Buses

Some while ago, a few people posted about their pet hates of buses stopping with the back end sticking out - this is why, ignorant ZBs parking in bus stops :smiling_imp:

[Stevie Wonder] ā€œThere is good and bad, in everyoneā€ [Stevie Wonder/]

This is what happens when the bus bites back

Nearly took a wingmirror off of a Transit the other week but the driver came back before I left, though I didnt leave room for him to get into the vanā€¦

bus drivers canā€™t park. full stop.

try getting past with a wide load, bus driver just looks at you, with a ā€œiā€™m here, you shouldnā€™t be here when iā€™m here lookā€ :grimacing:

DAF95XF:
This is what happens when the bus bites back

Admittedly he shouldnā€™t have been parked there but if that damage occurred while he was stationary and you were moving then this is going to come down to you.

limeyphil:
bus drivers canā€™t park. full stop.

try getting past with a wide load, bus driver just looks at you, with a ā€œiā€™m here, you shouldnā€™t be here when iā€™m here lookā€ :grimacing:

Iā€™ll move if Im asked to (by a lorry driver :wink: ), once had a toot from an artic in Hartley Wintney, so I looked in the mirror because all the other artics had got round and saw the big almighty lowloader behind me - pulled forward to give him enough roomā€¦ :sunglasses:

Harry Monk:
Admittedly he shouldnā€™t have been parked there but if that damage occurred while he was stationary and you were moving then this is going to come down to you.

Yeah it did - written warning :frowning:
Admittedly it should now be a final written but they obviously didnt read the file properly :wink:

Donā€™t worry about it, Iā€™ve done dozens in my time, Cars, bollards, lamposts, garage canopies, street furniture of all sorts.

I once knocked down a set of traffic lights in Streatham in the evening rush-hour and half an hour later Sally Traffic said ā€œthere are long delays in Streatham because of an incident at the traffic lightsā€ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk:
Donā€™t worry about it, Iā€™ve done dozens in my time, Cars, bollards, lamposts, garage canopies, street furniture of all sorts.

Oh yes, Ive done a thatched cottage (dont ask!!!), a street sign (dont ask again!!!), another bus in the yard (that one was a good un but they still fixed the poxy thing up :imp: ), and a few bollards, a mirror by a passing lorry (not impressed as it was lashing down and had to look out the window each time :smiling_imp: ) and an indicator lens on a parked bus but that was swept under the carpet as the fitter just happened to have a spare in the storeroomā€¦ :laughing:
Had a mirror ripped off today by another busā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:

Harry Monk:

Oh yes, Ive done a thatched cottage (dont ask!!!), a street sign (dont ask again!!!), another bus in the yard (that one was a good un but they still fixed the poxy thing up :imp: ), and a few bollards, a mirror by a passing lorry (not impressed as it was lashing down and had to look out the window each time :smiling_imp: ) and an indicator lens on a parked bus but that was swept under the carpet as the fitter just happened to have a spare in the storeroomā€¦ :laughing:
Had a mirror ripped off today by another busā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bet all your bloody passengers are on Anti depressants having you for a driver!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: God help you customers DAF :grimacing:

Bloody hell Daf, makes me feel better about hitting the post at one pub and someoneā€™s car at another.

I smacked the coach mirror off a first bus mirror the other week. The guys window was open and he didnā€™t half crap himself lol