C course available NOW - test B4 the 10th Sept!

One of the LGV training providers in my area has a C course available with a test on the 8th sept so missing the need for doing the INITIAL driver CPC :smiley:
Apparently. the person due to take this course has dropped out for a personal reason.
The course was a 7 day one starting tomorrow but can be a 5 day one starting next Tuesday.

If anyone is interested then PM me for details.

If not within easy commute of my area then Iā€™m not sure which would be cheaper - doing the Driver cpc or having a few nights B&B ā€¦

I know of another one as well. Could tell you more - but no advertising allowed! :laughing:

:open_mouth: Sodā€™s Law says that both of you will get a flood of takers just after the cut-off date. :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

As advertisering is not allowed, a pm to me could reveal a cut price course with a test available on the 4thā€¦ :wink:

ā€¦or try a pm to me for a course starting 4th Sept :laughing: :laughing:

I would of expected trainers to be rushed off their feet before 10th Sept.

Looks like they can not give their courses away!

burnie1:
I would of expected trainers to be rushed off their feet before 10th Sept.

Hi burnie1, do I detect a slight note of cynicisim? :laughing:

There are a number of perfectly good reasons besides the one you gave that this course and test slot may have become available.

The original candidate might have failed the LGV medical for any one of a number of reasonsā€¦
The original candidate might have suddenly encountered any one of a number of family circumstancesā€¦
The provider may have put an extra vehicle/instructor on the roadā€¦

One thing that I do know though is that a lucky candidate might well save themselves a fair sum of money if they can react quickly to the never-to-be-repeated opportunity which now presents itself. :smiley:

IMHO every provider needs revenue to survive, and so if thereā€™s a joint advantage, I say good luck to both parties involved cos the candidate can also gain by making a saving. :wink:

My point is that there is 3 training providers (2 in Leicester and 1 in Nottingham) that have all had courses ā€œcancelledā€.

So is there to many trainers in that area to keep everyone busy?

Is there not enough trainees coming through the system to replace drivers that leave the industry on a daily basis creating the possibility of a driver shortage again?

It does seem to be an ā€˜areaā€™ thing as one training provider in the SW midlands area has had to turn away well over a dozen who wanted to test on cat C before the 10th.

burnie1:
My point is that there is 3 training providers (2 in Leicester and 1 in Nottingham) that have all had courses ā€œcancelledā€.

So is there to many trainers in that area to keep everyone busy?

Hi burnie1, Of course thatā€™s quite possible, but then thereā€™s another possible reason that Iā€™d forgotten earlierā€¦
The original candidate might have failed their LGV theory test.

burnie1:
Is there not enough trainees coming through the system to replace drivers that leave the industry on a daily basis creating the possibility of a driver shortage again?

Thatā€™s quite possible too mate.
I still think that my earlier point that there are many and varied reasons for a cancellation is still valid though, and that might not be to do with any particular region.

Then, once regional variations are considered, it could be that thereā€™s an imbalance in the number of candidates coming forward Vs. the number of training/test slots available as you said. The average waiting time from booking a test until the date of the test would probably be a good indicator of the answer to your question, and could also be regional. :smiley:

burnie1:

Where, in my post did i say i had a cancellation? I had a spare slot, for either 1 to 1, afternoons, or doubled up allday, whichever was preferred.

would of expected trainers to be rushed off their feet before 10th Sept.

Yes, we are rushed off our feet as we normally are. The candidate booked for the course failed the theory test - not that itā€™s anything to do with you.

What gives you the idea Iā€™m giving courses away? :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

would of expected trainers to be rushed off their feet before 10th Sept.

Yes, we are rushed off our feet as we normally are. The candidate booked for the course failed the theory test - not that itā€™s anything to do with you.

What gives you the idea Iā€™m giving courses away? :laughing: :laughing:

I find it strange that you took a booking from a trainee who has not passed the theory? They still could do the training and then do the test when they have passed the theory

That must of cost you a bit of money?

burnie1:
I find it strange that you took a booking from a trainee who has not passed the theory? They still could do the training and then do the test when they have passed the theory

They could do that but there is more chance of a trainee passing first time if the test is at the end of the course.

I find it strange that you took a booking from a trainee who has not passed the theory?

Itā€™s an old fashioned thing called customer service. Itā€™s something I do. :laughing: :laughing:

And most, if not all trainees want/prefer/expect to do the test straight after the course while its still fresh in their minds. :confused:

It dosenā€™t cost to put back the test if enough notification is givenā€¦ :smiley:

burnie1:
I find it strange that you took a booking from a trainee who has not passed the theory?

Hmmmā€¦ ā€œstrangeā€ based on what?

What would you have the training schools do instead of what has become an industry standard ever since the theory test first appeared?
How did your training school manage the theory test-practical tuition-driving test steps to the licence?

Then again, if there were a gap between the theory test and the road training, then another gap between that and the actual driving test, there might be some whoā€™d come on here finding that ā€œstrangeā€ too. :unamused: :unamused: (I would certainly find that ā€œstrange.ā€)

burnie1:
That must of cost you a bit of money?

:bulb: Why not write exactly what you want to ask instead of making a nonsensical statement that ends with a question mark?

:wink: Why not make the point that you really want to make, then everybody could have the opportunity to discuss it. :question:

Sorry mate, but I canā€™t see the point youā€™re making, so what is to you that training schools make such an offer anyway ?

Heā€™d find us real strange as when we take bookings most of the trainees havenā€™t even taken their medicalā€¦ :smiley:

instructorone:
Heā€™d find us real strange as when we take bookings most of the trainees havenā€™t even taken their medicalā€¦ :smiley:

:blush: Sorry!! :blush: I meant to mention the medical as part of an overall process.

Iā€™d add that Iā€™ve worked for a couple of LGV training schools in my area and they kept the elements of the overall process as close together as possible too.

The thing that Iā€™m finding a bit ā€œstrangeā€ at the moment is burnie1ā€™s posts on this subject. :confused:

Has anybody else noticed that too :question:

dieseldave:
The thing that Iā€™m finding a bit ā€œstrangeā€ at the moment is burnie1ā€™s posts on this subject.

Perhaps he is unaware of the way things are done in the LGV training industry in which case a question on the actual process would have been more relevant and then follow that with a proposal for a different way of doing it - we are all open to new ideas if they are better and they work for the trainee and the provider. :slight_smile: