BVBA Romantiek again

I read in the latest edition of Truck mag that Belgium-registered container pullers BVBA have been hauled before the commisioner (iirc) for various things; the number of accidents the wagons have been involved in, drivers running bent, defective limiters and, it would seem, a few unregistered trucks too! Oh dear. There’s also mention that the company is run by a Suffolk based guy and doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Belgium at all ! Double oh dear.

I don’t have the mag to hand and can’t recall the exact details but I thought that their licence had been suspended/whatever ?

If so, how come I’ve seen three of their wagons pulling boxes as normal on the roads today, albeit still at stupid speeds and cutting up everyone that dares to get in their way ?

Brgds

Speedy

ive noticed this aswell, not just with bvba, but a few years back fred sherwood lost his licence but i kept seeing his trucks on the road, also william c hockin of barnstaple is supposed to have lost his licence, but im still seeing his trucks on the road??

paul

if thats the case about these firms then perhaps a phone call to the relevant authorities could be in order.

Surprised they haven’t done for overloading either; I’ve seen one tipping two 20’ boxes of quite startling weight.

from what i remember sherwood’s now has a slightly different company name, and it’s the original bloke’s son or brother or something who runs it?

rather makes a mockery of the licencing system but if the TC is given guarantees that the same people won’t be running it and the new ones will behave, he is deciding whether to shut down a going concern, make people redundant etc with all that hassle - or give them a chance whilst keeping a close eye on them, tough call i reckon…

re sherwoods, they bought in to Bulk Freight at derby and run on there licence, another bent company if i never saw one :smiling_imp:

A Timely reminder
When naming companies ensure YOU have evidence to back up what you post …
This is a public message board and everything on here is covered by the laws on libel…
If you cannot prove to a court what you post on here is true, you can be liable for a lot of expenditure… and as defined in the terms of the user agreement… any losses incured by TruckNet UK because of a post made by you will be sought from the member

Rikki

Speedy:
I read in the latest edition of Truck mag that Belgium-registered container pullers BVBA have been hauled before the commisioner (iirc)…

…iirc = if I recall correctly.

I don’t have the mag to hand and can’t recall the exact details…

As extracted from the current edition of Truck.

Brgds

Speedy

Speedy

My post is not a criticism of any individual member or his posts…

Just to ensure that ALL members are aware that there are certain risks to naming and shaming without physical proof

OK :smiley:

Brgds

Speedy

I’m replying to a really old posting I know, but I happened to see a couple of trucks which looked like they were from this company on the A14 the other day hauling containers, this section of text is verbatim from the Police website, fully in the public domain. One can only assume that it relates to the same company:

FHQ Traffic Officers successfully secured the revocation of a haulage company’s Operators Licence. The operators had consistently failed to produce tachograph records, employed a disqualified driver, breached driver hours, and set up a bogus company in Belgium whilst operating vehicles out of Mendlesham. This unlawful activity generated a significant risk to road safety. The company directors were effectively banned for life from operating a haulage company. In passing judgement the Traffic Commissioner said that there “had been a cynical and calculated disregard for the law”. The enquiry took some 18 months and the
operator has lost the use of 14 large goods vehicles

So how come they are still on the road? Must be a different company? :confused:

Speedy:
I read in the latest edition of Truck mag that Belgium-registered container pullers BVBA have been hauled before the commisioner (iirc) for various things; the number of accidents the wagons have been involved in, drivers running bent, defective limiters and, it would seem, a few unregistered trucks too! Oh dear. There’s also mention that the company is run by a Suffolk based guy and doesn’t seem to have anything to do with Belgium at all ! Double oh dear.

I don’t have the mag to hand and can’t recall the exact details but I thought that their licence had been suspended/whatever ?

If so, how come I’ve seen three of their wagons pulling boxes as normal on the roads today, albeit still at stupid speeds and cutting up everyone that dares to get in their way ?

My brother in law worked for these.
the 2, 20ft boxes were 20tonne a piece,plus the weight of the motor.Some went to belgium every week (empty) just for diesel to be pumped out in the yard for the other motors to use.

All that for a packet of peanuts as a wage packet.But he did like the lights and ally wheels tho.He thinks more of the motor he drives than the wage packet an the leality of a company he drives for.

Tony b