What is wrong with these Bus drivers

London councils spend a lot of money building bus stops that are off the carriageway so buses can pull in and let the traffic behind pass while collecting/delivering passengers.

Yet bus drivers seem to be without the ability to actually drive their buses into these , instead they always seem to either have the back end of the bus still blocking the carriageway as they stop in the bus stop at a 45 degree angle or they dont even attempt it and just stop out in the road.

Following a bus I can see why congestion in London is so bad, its not the school run its the ■■■■ buses blocking every major road.

</rant mode >

dunno about bus drivers but got held up last week by a bus that couldn’t get in a bus stop because it was full of cars :imp: :imp: :imp:

The beauty of working nights . No buses in towns :smiley:

A Bloke:

London councils spend a lot of money building bus stops that are off the carriageway so buses can pull in and let the traffic behind pass while collecting/delivering passengers.

Yet bus drivers seem to be without the ability to actually drive their buses into these , instead they always seem to either have the back end of the bus still blocking the carriageway as they stop in the bus stop at a 45 degree angle or they dont even attempt it and just stop out in the road.

Following a bus I can see why congestion in London is so bad, its not the school run its the ■■■■ buses blocking every major road.

</rant mode >

If it is anything like Cornwall, the reason is because once you pull into one of these layby bus stops

NO BUGGER WILL LET YOU OUT AGAIN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m so glad i’m back on lorries now

Im guilty! I sometimes do it when im in a bit of a rush. Sometimes when you pull in you can spend an age waiting to get back out again. No one will let you pull out even though the highway code states that you should give way to buses if its safe to do so. Sometimes I do this when im not in a rush, because your half brained car or taxi driver has taken our parking spots leaving us sitting out in the middle of the road blocking all traffic.

One bus driver i know of openly admitted to me the trainer at his firm activly tought drivers to leave the back end out so as to be able to pull straight out again.

It’s a shame thats a lot of bus drivers think .
"Please let buses pull out " or “Give way to buses”
Means pull straight back out into traffic , don’t bother with the mirrors .
Or the good old favourite , screw a right of way up that someone else is already coming down by driving on and try to employ bully tactics and leave as tight a gap as possible for the approcahing vehicle to get through .
The language coming out of my mouth :laughing: :laughing:

The local bus company and it’s drivers are my favourite people :laughing:

paul@midway:
The local bus company and it’s drivers are my favourite people :laughing:

local bus drivers are ok, they are used to the roads around here:wink: it’s the tour buses full of wrinklies that need to send their drivers on training courses so they can find out their buses aren’t 17’ wide

However London councils are now spending more money building bus stops that extend into the carridgeway - a “bus boarder”,

From the TFL web site, This maintains the place of the bus in the traffic stream, deters illegal parking, creates additonal space for passengers!! Surprisingly it doesn’t mention the effect on congestion!

Couldn’t get a link to a London picture but here is one in flintshire.

flintshire.gov.uk/webcont/ne … ent&Click=

My son’s a bus driver, and he admits to doing this during rush hour.

Like us HGV drivers, he faces car drivers who have to be, regardless of cost, in front of the bus so they won’t give way or allow him to move out.

Then the passengers whinge at him because he is running late!

Magic Mel:
My son’s a bus driver, and he admits to doing this during rush hour.

Like us HGV drivers, he faces car drivers who have to be, regardless of cost, in front of the bus so they won’t give way or allow him to move out.

Then the passengers whinge at him because he is running late!

If they didnt keep stopping every bloody 2 minutes I would let them out!!!.

That was one of the saddest part of my day if i was in Nottingham on multidrop .Getting caught behind one of the buses , stuck behind it practically all the way round Nottingham :cry: :cry: :cry:

We arnt all like it,admittadley some seem to have some right bad attitude problems with others,where we park at one of the bus stations it is where the wilko,s lorry backs in to unload,and the council in its wisdom decides to put the stop right accross where the wagon is,i puled forward one night to let him get out and away instead of sitting there for the ten minutes only to have another bus driver have a go at me,needless to say he was quickly told where to go,i can see why people think we are the scum of the earth when idiots like this are about,but what the heck i,ll still let you all through as where i run its easier for me to stop and get going again than it probably is for you,creeping over,all the best to you all. :slight_smile:

The was a bus stike in Nowich on Friday and it was lovely!

Especially as I had to deliver opposite the bus station.

I wouldn’t want to be a bus driver for all the tea in china though.

Was a Bus Driver in Sunderland for 3 years before I got my HGVs.

It was THE most 2 faced, petty,backstabbing, snidey, nasty job I have had in my whole life.

Grown men acting like babies, grafiiti on the toilet walls, vandalising each others cars just because a certain group didnt like certain individuals and nothing but contempt for any other road users, lorry drivers in particualr etc etc, and that’s just the tip of the Iceberg.

Having seen it from both sides now, I can understand why so many truckers get peed off with them.