know how i get on !

all the best

Jen x

Thanks for the support.

Jen

Alan did my last days training on Cat. C and my last lot of training on C+E he is a great bloke. Can I ask the question why you are not “staying” with Coates?

ROG, Peter

I think JLD just have the edge, lets hope I don’t have to wait an age to get the course done.

dilligaf:
Thanks for the support.

Jen

Alan did my last days training on Cat. C and my last lot of training on C+E he is a great bloke. Can I ask the question why you are not “staying” with Coates?

ROG, Peter

I think JLD just have the edge, lets hope I don’t have to wait an age to get the course done.

Of course you can , nothing wrong with coates at all and would recomend alan again , Had spoken to sean at ep and liked theyre place saw a couple of veh there and just made me feel very relaxed when i went into see him I had been on a taxi run into london and just popped in too say hello on way back home as a fellow trknet mbr all the guys who where there all very friendly and positive and I trust him to tell me if when go for assesment my true driving ability instead of getting me to book course anyway and waste me money after all going from c to c+e gonna be a big leap and too be honest scared stiff that can not handle it (plus I got a cake when I was there !!! :laughing:) so wil;l let u know how i get on as peter said earlier its if you feel comfortable there and ep training certainly did that

good luck with your training

Jen x

Peter Smythe:

I would normally suggest staying with the trainer you started with. But you seem so happy and comfortable with the second trainer, perhaps it’s worth the change.

The aim of the operation is to pass the test. It’s important that your’e confident whenever you’re coming up for a test so go with the trainer where you think that will be achieved.

Oh yes, BTW, good luck with it wherever you choose. :laughing: :laughing:

+1

Where you fell best for you & who is going to get you through the test